LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 301 users in the forums

QB prediction thread

Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by stever:
I think with Harbaugh, we could really be in a comfort zone. He knows how to scout quarterbacks, so i don't think they will spend a first rounder on a qb. I think Harbaugh will pick one of the following guys :

Ponder
Dalton
McElroy
Tolzien

I like Tolzien, who is as accurate as it gets and should really be able to move the ball in a wco

Don't forget Devlin.

Both Toizen and Devlin are looking pretty mediocre thus far in the East West Shrine game
Originally posted by fakers23:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
One guy who is being overlooked (for obvious reasons) is Mitch Mustain. He was one of the top QBs coming out of high school, but like Matt Cassel, wasn't good enough to beat out the guys ahead of him (in Mustain's case, it was Senior JD Booty, Mark Sanchez and Matt Barkley). He throws a nice ball, is extremely mobile and very intelligent....all qualities needed in a WCO QB.

Our WR coach John Morton would have a lot of insight into this kid; he might be a nice development pick up in the 6th or 7th.

Mustain is not Cassel part 2. I'm a USC fan. The dude sucks. I was praying Barkley wouldn't get injuried every game for a reason. lol

I'll trust your evaluation since I'm not a big USC guy. I remember him as a true freshman at Arkansas and thinking he had a bright future ahead of him before the transfer.
One guy who is being overlooked (for obvious reasons) is Mitch Mustain. He was one of the top QBs coming out of high school, but like Matt Cassel, wasn't good enough to beat out the guys ahead of him (in Mustain's case, it was Senior JD Booty, Mark Sanchez and Matt Barkley). He throws a nice ball, is extremely mobile and very intelligent....all qualities needed in a WCO QB.

Our WR coach John Morton would have a lot of insight into this kid; he might be a nice development pick up in the 6th or 7th.

Mustain is not Cassel part 2. I'm a USC fan. The dude sucks. I was praying Barkley wouldn't get injuried every game for a reason. lol

I'll trust your evaluation since I'm not a big USC guy. I remember him as a true freshman at Arkansas and thinking he had a bright future ahead of him before the transfer.

That is sooo true. There were mucho coaches trying desperately to get him to wear their uniform on Saturday.
49ers - Josh Johnson,Dalton,and David Carr(He's under contract)

If this labor agreement is worked out soon enough, Carr is cut.
Originally posted by jreff22:
talks of vince young to minny have started

that's not a bad idea. he's just got to stay healthy and be more mature.
Originally posted by stever:
I think with Harbaugh, we could really be in a comfort zone. He knows how to scout quarterbacks, so i don't think they will spend a first rounder on a qb. I think Harbaugh will pick one of the following guys :

Ponder
Dalton
McElroy
Tolzien

I like Tolzien, who is as accurate as it gets and should really be able to move the ball in a wco

I'm not a big fan of this QB draft class overall, but there are a few QBs I'm interested in. I would draft any one of those QBs. I'm not so concerned about arm strength, what I want to see is accuracy, football intelligence, pocket presence, and at least a decent level of mobility. IN HARBAUGH I TRUST!
Share 49ersWebzone