There are 53 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

MadDog's Senior Bowl Predictions 2011

• buhda
  • Veteran
Finally going to see how Jerrel Jernigan WR. from Troy do against better competition...
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Yikes!!!The DB's are not very goodRough year for the DB Senior Bowl class. Not many top athletes. The top CB's emerging from this should be Curtis Brown of Texas and Jalil Brown of Colorado. The better competition should be at safety between Ahmad Black of Florida, DeAndre McDaniel of Clemson, and Quinton Carter of Oklahoma. I'll give the edge to Carter.

I think Utah St. CB Curtis Marsh will open up some eyes this week. He's a converted RB with length, speed and natural ball skills who ended up in the top 11 in the nation in both passes defended and passes broken up. Worse case, his size (6'1", 195) and speed (low 4.40s) puts him on the radar as a FS conversion type.
  • Ether
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SWAGG-ER:
My Sr. Bowl Predictions

North

- Nebraska TE Lance Kendricks will help vault himself into the 1st round. Excellent route running, body control, and an underrated blocker.

lolwut. Husker fans wished they had a guy who actually knew how to catch a ball and block like Kendricks.
Originally posted by buhda:
Finally going to see how Jerrel Jernigan WR. from Troy do against better competition...

Hopefully, he is fully healthy. His injury looked catastrophic to me in the bowl game, but it wasn't as bad as expected.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Yikes!!!The DB's are not very goodRough year for the DB Senior Bowl class. Not many top athletes. The top CB's emerging from this should be Curtis Brown of Texas and Jalil Brown of Colorado. The better competition should be at safety between Ahmad Black of Florida, DeAndre McDaniel of Clemson, and Quinton Carter of Oklahoma. I'll give the edge to Carter.

I think Utah St. CB Curtis Marsh will open up some eyes this week. He's a converted RB with length, speed and natural ball skills who ended up in the top 11 in the nation in both passes defended and passes broken up. Worse case, his size (6'1", 195) and speed (low 4.40s) puts him on the radar as a FS conversion type.

Marsh could really surprise this week. It is really anyone's game at CB, which will make it fun to watch.
Originally posted by Ether:
My Sr. Bowl Predictions

North

- Nebraska TE Lance Kendricks will help vault himself into the 1st round. Excellent route running, body control, and an underrated blocker.

lolwut. Husker fans wished they had a guy who actually knew how to catch a ball and block like Kendricks.

I love Kendricks, and he should shine this week. Good luck, backers! His biggest issue will be weight, listing at 241 pounds. He really need to stack on some more weight and work on blocking. He's very one-dimensional right now, although that dimension is good.
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Jan 24, 2011 at 8:05 AM ]
Originally posted by jreff22:
Any thoughts on Moffitt?

What a great college player. Adds versatility as he is experienced at center. Great size, but may be beaten badly by some of the quicker DE's/DT's in this week's practice. Going against Paea, Ballard and Jordan is not going to be fun.

Great guy to root for this week.
Originally posted by strickac:
At WR, I think Hankerson and the Boise duo will shine.

At CB, I think Burton will stand out. I'll be cheering for my fellow Colorado Buffs though.

I want to see Allen Bailey in the drills. I think he'll give guys problems.

I have mixed thoughts on your group, but that is why they strap it on. Titus Young has to gain some weight, or run like the wind. At 175 pounds, he is going to be bullied at the LOS. Bailey has so much potential, but is not the hardest worker. He better come mentally ready.

Burton may be the best of the group you listed, and Hankerson should not have much competition for best of the South, but this WR group is soooooooo bad, it will be painful to watch.
Originally posted by buhda:

I think Jernigan is out for this week.
My Sr. Bowl Predictions

North

- Tech CB Rashad Carmichael steals the show in the secondary.

I really like that guy. I think he could be a great corner in the NFL
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
My Sr. Bowl Predictions

North

- Tech CB Rashad Carmichael steals the show in the secondary.

L

I really like that guy and think he could be a great corner in the NFL.
Man, the talent at the QB and 3-4 OLB positions are awesome. Can't wait to see how Locker, Dalton, and Stanzi does as well as Von Miller, Kerrigan, and Reed.
Originally posted by strickac:
I left out Ahmad Black. I think he'll make some money too. He's my favorite safety coming out.
For a second I forgot that you wrote this OP and not myself. I may not have been as bold to proclaim Locker would be the best, but would think he has a great chance to prove himself with a better cast there.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
For a second I forgot that you wrote this OP and not myself. I may not have been as bold to proclaim Locker would be the best, but would think he has a great chance to prove himself with a better cast there.

I've got to get myself on that field at some point, whether it be holding a towel, water bottle, bag of balls. Just good clean fun.

I thought Beal had a rough day. Did little to nothing in pass rush drills today. We'll see if he can rebound, but I just think he is an overrated prospect.