LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 377 users in the forums

This is why drafting Netwon a bad idea

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft2011/news/story?id=6066772

His dad runs his life. Guy has no mind for himself..
  • Paul
  • Veteran
teams are keeping an eye on this, and if he is drafted low in the first round (or would drop to 2nd round) this would obviously be way. I like him as a player but this could ruin him
LOL Its gotta be hard for a son to tell his father off. Who really knows if he even needs to break away from his dad. Definately not anyone who posts here. Anyways its just him scheduling a workout. Newtons been working with Big Bens QB coach. If he has a great workout hes a top 10 pick. Hes just too good a prospect for any qb needy team to pass up. Id draft him at 7 but i doubt he makes it out of the top 5 on draft day.
  • mod
  • Veteran
I ran into one of the top guys at Auburn, I congratulated him and asked him what his thoughts were on Cam Newton... As far as I know he's not affiliated with the team but since he attended every game and is a huge fan I figured he'd have more knowledge than I do.

He basically said the guy has a lot of raw talent and is very athletic, which I already knew... but he said he wouldnt draft him in the 1st only because he felt Newton would be a major project transitioning into the NFL.

You can take this any way you want.
Originally posted by fakers23:

Agents schedule things for their players all the time for a reason. They want their prospects focusing on football, not scheduling and logistics...so Cam's dad is doing the same. It's fair to be critical of Cam for a lot of things both on and off the field, but this one seems silly.

[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Jan 28, 2011 at 01:26:40 ]
  • bors
  • Veteran
pops is going to want that cash.i could see cam doing a long holdout
drafting Cam Newton is a bad idea because he isnt an NFL QB. hes like a rich mans JaMarcus Russell.
Originally posted by Niners99:
drafting Cam Newton is a bad idea because he isnt an NFL QB. hes like a rich mans JaMarcus Russell.

Supposedly (according to ESPN) he's working with tutor in LA who has pronounced him NFL ready as a QB. He'll audition before combine. A good showing can only enhance his draft value.
Well I hope his dad can read an NFL defense and knows how to pick up blitzs bc we gonna have to bring him in and set him up in the booth with a headset talking to Cam.
in Harbaugh I trust.

Originally posted by ishkabibel:

Supposedly (according to ESPN) he's working with tutor in LA who has pronounced him NFL ready as a QB. He'll audition before combine. A good showing can only enhance his draft value.

whats he supposed to say, hes not ready dont draft him?
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by ishkabibel:

whats he supposed to say, hes not ready dont draft him?

lol His dad probably used some of that bribe money to pay off the tutor. But seriously you know that's a lie. He's clearly not NFL ready, he's a project that needs a bunch of mechanical adjustments.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by fakers23:

Agents schedule things for their players all the time for a reason. They want their prospects focusing on football, not scheduling and logistics...so Cam's dad is doing the same. It's fair to be critical of Cam for a lot of things both on and off the field, but this one seems silly.

This! Cecil has been Cam's agent since his college days anyways.
If your a mamas boy nobody says anything, but if your a daddys boy you get a thread.
Share 49ersWebzone