Alex Smith
Brian Westbrook
Goldson
Haralson
Lawson
Norris
Spikes
Wragge

FA- OLB Kamerion Wimbley, CB Jonathon Joseph, QB Donovan McNabb, OG Carl Nicks (SF Native)

Draft
1st- CB Prince Amukamara- Starts across from Joseph. Spencer is moved to nickel back. Will be our shutdown corner.

2nd- OLB Jeremy Beal- Along with Wimbley, Beal will revamp our pass rush. This will help our secondary of Joseph, Prince, Spencer, Nate(SS), and Mays/Smith(FS), a lot.

3rd- QB Ricky Stanzi- I know that Stanzi has his flaws, but the kid has great footwork, good accuracy and is clutch. Harbaugh will develop him into our QB of the future while McNabb starts for a year or two.

4th- WR Austin Pettis- I think that Ginn won't see the field much next year on offense. Morgan is decent, but Pettis could eventually become a great #2 for us. I think the WR depth will go like this: Crabtree-Morgan-Pettis-Williams

4th-FB Stanley Havili- Harbaugh finally gets the 49ers and his WCO a fullback.

5th- LB Casey Matthews- Will be a solid depth backer for our defense. At this moment in time, he isn't much of a pass rusher, but neither was his brother coming out of college.

6th- DT Terrell McClain. Backup behind Franklin for a couple of years. Allows RJF to move to DE if necessary

6th- RB Derrick Locke. Speedy RB for our WCO.
7th-BPA
7th-BPA
[ Edited by niner4life21 on Jan 23, 2011 at 1:01 PM ]
Very optimistic FA, but overall, I like. I'd rather a more speedy option at WR over Pettis... but that's pretty minor.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Love it, but I think Casey Matthews will go higher, hes just too much of a playmaker to go that low. I also love the McClain pick too, I really hope we address the NT position, regardless if Franklin is re-signed or not.
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Very optimistic FA, but overall, I like. I'd rather a more speedy option at WR over Pettis... but that's pretty minor.

Thanks. I was torn between Pettis and Titus Young at WR.

I decided to go with Pettis b/c I think that Kyle Williams will have a chance this year to show us his speed and quickness at the WR position. Or at least I hope thats what happens.

And as for the FA, yeah I know. lol. IMO, the two expensive signings for us will be Nicks and Joseph. McNabb will come for decent money since his demand won't be as high after a bad/mediocre season in WASH.

Wimbley will probably come for decent money. Plus, we have 36 million in FA this year.
nice, i hope it comes true
only way id be fine with mcnabb is if we drafted a qb that he would mentor and only be around for 1-2 years. i for one am not interested in mcnabb at all
That would be a major upgrade to our secondary if we were able to sign Jonathan Joseph and draft Prince!
Originally posted by TalkinBoutWILLIS:
only way id be fine with mcnabb is if we drafted a qb that he would mentor and only be around for 1-2 years. i for one am not interested in mcnabb at all

I did say we drafted Stanzi. McNabb, however over the hill he may be, has still had a great career. He along with Harbaugh, mostly Harbaugh though, will mentor Stanzi into being our next great QB.
Very similar to my mock, so I like it
Wouldn't Clements be a FS if he transitioned? Oh and I like