LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 239 users in the forums

So what do the Bengals do now?

i dont know, but i dont think the bengals had plans to draft a qb with in the first couple rounds of the draft but now the situation has changed some. most mocks seems to think green was the most logical choice, i dont see that happening with the teams no1 qb threatening to retire if he doesnt get traded. you know for damn sure the niners arent giving up the 7 for him. how does the bengals drama change the draft?
I don't think it changes there pick b/c he's not retiring and they aren't trading him.
If Patrick Peterson is still on the board AND the CBA is in effect...

They trade #4 and Carson Palmer for our #7 and Michael Crabtree so they get a top QB prospect and save a couple million based on our draft slot.
Possibly Dalton in the 2nd, if they pass on Gabbert and Mallet.
  • JDog
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CrunchE:

They trade #4 and Carson Palmer for our #7 and Michael Crabtree so they get a top QB prospect and save a couple million based on our draft slot.

No thnks

No thanks, I wouldn't be too keen of the idea about going into the season with Josh Morgan as our #1

Change Patrick Peterson to AJ Green and I'm on board.

Im cool, no deal

NO
Dareus

Horrible move. I understand Crabtree hasn't lived up to his billing, but it's only year 2, and that would leave us with NO ONE at receiver. I partially put the blame for this on Singletary. On Crabtree's end, he has shown that he has a poor work ethic and is not willing to put in the time to make himself a better receiver. Perhaps he thinks that he can just suit up and play and everything will happen for him. Hopefully this season showed him he isn't at Texas Tech anymore. Singletary however could have done more to make him earn his time and starting position instead of just handing it to him. We'll see how he performs under a new coaching staff and with the reality check of year 2 under his belt.

Also, we cannot pass up on Robert Quinn. Elite pass rushing prospects > elite CB prospects, everyday.
  • Paul
  • Veteran
I actually think they would start Jordan Palmer and sign a veteran to push him (on a side note he looks like Carson's clone, scary)
[ Edited by Paul on Jan 26, 2011 at 2:00 PM ]
The Bengals will probably sit down with Carson and tell him the franchise is headed in another direction and will get better soon trying to convince him to stay. They will probably tell him they will let Tocho bs go and draft AJ Green and some OL for him in the draft.

The only way I see Palmer getting traded is if he takes it to the media even stronger and for a prolonged period. The Bengals want this to disappear and would ultimately like for him to rededicate himself to the organization. This may be a test of wills who knows.

I think it would be pretty funny if it dragged out and he just retired and said FU to them.
I hope they draft Cam Newton and he turns out to be another Akili Smith
i think they will eat a dick, and they will like it.
Share 49ersWebzone