LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 256 users in the forums

WR Hankerson Miami Hurricanes

IMO at the senior bowl Hankerson helped Ponders stock the most by making him look good making great adjustments on bad throws.
We need passrush. We need CB help. We need to fill QB hole. After that we take Hankerson.

Originally posted by PTulini:

I know we have other needs in the second round but I want this guy to be a Niner soooo bad. His hands are just stupid good. He's not a burner but runs excellent routes and catches everything.

Me may got at the bottom of the first depending on his combine showing...
Take it for what it's worth...

MaioccoCSN: Miami WR Leonard Hankerson spoke to the 49ers here at the NFL scouting combine. (And, I'm sure he has or will speak w/ 31 other teams, too.)
i havent seen much of this guy can someone give me a fast scouting report
TAKE THIS GUY AT 45!!!!
my thoughts on Hankerson,

Big physical WR. Very productive and has good speed. And great size. But he does lack some explosion.
Inconsistent hands are his issue to overcome. Looked great during Senior Bowl week and the game. Probably a mid-second rounder.

• 9moon
  • Veteran
Hankerson = Willie Gault all over again...

we already have one like him in Ted Ginn Jr..
Originally posted by 9moon:

LOL!!! both completely different wrs, ginn is all speed and not that great of a route runner and hankerson more of a possesion good hands wr who runs good routes and would be great for the wco
either him or greg little
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by 9moon:

LOL!!! both completely different wrs, ginn is all speed and not that great of a route runner and hankerson more of a possesion good hands wr who runs good routes and would be great for the wco

He isnt exactly slow and hes a burner in comparison to Crabtree IMHO. My only problem with the idea of Hankerson is that he shares a similar body type to Crabtree and Morgan.

Ive been keeping an eye on this guy ever since the combine and I personally think hed be a Steal in the 2nd round.
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by NTeply49:
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
AJ Green in the 1st, Hankerson in the 2nd :)

You also have Julio Jones and the other reciever from Oklahoma ST, whom Im affraid might take up the hobby of fishing someday and follow in the footsteps of the great Rashaun Woods.

So all Oklahoma State receivers are branded for life? Does this logic work in reverse too? Where all Oklahoma State RBs will be the next Barry Sanders or Thurman Thomas?

I love Kendall Hunter, and think he is the best back in the draft. But, you make your point well. At some point, a OSU WR will be a star, and erase the past.

Dez Bryant looked pretty damn good last season.

Look at him this offseason!!!! ROFL
Share 49ersWebzone