LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 262 users in the forums

Sjceruti's Pre Senior Bowl 32 Team 1st Round Mock

2011 1st Round NFL Mock Draft

49ers 2nd and 3rd round picks as well.

1.) Carolina Panthers – De’Quan Bowers

Ultimately a DE is more valuable than a DT. They have needs all over the place so any talent will help. Bowers lead the nation in sacks and could be their next Julius Peppers.
2.) Denver Broncos – Patrick Peterson
No brainer. They may lose Champ and need playmakers on defense. Here's one of them.
3.) Buffalo Bills – Nick Fairley
Bills may trade out if they can but they get the best player in the draft by many standards. Can play in different schemes but may ultimately be best in a 4-3.
4.) Cincinnati Bengals – AJ Green
Again heres a no brainer. Best WR in the draft and all sign point to them losing both 85 and 81, maybe for the best. If Carson stays in Cinci then he'll have a nice group of young receivers.
5.) Arizona Cardinals – Von Miller
Arizona falls in love with this guy and why not? He's a beast. Pass rusher. Run stopper. He'll fit nicely in their 3-4.
6.) Cleveland Browns – Marcel Dareus
The browns would love for AJ Green to fall but he didn't. They have a lot of needs but here they get a DL who will be a constant playmaker.
7.) San Francisco 49ers – Robert Quinn
If this is the actual scenario for the 49ers they have some big choices to make. They need a QB, DB, OLB among other things. They decide to go with a pass rusher who missed last season due to suspension. He's a guy who will get to the QB and make plays. Much needed in their 3-4 defense especially in a deep CB draft.
8.) Tennessee Titans – Blaine Gabbert
Jeff Fisher wants a franchise QB. Well here's his shot. Gabbert can make every throw but what prevent him from going higher is inconsistency and the spread offense he played in. If he's well coached he'll be a solid QB.
9.) Dallas Cowboys – Prince Amukamara
This is a no brainer for Dallas. They need secondary help and they get a good corner here.
10.) Washington Redskins – Cam Newton
Shanahan falls in love with the potential. If he sits and learns under a vet he has a chance to be a star.
11.) Houston Texans – Adrian Clayborn
This was probably the worst defense in the league all around. They need secondary help but they went corner in the 1st last season so they'll prolly wait. Here they get a strong, quick DE to play opposite Super Mario.
12.) Minnesota Vikings – Ryan Mallett
They need a QB first and foremost. Who knows in Webb is for real and I dont think they wait to find out. Mallett has some issues with decision making and fundamentals but you cant doubt his arm strength (Although I think arm strength is quite overrated.)
13.) Detroit Lions – Brandon Harris
Boom. Lions get a corner and boy do they need it. Harris is a quick physical guy who finds the ball. Schwartz gets a good one.
14.) St. Louis Rams – Julio Jones
Sam Bradford had a good rookie year throwing to nobody. That changes when they bring in the highly touted Alabama WR.
15.) Miami Dolphins – Mark Ingram
I think Ingram is good but maybe not great. However, the dolphins may lose Brown and Williams and need a work horse for the future.
16.) Jacksonville Jaguars – Ryan Kerrigan
It seems like Jacksonville has been looking for a pass rusher for years. They signed Aaron Kampman but he got hurt last year. Kerrigan is a high motor guy who lead the big ten in sacks and can also cause turnovers.
17.) New England Patriots – Cameron Jordan
The Pats have a young defense but its talented. Cameron Jordan is a great athlete and perfect for their 3-4 defense. He can rush the passer and is tough to run at.
18.) San Diego Chargers – Allen Bailey
The Chargers also need some help across the DL. Allen Bailey is a guy who can play several different position but he should fit perfectly at 3-4 end.
19.) New York Giants – Akeem Ayers
Last year the Giants wanted Rolando McClain but he was taken before them. They need help an linebacker and here they get a athletic guy who can start from day 1.
20.) Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Aldon Smith
They went DT last year and now they go DE. This defense with a pass rush may bring back memories of 2002.
21.) Kansas City Chiefs – Nate Solder
First tackle off the board here. Solder is probably the best in this draft but others could go before him. Kansas City needs help here and they get it.
22.) Indianapolis Colts – Stephen Paea
The Colts defense has always been criticized. Stephen Paea is getting a lot of love lately and the Colts defensive line isnt getting younger. Easy pick.
23.) Philadelphia Eagles – Anthony Castonzo
Winston Justice struggled last season even with Mike Vick at QB. The Eagles get a solid RT of the future.
24.) New Orleans Saints – Mikel Leshoure
The Saints could go a lot of different directions here but ultimately they go with a RB who has all the tools. Pierre Thomas and other have had injury concerns and he could be a nice compliment to Reggie Bush.
25.) Seattle Seahawks – Aaron Williams
Seattle's secondary is bad. Aaron Williams is a solid corner out of a big program who can make their secondary better instantly.
26.) Baltimore Ravens – Rahim Moore
Ed Reeds getting old and has spoke of retirement in the near future. Dawan Landry is a FA. Moore fits the Ravens personality and gives them another playmaker in the secondary.
27.) Atlanta Falcons – Gabe Carimi
Atlanta could go WR but I think they wait. Instead they continue to try and protect their prize investment at QB.
28.) New England Patriots – Mike Pouncey
No brainer. Belickick loves Florida guys, they need interior linemen, and his brother had great success his rookie year. All signs point to a solid pick.
29.) Chicago Bears – Jonathan Baldwin
Chicago is where WR's go to die. Lets hope for Baldwins sake thats not ture.
30.) New York Jets – JJ Watt
The Jets DL is old and constantly injured. JJ Watt is a Rex Ryan guy who can play right away.
31.) Pittsburgh Steelers – Derek Sherrod
The Steelers Oline is weak and constantly injured. Sherrod may not be able to start right away but he's got talent and goes to a team than can develop it.
32.) Green Bay Packers – Ryan Williams
The Packers need a running back. James Starks in nice but I wouldnt want to bank on him 100%. Ryan Williams is my favorite back in this class and he goes to a place where he's very much needed.
49ers
2nd Round – Marvin Austin
3rd Round – Andy Dalton

[ Edited by Sjceruti on Jan 27, 2011 at 10:35:18 ]
Cle went back to a 4-3
CAR has 4 young and really talented DEs (Charles Johnson who was 7th in the league in sacks with 11.5, Everette Brown who cost them a 1st rounder and Greg Hardy who was considered a blue-chip pass rush prospect before the 2010 season, and had 3 sacks as a rookie with limited playing time).

They have nothing at DT.
I think it makes more sense to grab Ras-I Dowling in the 2nd if he's there or the guy from Colorado whose name I can't remember at the time.
the only way we could afford to not grab a cb with 1 -2 maybe even 1-3 is if we land a stud in FA
Originally posted by TalkinBoutWILLIS:
the only way we could afford to not grab a cb with 1 -2 maybe even 1-3 is if we land a stud in FA

I see you're point and there may be some truth but if Austin's there I dont see how we could pass him.

Also there are several CB free agents we could grab plus we could make Nate restructure.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I think Arizona is more apted to pick Green with Fitzerald possibly leaving.
Originally posted by mayo49:

yep
Originally posted by jreff22:

yep

I just cant possibly see this happening.
Originally posted by Sjceruti:

yep

insurance policy and possibly BPA

yep

That team has so many other needs.
Plus behind Fitz they have a pretty good young receiving corp.
Not a chance. They need just about every position besides WR and DL.

yep

That team has so many other needs.
Plus behind Fitz they have a pretty good young receiving corp.
Not a chance. They need just about every position besides WR and DL.

Fitz is in his last year under contract, IF they franchise him he has to be paid over 20 million. Fitz is the dominant WR, nobody else requires a double. If they continue to suck Fitz could look for a better team that's contending, Arz will not be on top of the Div again. Another bad year for Whiz and he could be out, Boldin made a good move, Fitz could do the same but have more options. I still think they go with Gabbert but even then it doesn't mean he will do well.

A team that has many needs means they can get better everywhere. We don't need a WR but if he fell we could take him....never count a top player out of consideration for any team.
az cannot franchise tag fitzgerald after this year even if they want to. nor can they trade him based on the current contract agreement.

fitz is gone after this year if he wants to be
Originally posted by frenchmov:
az cannot franchise tag fitzgerald after this year even if they want to. nor can they trade him based on the current contract agreement.

fitz is gone after this year if he wants to be

3/11/2008: Signed a four-year, $40 million contract w/NTC. The deal contains $30 million guaranteed, including a $15 million signing bonus, and a $9 million option bonus and $3.1 million roster bonus in the second year. If Fitzgerald is franchise tagged in 2012, he must be paid $23 million that season. 2011: $7 million, 2012: Free Agent

and this which I havent seen yet

NESN.com reports the Cardinals could make Larry Fitzgerald available in trade "for the right price."
The Cardinals aren't trying to "actively unload" Fitz, and NESN.com freely admits their sources don't know if the team has had any "legitimate" discussions about trading their star receiver. We suspect any team wishing to acquire Fitz would have to blow Arizona's socks off with a package of early-round draft picks and a viable starting quarterback. Fitzgerald's contract is up after next season. He's made it clear that he doesn't want to stick around if the Cardinals aren't going to be a serious contender.
Dalton in the 3rd would be sweet, but I don't see him dropping that far. But who knows.
Share 49ersWebzone