There are 53 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

(twitter) nfldraftscout on dalton

Saw a tweet that had some high praise of Dalton I replied with questions on arm strength accuracy they replied good arm off the charts accuracy mobile has it factor asked if good fit in San Fran reply 1000% yes
Originally posted by figjam49:
Saw a tweet that had some high praise of Dalton I replied with questions on arm strength accuracy they replied good arm off the charts accuracy mobile has it factor asked if good fit in San Fran reply 1000% yes

Also have read somewhere that he has high footballIQ. Hope he lasts til #45.
If Harbaugh feels Dalton is the qb of the future, and will be gone at 45, they should trade #7 (sweet spot of the draft) and trade down to #16 or so plus a second, then trade #16 for a pick in the 24 or 25's plus one more second. Draft Dalton higher than his value, but you get your qb at 25 (kinda like Tebow last year). Then they have 3 second round picks to pick CB, OLB and DE.
Dalton is a gamer. I have wondered if his game translates to the NFL. I hope so cause I like the kid no matter where he ends up.
Originally posted by 9erred:
If Harbaugh feels Dalton is the qb of the future, and will be gone at 45, they should trade #7 (sweet spot of the draft) and trade down to #16 or so plus a second, then trade #16 for a pick in the 24 or 25's plus one more second. Draft Dalton higher than his value, but you get your qb at 25 (kinda like Tebow last year). Then they have 3 second round picks to pick CB, OLB and DE.

draft scout is pretty accurate with draft projections....

OVR Pos. Rank Player Pos. School Ht. Wt. Proj. Rd.
136 8 Andy Dalton QB TCU 6-2 220 4
[/center]
Dalton really is a good QB. The only knock I see with him is that he played in a spread offense which will take some time for him to work and develop in a pro style offense. Taking the ball from center, drop backs etc.
I would love to get him and allow him to develop. But Harbaugh is the man with QBs so I fully trust him on what he decides to do.
He should be there at #45. If he's not then it's not meant to be.

These are pretty much the only teams who may consider QB there

cinci
cleveland
arizona
tennessee
washington
vikings

Cinci will probably keep Palmer so I don't know if a guy like Dalton makes sense for them. I think they have other needs they'll want to address.

Cleveland they still have McCoy so they may not want to go with QB so high either.

Arizona may go QB in 1 or 2 but if they don't draft one of the top qbs in the first I don't see them taking a guy like Dalton with 2 young qbs on their roster already.

Tennessee, Washington and Minnesota may all look at him but I'd take the chance and wait for him.
Also asked who his game resembles answer breed Bradford

Who is Breed Bradford? Did you mean Brees and Bradford?

i like the idea. But I would hate to give up 7 and have another team beat us to him.
Yes meant brees. And Bradford
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

+1

Figjam -- good stuff. Thanks for following up. Nice to have first hand info from a very reliable source. Welcome to the board

Then why the hell does he have Dalton as his 10th qb prospect?