LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 234 users in the forums

OG/C John Moffitt, Wisconsin

Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Moffitt is probably going to be a late 2nd rounder, so the Niners will need to reach for him in the 40s, or trade down or up. I don't see him around when the Niners pick in the third.

Really

I not so sure about that. I think he could be there in the 3rd, but we'll need to grab him then.

For as much praise as he received at the Senior Bowl, he sure did get pushed back a lot. He does a good job staying in front of his man, but he's constantly moving backwards.

The guard that impressed me the most was the Canadian kid (forgot his name). He's a mauler and surprisingly constistant given he's relatively new to playing football. He's 27 y/o, but would be a nice addition in the mid-late rounds.
Originally posted by strickac:
For as much praise as he received at the Senior Bowl, he sure did get pushed back a lot. He does a good job staying in front of his man, but he's constantly moving backwards.

The guard that impressed me the most was the Canadian kid (forgot his name). He's a mauler and surprisingly constistant given he's relatively new to playing football. He's 27 y/o, but would be a nice addition in the mid-late rounds.

Danny Watkins is the Canadian kid from Baylor who looks like a stud. I've seen him as low as the mid fourth and as high as the early 2nd. I'd love to see him at RG if he was still around in the 3rd.

Tim Barnes from Missouri could also be a solid mid-round option to add some youth at center.

[ Edited by SonocoNinerFan on Feb 4, 2011 at 16:21:19 ]
if we dont get a RG in free agency then def
Originally posted by PTulini:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
What do you guys think? Where could be get him?

DraftCountdown.com

Wisconsin Badgers Bio

Pat, I love Moffitt, could be a nice 3rd or 4th rd pick.

Versatile, and has great strength.

That's what I was thinking too. We need depth at OG and C. Maybe he can be a starter? At worst, a solid backup. I hope that the 49ers draft him.

exactly what im thinking.

He would step In at RG IMO for Rachal who is trash. Another terrible McClousless pick in 2008, with Balmer.

I heard that he's 25 though. His age worries a little.

That'd be ok, he's a mature grown man, which is what we need. At worse he's a backup, so it shouldnt matter..
Share 49ersWebzone