LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 254 users in the forums

Virginia Tech Qb Tyrod Taylor

• Paul
  • Veteran
Quote:
"As a quarterback and only a quarterback, right now he's clearly a Day 3 pick. But as long as a team knows he is willing to commit to contributing in other areas ... should quarterback not work out, I could see Taylor coming off the board as early as Round 3." - Todd McShay

Just been browsing the QBs available in the upcoming draft, if we are able to swing for a veteran QB could this guy be a possible pick? Some will think Rasheed Marshall sure but it's just a possible thought, he had a pretty solid season last year
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Too short and a run first Qb. Pat White II.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Jan 26, 2011 at 3:37 AM ]
Originally posted by mayo49:

Not really a run first QB. A scrambler yes but not a run first QB.

I've seen Tyrod play a few times. Most of the time he looks pretty damn good and makes all of the throws and then other times he just looks average. With that said I don't see him starting in the NFL.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by miked1978:
Originally posted by mayo49:

Not really a run first QB. A scrambler yes but not a run first QB.

I've seen Tyrod play a few times. Most of the time he looks pretty damn good and makes all of the throws and then other times he just looks average. With that said I don't see him starting in the NFL.

Maybe a slot reciever or wildcat.
Didn't look fantastic in the East-West Shrine Game IMO
Member Milestone: This is post number 1,500 for LifelongNiner.
He's worth signing as a free agent, but I wouldn't spend a draft pick on him. Too many other needs than to spend two draft picks on QBs. I like Taylor, but he isn't the guy to hand the franchise over to. Probably not even in a season or 2. However, I've always liked the athletic QB, in the mold of Steve Young or Michael Vick of this season, that can beat you both ways. With the proper coaching, players with those types of talents become extra dangerous.
i live in VA so i've seen him play alot. he's not really a scrambler, he can but he keeps his eyes down field most of the time and makes some good plays. i like him and wouldn't mind if we drafted him in 6th or 7th. i think he has a lot of potential.
I cant stand him or Todd McShay (He and Kiper are both tools). Tyrod Taylor folds against competitive teams. It would not surprise me if we see him undrafted.
Share 49ersWebzone