LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 285 users in the forums

Mock Draft w/ trades

• ajveltri
  • Info N/A
Ok so I know most of you will pan some of the scenarios that I am going to discuss but please keep in my mind that for the last 5 years we have had complete ineptitude all around as far as coaching and drafting....We now have a new regime and coach and they will want to get this roster looking like it fits their philosophy more than ever!

Trades:

Aubrayo Frankling franchised and sent to Houston for their 2nd #42.

Josh Morgan to San Diego for a 5th Round pick...I do not think he is good, call me crazy but Alligator arms and your done with me...plus he has not done anything to rave about since being here...I dont really like Crabtree either but we spent a #10 on him and have invested around $40 mil.

Parys Haralson to anyone who will take him for a 6th rd. pick or we just cut him because he really sucks.

Trade our 3rd for Carson Palmer...Yea I know they aren't trading him but he aint staying there so they opt to send him to his wife's hometown and get a 3 in return.

Chile Rachal for a 5th round or 6th round pick to anyone who would like to take this bust.

Cuts/Walk:
Nate Clements
David Carr
Manny Lawson
Barry Sims
Alex Smith
Troy Smith
Heittman

Resign:
David Baas
Tony Wragge
Takeo Spikes

FA:
Nnamdi Asomugha- I know everyone here thinks he may be too old and cost too much, but he is 29 and still a lock down cover corner that we so desperately need, and look at what Charles Woodson did for GB a few years ago and he is in his 30's so that argument only counts for players who arent productive not the best at their respective positions.

Harvey Dahl- We get some mean nasty back into our line along with Baas, and Iupati we have some very nasty interior linemen to dominate.

Draft:

Trade our 1st to Jacksonville for the #16 and #49...Logic is that Jacksonville has holes and question marks in the secondary and we pass on Prince because we feel pass rush is more important and there is not anyone worthy of the #7 so we add a 3rd 2nd round pick and move to 16 in rd. 1.

1: Von Miller- Olb 3-4, guy is just a pass rushing 3-4 olb nightmare with amazing speed.

2a from Houston: Rahim Moore- S, Ballhawk enough said!

2b: Titus Young- WR, we finally get our slot speedster reciever, Amen!

2c from Jax: Brooks Reed- DE/OLB, we have a weakness at getting to the qb and we draft our 2nd stud to fill that void.

4a: Sione Fua- NT, familiar with Fangio and his 3-4 from Stanford, and replaces Aubrayo Franklin.

4b: Greg McElroy- QB, perfect accurate, smart WCO QB that Harbaugh will mold and who will sit behind Palmer and learn from a Pro.

5a: Greg Salas-WR, Another good recieving option to replace the garbage that we have had...we now have Crabtree, Young, Salas, Ziegler, and Williams, we could now rival GB recieving corps in a year or two.

5b: Owen Marecic- FB, Harbaugh takes his prototypical WCO fullback who he has coached the last few years. Bringing back the swagg to SF.

The rest of the way we take the BPA and get a CB and some Oline depth.
only way u can tag a player and trade them i believe is to have them sign thew tender and consent to the trade.
  • ajveltri
  • Info N/A
Ah did not know that...hopefully we can pull that off...wouldnt be a bad move...Im all about trading Gore too like moneyball style but IDK if we would get the right value in return.
Who here thinks Nnamdi is too old? Expensive, yes. But not old. I have not heard that before from anyone (on this board or anywhere else). The guy is an absolute stud and a top corner; if not the best (I know people say it is undisputedly Revis, however, I am curious what would happen if they swapped defenses.)
God damning these sign and trades are going to be the death of me.
For the 1000000000th time this isnt the NBA.
We don't need to clean house and stock the roster with a bunch of rookie wideouts. I do like Young and Salas though, I'll give ya that.
THE CHARGERS DO NOT NEED JOSH MORGAN.

Are. You. Kidding. Me.
Originally posted by NickSh49:

Are. You. Kidding. Me.
if the 7th worst team in the NFL (us) doesnt want all of these players im pretty sure other teams dont either. Id understand if we trade 1 person but we cant just trade everyone we dont like.....that never happens
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by NinerGM:
LOL! The 49ers will not let Clements and Simms walk without a viable alternative and I don't mean a rookie. Sims plays a much more important role than Wragge.

Well he did have us signing Nnamdi Asomugha (I hate spelling his name) and Harvey Dahl in free agency.

Got to love the sign and trades... That does not happen.

stop pretending this is madden.
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by NickSh49:

Are. You. Kidding. Me.
so who's our QB? and Von Miller's falling to #17? In your dreams
  • ajveltri
  • Info N/A
I know some of you guys don't think alot of this will happen and your probably right...but overall our roster is going to be overhauled to fit both Baalke and Harbaugh's vision...right now some of these players dont...Gore trade isnt something I want to do but I feel its like moneyball and we can find a RB they are a dime a dozen...Look at GB with Starks and Houston with Foster, c'mon now we all now RB's can be had anywhere even undrafted.

Morgan is a dog but could be liked by another and we only get a 5th, thats not a steep price....Franchised players do get traded its happened, and it could happen not 100% but it isnt that far fetched especially since we only would want a 2 or 3 in return.

Trading down is also something I see as a strong possibilty and Baalke is from the Parcells and Belichick mold so that might be an option even more so than Franklin, Morgan, or Gore being traded.

I totally think Sims and Clements are history and Nnamdi Asomugha is in my opinion going to be our biggest acquisition, and Harvey Dahl isnt too much, so its not a crazy FA period...we are just going to be more active in getting rid of players from the previous regime that don't fit the WCO and make too much.

GB and NE are the models now for the league, start the young guys and let them grow and get rid of the high priced veterans, only have a few and retain the guys you draft...GB had one big FA acquistion which was Woodson, and so will we with Nnamdi, the rest get draft picks and undrafted guys to compete and let the waste be cut.

In 2 or 3 years this team will be a perennial playoff threat and a contender!
Originally posted by ajveltri:
Morgan is a dog but could be liked by another and we only get a 5th, thats not a steep price....Franchised players do get traded its happened, and it could happen not 100% but it isnt that far fetched especially since we only would want a 2 or 3 in return.

This is so wrong it's hilarious. Incredibly out of touch. You know the Patriots got Randy Moss for a 4th, right?

It's friggin' Josh Morgan. He's average. There is no team in the NFL that desperate for a wide receiver. Name me one team that would trade for Josh Morgan, and I'll refute it immediately.

Please, go ahead. Try me. Name a team.

[ Edited by NickSh49 on Jan 29, 2011 at 16:06:39 ]
Share 49ersWebzone