LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 244 users in the forums

How about Niners swapping #7 for #10 pick for McNabb and then picking Miller OLB

How about Niners swapping #7 for #10 pick for McNabb and then picking Miller OLB

Originally posted by ishkabibel:
I didn't vote. Need to know if Clements stays or goes. If he goes we need go CB at 7.

or we could have McNabb and Prince?
McNabb was bad last year and might be for the remaining years of his career. Also, the Redskins are going to cut him, so why trade for him.?.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

McNabb worse than Alex.

How is 4 straight (5 overall) NFC championships and a SB appearance worse than Mr. "china doll" shoulder and not even beating out the blue-fin tunas(Seahawks of course) for a damn Playoff spot!!?? Just a question

As for the trade, Like Hopper said before me
Originally posted by Hopper:
three spots to get mcnabb, done

@ number 10 maybe Miller does drop or just take Amukamara. This happens if Shanahan is big on Locker :)

[ Edited by Ibleedgoldnred on Jan 28, 2011 at 09:01:14 ]
Originally posted by swim4speed:
McNabb was bad last year and might be for the remaining years of his career. Also, the Redskins are going to cut him, so why trade for him.?.

Agreed. I'm not in favor of trading down three spots for a player that won't be here long term. I'm not saying McNabb is done, but he is definitely past his prime and we'd be giving up too much IMO. Trading down three spots in the first should net us a 2nd or 3rd rounder this year and a 1st or 2nd rounder next year, not McNabb and a hope that the player we want will still be on the board. If Miller is the guy, draft him at 7.
I posted it with the niners intentions of Moving up with N.E top of the second to pick the qb that drops. They can sit for two years behind McNabb Mallet, Locker looked not so good at Senior Bowl or Dalton. Prince sucks!!!!!!!! Can you say Nate Clements 2.0. If you don't believe me here's the proof

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVeWn3bwWTg
Noooooo mcnab. Please. This is why fans don't run the team. The while idea of mcnab is just idiotic.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by valrod33:
  • dj43
This draft has 7-8 "impact" players in it - guys who are as close to certain to be game changers as you get. Right now the 49ers are in great need of game changers. They won't get a QB at #7 that will be a game changer but they might get a pass rusher like Quinn or Prince. At #10 you definitely drop down a level in class.
I'd want nothing to do with that contact.
NO..

McNabb is not worth trading for at this point in his career. If he were, why would he have landed on the bench in Washington, behind Grossman??

The Skins are likely to just release him, and they need a QB..

Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
NO..

McNabb is not worth trading for at this point in his career. If he were, why would he have landed on the bench in Washington, behind Grossman??

The Skins are likely to just release him, and they need a QB..

Trading anything but a very low draft pick would be way too much. He's getting up there in age and lacks the wheels Harbaugh needs at QB.
why would we trade for McNabb when he will be cut?
Originally posted by midrdan:
Originally posted by swim4speed:

Agreed. I'm not in favor of trading down three spots for a player that won't be here long term. I'm not saying McNabb is done, but he is definitely past his prime and we'd be giving up too much IMO. Trading down three spots in the first should net us a 2nd or 3rd rounder this year and a 1st or 2nd rounder next year, not McNabb and a hope that the player we want will still be on the board. If Miller is the guy, draft him at 7.

Trading down 3 spots to 10 is worth a 2nd or 3rd this year, depending on the players left on the board, but no way does it include a future 1st rounder unless you're talking about the top few picks.
Too big of a risk...Miller only enhanced his draft status in the Senior Bowl. He won't make it out of the top 10. No, I say we stand pat at #7...and take either Miller or Amukamara...period.
I have no problem with having McNabb for 1 or 2 year but why trade for McNabb The Skins are likely to release him
Share 49ersWebzone