LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 253 users in the forums

Jeff Maehl (WR) Oregon

What do you guys recommend or think? If, we were to pick him up on this years draft. I mean, DAMN !!!, after watching the NFC Championship Game between The Green Bay Packers & The Chicago Bears. Just simply watching Jordy Nelson just making those crucial 3rd down catches & making big plays for Green Bay, especially during both regular season & playoffs. I just couldn't help myself, but think "What if we picked up this kid from Oregon Jeff Maehl (WR) 6'1" 180lbs.?" He could be our very own Jordy Nelson, a wideout that we would most definitely need, especially if we run the West Coast Offense here in San Francisco...
Originally posted by Quitugua:
What do you guys recommend or think? If, we were to pick him up on this years draft. I mean, DAMN !!!, after watching the NFC Championship Game between The Green Bay Packers & The Chicago Bears. Just simply watching Jordy Nelson just making those crucial 3rd down catches & making big plays for Green Bay, especially during both regular season & playoffs. I just couldn't help myself, but think "What if we picked up this kid from Oregon Jeff Maehl (WR) 6'1" 180lbs.?" He could be our very own Jordy Nelson, a wideout that we would most definitely need, especially if we run the West Coast Offense here in San Francisco...

I like Maehl anyway, so I'm down for drafting him in the late rounds
Reminds me of Wes Welker. I was impressed with him in the National Championship game. If he's around late round and is BPA, I'm all for it!
I would be thrilled to have Maehl with our 6th round pick. We need a dude like this in a big way. (YES, I will say it... a white WR that can play!)
i would be all for this!
Pride of Paradise!
I am ALL FOR drafting this kid in the later rounds. I didn't get to see too much of him since I'm an SEC guy but AFTER Auburn won the championship , I watched the game again JUST SO I can watch Maehl and admire his talents.

During the game, I was getting pissed .
He reminds me of Zeigler
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
I was impressed with him in the National Championship game. If he's around late round and is BPA, I'm all for it!
[ Edited by fanmusclecars on Jan 23, 2011 at 4:38 PM ]
Nelson is a much better athlete than Maehl, with a different build. He also is a lot more explosive.

Nelson listed at 6'3", 217 at the combine and ran a 4.49. Maehl is 6'0", 181. And, if Maehl is not going to run a 4.49. I expect a 4.59 or higher.

You got Maehl?
  • sfout
  • Veteran
We covered it in another Maehl thread that the only way we draft him or basically any other WR this year is if we cut/trade Ziegler or Morgan. There are a ton of better WRs to be had in the late rounds, we need a deep threat/physical threat and I doubt Maehl would fill that need as well a guy like Armon Binns, Greg Salas, Leornard Hankerson, or DeAndre Brown.
Originally posted by sfout:
We covered it in another Maehl thread that the only way we draft him or basically any other WR this year is if we cut/trade Ziegler or Morgan. There are a ton of better WRs to be had in the late rounds, we need a deep threat/physical threat and I doubt Maehl would fill that need as well a guy like Armon Binns, Greg Salas, Leornard Hankerson, or DeAndre Brown.

Hankerson and Brown both likely won't last till the 5th round.
Originally posted by Quitugua:

Because they're both white?

We already have a white wr, his name is Kevin Jurovich (6'0 190...more similar to Maehl than Nelson).

But hey, you just keep up that white hope thing you got going on for yourself.
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Reminds me of Wes Welker. I was impressed with him in the National Championship game. If he's around late round and is BPA, I'm all for it!

lol trust me, he is no Wes Welker...

He is not as fast as Welker, not as shifty, and no where near as good of hands.

Sure they are ages apart, but Maehl will never be a slot type of receiver.

He is a good route runner and an excellent down field blocker. He doesn't have the break away speed and drops a lot of balls. I love Maehl but I don't see him being good in the NFL.

But hey I hope he proves me wrong, he was SUPER clutch for Oregon
Share 49ersWebzone