LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 209 users in the forums

Panthers on the Clock...

Panthers on the Clock...

nm
[ Edited by 49erFaithful6 on Feb 7, 2011 at 2:35 AM ]
I think they pick Fairley but if it were me I'd take Bowers or AJ Green.

Fairley is boom or bust at its finest with one year of productivity. although it was spectacular. Still dont think you take a DT 1st overall.
Originally posted by Sjceruti:
I think they pick Fairley but if it were me I'd take Bowers or AJ Green.

Fairley is boom or bust at its finest with one year of productivity. although it was spectacular. Still dont think you take a DT 1st overall.

They could end up taking a QB if someone really stands out the rest of the way. Green might be the safest pick. Fairley, Bowers both only had 1 great year. AJ Green had nice production for 3 years. Dareus might be safer then those two as well but don't know if you can justify the pick. They went from on top of the world to rock bottom after Luck decided to stay.

Still, don't think they are as bad as their record suggested. Get a vet QB, add Green to go with Smith, Williams and Stewart... resign Marshall. They have some talent.
I know what the Panthers and their fans are going through. They're probably going to pick a QB such as Gabbert out of desperation for a franchise QB, and then he'll fail as someone else they could have taken becomes a franchise QB for another team and they'll be set back 5 years.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Shocks the world and selects Cam Newton.
I'm just glad its going to be up in the air this time. Seems like there has either been a clear cut #1 pick or the other team came out and said who they were going to draft.
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
I know what the Panthers and their fans are going through. They're probably going to pick a QB such as Gabbert out of desperation for a franchise QB, and then he'll fail as someone else they could have taken becomes a franchise QB for another team and they'll be set back 5 years.

Don't forget that Ron Rivera is now the HC of Carolina, which means he will probably push for the best defensive player.
Carolina needs to rebuild. They start with BPA Fairley.
The Carolina Panthers have narrowed their choices for the No. 1 overall pick in Thursday's draft to quarterback Cam Newton, defensive tackle Marcell Dareus, cornerback Patrick Peterson and wide receiver A.J. Green, team sources told ESPN's Sal Paolantonio on Wednesday.....

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft2011/news/story?id=6438623
Originally posted by zillabeast:
The Carolina Panthers have narrowed their choices for the No. 1 overall pick in Thursday's draft to quarterback Cam Newton, defensive tackle Marcell Dareus, cornerback Patrick Peterson and wide receiver A.J. Green, team sources told ESPN's Sal Paolantonio on Wednesday.....
where did they narrow anything?

[ Edited by communist on Apr 28, 2011 at 11:35:32 ]

Originally posted by communist:
Originally posted by zillabeast:
where did they narrow anything?

It's all speculation
Share 49ersWebzone