Who thinks we should draft Prince CB ??

Originally posted by 80849er4life:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
I HAVE A GREAT IDEA LETS KEEP PLAYING THE SAME CLIP OVER AND OVER

I think you are being misguided. Prince didn't just get burned, get looked completely lost and befuddled in that game.

Here is a quote from a coach who had to plan against Prince and Miller in College (University of Kansas HC Chuck Long):

"Long also pored over plenty of film of Nebraska cornerback Prince Amukamara, who was part of a defense which allowed 15 passing yards in 20-3 win over the Jayhawks this past season. Amukamara, like Miller, is viewed as a high-end, first-round pick and San Francisco is a logical landing spot.

Part of it certainly has to do with Amukamara’s position – cornerbacks can be avoided much easier than pass-rushers such as Miller – but Long wasn’t quite as enamored with the Big 12 Defensive Player of the Year.

“They have a great scheme there,” Long said. “And they played a lot of man, so when you play a lot of man, obviously you’ve got a lot of confidence in your corners. But they would wrap guys over the top to protect him a little bit. I don’t know how much he stood out to us. But I think he’s a good football player. He didn’t stand out as much as Von Miller did at his position, but he can play.”"

http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/2011/01/inside-the-49ers/senior-bowl-standout-miller-stood-out-on-film/

My point was this same video pops up in every thread that has his name in it.

Were going to get Peterson anyways, so Prince is just a nice consolation prize just in case.

Were getting Peterson?

YES HAVE FAITH

I want to beleive but just dont see his talents falling to #7.

He just needs to get by Denver, which is a serious possibility.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I dont know.

I think you are being misguided. Prince didn't just get burned, get looked completely lost and befuddled in that game.

Here is a quote from a coach who had to plan against Prince and Miller in College (University of Kansas HC Chuck Long):

"Long also pored over plenty of film of Nebraska cornerback Prince Amukamara, who was part of a defense which allowed 15 passing yards in 20-3 win over the Jayhawks this past season. Amukamara, like Miller, is viewed as a high-end, first-round pick and San Francisco is a logical landing spot.

Part of it certainly has to do with Amukamara’s position – cornerbacks can be avoided much easier than pass-rushers such as Miller – but Long wasn’t quite as enamored with the Big 12 Defensive Player of the Year.

“They have a great scheme there,” Long said. “And they played a lot of man, so when you play a lot of man, obviously you’ve got a lot of confidence in your corners. But they would wrap guys over the top to protect him a little bit. I don’t know how much he stood out to us. But I think he’s a good football player. He didn’t stand out as much as Von Miller did at his position, but he can play.”"

http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/2011/01/inside-the-49ers/senior-bowl-standout-miller-stood-out-on-film/

Were going to get Peterson anyways, so Prince is just a nice consolation prize just in case.

Were getting Peterson?

YES HAVE FAITH

Man that sounds like a long shot, but I could dig it.
Much rather hope that peterson falls. OR:

Von Miller/Quinn
Jimmy Smith/Brandon Burton
Ricky Stanzi or Andy Dalton or Christian Ponder. One of these QBs will be in the 3rd

FTW!

Were getting Peterson?

YES HAVE FAITH

People thought paying for Berry at #5 was a little nuts, if no CBA happens then no rookie cap. So they would have to figure his contract would be close to $70 million. Retaining Champ and drafting one of the better DL would be the wiser choice if I was them. Champ just went to his 10th probowl....you don't let that value walk out of the door.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
^^^ that lady looks like Al Davis
Originally posted by susweel:
^^^ that lady looks like Al Davis

Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
^^ Good points.

I tend to like the Steelers and Packers approach to things. You wreak havoc from your front 7, putting constant pressure on the QB from different angles, then primarily use zone coverages on the back-end with highly athletic, play-making CBs. So instead of using a high pick to draft the "cover corner" type, you find athletes for your secondary with speed and the ability to break on the ball (Woodson, Tramon Williams, Sam Shields, Ike Taylor, Bryant McFadden, William Gay, etc.).

It's not a coincidence that along with being the two best teams in sacks, the Packers and Steelers were also in the top 5 in both interceptions and passes defended, and there's only 1 high draft pick at CB for either team (Charles Woodson, who's 34 years old). The rest are mid-round picks and even UDFAs, with speed and ball skills.

Pressure creates opportunities for your DBs to make plays.

YES

Were getting Peterson?

YES HAVE FAITH

People thought paying for Berry at #5 was a little nuts, if no CBA happens then no rookie cap. So they would have to figure his contract would be close to $70 million. Retaining Champ and drafting one of the better DL would be the wiser choice if I was them. Champ just went to his 10th probowl....you don't let that value walk out of the door.

True but how old is he, and everyone knows the pro bowl is a popularity contest, gotta fall sometime and I think this is the start to his decline in the NFL.

Were getting Peterson?

YES HAVE FAITH

True but how old is he, and everyone knows the pro bowl is a popularity contest, gotta fall sometime and I think this is the start to his decline in the NFL.

He's up there in age but he's still a force. A big question will be what happens with Cox. He was supposed to be the "guy" but has been in some hot water. With the move to a 4-3 (which I think they will do) they will have 2 awesome DL sitting for them.

Were getting Peterson?

YES HAVE FAITH

He's up there in age but he's still a force. A big question will be what happens with Cox. He was supposed to be the "guy" but has been in some hot water. With the move to a 4-3 (which I think they will do) they will have 2 awesome DL sitting for them.

I think Cox will be better just had a bad year, it happens. Drafting Peterson and getting a solid QB would make my offseason.

Were getting Peterson?

YES HAVE FAITH

I think Cox will be better just had a bad year, it happens. Drafting Peterson and getting a solid QB would make my offseason.

he got in some legal trouble

Were getting Peterson?

YES HAVE FAITH

he got in some legal trouble

Oh Im thinking of the wrong guy, thats right so whats gonna happen to him then?

sorry, i dont get it...what does he wanna say here? kind of "you can see whether a guy sucks or not only by playing against him over and over again"...

[ Edited by communist on Jan 28, 2011 at 16:49:01 ]
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
I'm leaning towards Quinn over Prince.
Share 49ersWebzone