LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 229 users in the forums

Who would be worth our next year's first rounder?

To jump back into the first like we did with Staley. I was thinking about Phil Taylor, the NT from Baylor. At 333 of lean fattie mass, he's been rockin at the SB terrorizing the middle of the south OL. I know Fangio's NT at Stanford was Fua at 305. But man, couldn't Taylor be another piece that's missing for our 3-4 given how quick he is for that size, like Raji for GB?

The reason I ask that sometimes our pressure toward the inside was lax at times and Franklin couldn't generate enough push inside. I am seeing the same with Fua at times in the Orangebowl. One could surmize that given Taylor's girth, speed and quickness with the same kind of hands of Fua and Franklin, that he would be better suited for our D.

He also could be used as a rotational DE, too. I saw what Balti did with Nagta and Mt. Cody. Damn. IMO, we still need that beef at NT. JMO.

Is he worth it? If not who possibly? Not sayin' do it, but rather what's the possibilities?
nvm

[ Edited by 49ersalldaway126 on Jan 29, 2011 at 13:17:04 ]
Definitely not Taylor.
Originally posted by strickac:
Definitely not Taylor.

Why? IYO?
maybe Houston, but i think he can fall to the 2nd
Nobody.
Originally posted by ninertico:
Originally posted by strickac:
Definitely not Taylor.

Why? IYO?

He's probably a mid-second round guy, maybe a little earlier. I would've understood a trade for Cody because he was a monster and a brick wall at NT. Taylor just isn't worth a likely #15-20 overall pick, IMO.

Plus, next year's QB class looks to be pretty good and if Harbaugh can't find his QB this offseason (very likely), next year's draft will be extremely important.
Originally posted by ninertico:
To jump back into the first like we did with Staley. I was thinking about Phil Taylor, the NT from Baylor. At 333 of lean fattie mass, he's been rockin at the SB terrorizing the middle of the south OL. I know Fangio's NT at Stanford was Fua at 305. But man, couldn't Taylor be another piece that's missing for our 3-4 given how quick he is for that size, like Raji for GB?

The reason I ask that sometimes our pressure toward the inside was lax at times and Franklin couldn't generate enough push inside. I am seeing the same with Fua at times in the Orangebowl. One could surmize that given Taylor's girth, speed and quickness with the same kind of hands of Fua and Franklin, that he would be better suited for our D.

He also could be used as a rotational DE, too. I saw what Balti did with Nagta and Mt. Cody. Damn. IMO, we still need that beef at NT. JMO.

Is he worth it? If not who possibly? Not sayin' do it, but rather what's the possibilities?

make it stop---you'll never get taylor at the end of round one--no way niners get him....please make it stop
Andrew Luck
Originally posted by fakers23:
Andrew Luck

Agreed.

Andrew Luck

Why do we need Luck, we are going to have Smith?
  • JDog
  • Veteran
Originally posted by genus49:
Nobody.

This!
  • JDog
  • Veteran
Andrew Luck

And this!
Andrew Luck
dont have a link but i did read an article saying that it is believed that phil taylor is actually better than bj raji and raji was a first rounder.
Share 49ersWebzone