There are 93 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

QB prediction thread

I'd hate for the niners to trade up to get Locker. I think there are better QBs out there later in the draft.

I like Dalton at TCU but I really like McEllroy at Alabama.

McEllroy led the nation in passing accuracy, he's got the intelligence and the arm, footwork and scans the field. Much like Dalton he's a competitor too and I think that's important in the NFL / WCO and to play for Harbaugh.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by British9er:
I'd hate for the niners to trade up to get Locker. I think there are better QBs out there later in the draft.

McEllroy led the nation in passing accuracy, he's got the intelligence and the arm, footwork and scans the field. Much like Dalton he's a competitor too and I think that's important in the NFL / WCO and to play for Harbaugh.

Isn't McElroy kind of short, though?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:

Isn't McElroy kind of short, though?

Never mind. I didn't realize McElroy was 6'3".
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

Couldl be a sleeper pick in the 3rd/4th round.
I think with Harbaugh, we could really be in a comfort zone. He knows how to scout quarterbacks, so i don't think they will spend a first rounder on a qb. I think Harbaugh will pick one of the following guys :

Ponder
Dalton
McElroy
Tolzien

I like Tolzien, who is as accurate as it gets and should really be able to move the ball in a wco
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by stever:
I think with Harbaugh, we could really be in a comfort zone. He knows how to scout quarterbacks, so i don't think they will spend a first rounder on a qb. I think Harbaugh will pick one of the following guys :

Ponder
Dalton
McElroy
Tolzien

I like Tolzien, who is as accurate as it gets and should really be able to move the ball in a wco

Don't forget Devlin.
Originally posted by fakers23:
49ers - Josh Johnson,Dalton,and David Carr(He's under contract)[/quote

You got it exactly. Josh Johnson and draft Andy Dalton, we will be set!!!
Originally posted by Goldrushknight:
49ers - Josh Johnson,Dalton,and David Carr(He's under contract)[/quote

You got it exactly. Josh Johnson and draft Andy Dalton, we will be set!!!

Thanks.. I think Josh Johnson could be had for a 5th or 6 rounder. Dalton will be there in the 3nd unless thier no CBA which could force him higher in the draft and Carr because frankly were stuck with him.. lol
Originally posted by 80849er4life:
The way people are talking it looks like Alex Smith is going to be our QB and Locker getting the #2 spot.

Yep another losing season..

Sounds like it dont it. But none the less excited for next year.
One guy who is being overlooked (for obvious reasons) is Mitch Mustain. He was one of the top QBs coming out of high school, but like Matt Cassel, wasn't good enough to beat out the guys ahead of him (in Mustain's case, it was Senior JD Booty, Mark Sanchez and Matt Barkley). He throws a nice ball, is extremely mobile and very intelligent....all qualities needed in a WCO QB.

Our WR coach John Morton would have a lot of insight into this kid; he might be a nice development pick up in the 6th or 7th.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
One guy who is being overlooked (for obvious reasons) is Mitch Mustain. He was one of the top QBs coming out of high school, but like Matt Cassel, wasn't good enough to beat out the guys ahead of him (in Mustain's case, it was Senior JD Booty, Mark Sanchez and Matt Barkley). He throws a nice ball, is extremely mobile and very intelligent....all qualities needed in a WCO QB.

Our WR coach John Morton would have a lot of insight into this kid; he might be a nice development pick up in the 6th or 7th.

Mustain has UDFA written all over him...
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

Mustain is not Cassel part 2. I'm a USC fan. The dude sucks. I was praying Barkley wouldn't get injuried every game for a reason. lol
Originally posted by nw9erfan:
Originally posted by Goldrushknight:
I say Josh Johnson, without a doubt. Plus we get him much less cheap than Kolb. The thing is I think JJ has greater upside, plus he has already been sculpted by Jim Harbaugh.

At this point, I would prefer Johnson too. Close second would be Flynn of GB...

I'd rather have Harrell of GB
l liked foles as a late round pick ...up until that bowl game. now i more on the side
Originally posted by stever:

Ponder
Dalton
McElroy
Tolzien

A quote from Harbaugh.

Asked whether the team needed an elite quarterback, Harbaugh was taken aback.

"Do we need a top-flight quarterback. Do human beings need air to breathe?" he said, chuckling.

Speaking to the beat writers for the first time

Hes going to draft Newton. Going with the most elite QB in the draft who didnt choke vs Oregon