There are 237 users in the forums

Ollie Ols Sports presents - MY MOCK DRAFT

Originally posted by 9moon:
3) BUFFALO - Jake Locker, QB -
4) CINCY - Von Miller, OLB
8) TENNESSEE - AJ Green, WR - Georgia 12) VIKINGS - Nate Solder, OT - Colorado
15) MIAMI - Robert Quinn, DE - NC )
miami just drafted Misi in the 2nd round last year and have wake at the other OLB spot.

Locker at 3 is just inexplicable.

VonMiller to the cincy is an odd fit, they've invested a ton of young picks at the OLB position and Miller can't be a DE in a 4-3.

Minny has no real need at OT, and has a ton of other holes to use that pick on.

And Tenn has upcoming WR Kenny Britt, don't see such a run first team getting another 1st round WR.

Didn't even mention the spelling mistakes (Harden, Newton???)
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by dlance:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
prepare to get flamed.

No way Marcell Dareus makes it past us

That really depends on how much the Niners value Newton. Anxious for his workout so we can get a little better gauge on his draft value. Everyone has a different opinion when it comes to the draft.

Personally if Dareus is there at 11, I can see Houston running to the podium. He could be Wade's new Jay Ratliff.

hes like vick run first pass later im sorry but those players wont win u championships theyre just flashy

That's what his offense asked him to do for the most part, not every snap he took was a 1 read then run option but that is the offense he was asked to run. They played to Cam's strength, they took advantage of his abilities. In the NFL he'll have to make pro style reads to become great, thus why he likely needs a year maybe 2 to sit. However he could be used in certain packages, and we could create packages and plays to involve him from day 1.

But ATM, from all we know and all we have seen we can tell that Newton has the chance to be an all world player if he gets proper coaching and the offense can be geared towards his strengths (like how the Eagles were able to put Vick in a position to succeed this year).

not all player can make it in the NFL. just because be a great athlete dosn't mean he can be coach up to be a great QB. jeff george, ryan leaf, vince young, akili smith all could have been great QB and none of them turned out to be great QBs. Cam may turn into a good QB but its not like this is payton manning coming out of Tenn that they are going to sit for 1 year. I really hope they don't draft a QB at 7 and sit him for 2 years. and as far as putting in your future franchise QB to run the ball i really not sure i like that idea. At pick 7 I hope they can find someone to play much sooner. with a second round pick take a QB and sit him for 2 or 3 years. or a late first round pick i would be fine with that.

It's not about how soon the kid drafted at 7 can make an impact (if he is a QB), it's the long term investment payoff. If he can become an elite franchise QB, then you have made the right pick. VD was taken 6th and how long did it take for that investment to pay off ? Cam proved at Auburn that he was more than an athlete, but Cam is going to need to be developed as a pro style QB in all likelihood before he is ready to play. Carson Palmer sat is first year, and didn't truly shine until year 3 (he had flashes in year 2) but the investment made when he did begin to shine proved the pick was the right one and worth it.

And putting packages for him into the offense is more than just asking him to run. He can be used in a variety of ways, from a passer to runner to a decoy. It all depends on how creative the offense wants to be.

I really understand what your saying and cam may turn out to be a good QB. I don't think he is anywhere near what Carsom Palmer was when he came out of USC. I thought Rick Mirer was just going to be light out great and I could not have been more wrong. if they where picking cam at 24 i would be happy. I just think at 7 there are going to be some good players that can help now.

[ Edited by dlance on Jan 30, 2011 at 07:11:53 ]
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
what i did is sat and act like as if I am the GM and in charge of the draft for each of the following team..

I chose Locker ahead of any QB, beacuae his toughness reminds me of Jim Kelly.. Aside for Cam, I personally believe that any other QB from this draft will FOLD once the toughness in Buffalo gets goin..

as for Cam, the more i think of him and the plays he made, the more i think that he's got that "it" in him.. i wouldnt compare him to Vince or Vick because those two guys never had the IT!!

and for those who thinks and believe that we can draft Ponder in the 2nd round, then why not just trade for Kolb.. the guy is a better QB all around..
Share 49ersWebzone