There are 203 users in the forums

Queretano's 3.0 Mock Draft

Last before the senior bowl, where IMO at least 10 players will improve his stock a lot, also with a trade just for the fun of it, also SD couls land a playmaker there.

We're still filling needs

1 7 Trade to San Diego for SD's 18 and 57 (from SEA)
Just for fun
1 18 Brandon Harris CB MIA
Solid player, from a prestigious program in developing DBs
2 13 Justin Houston DE/OLB Georgia
Houston has good size at 6'3'' and 258 pounds, and produces still a lot of upside
2 25 Pernell Mc Phee DE MSU
Still new in the nuances of football, has only played one year of high school football, All American JUCO player, has the potential, size and IMO hungry to contribute and become a force in the D line
3 12 Ben Ijalana OG Villanova
Rachal hasn’t lived his potential, small school gem, good size, long arms.
4 11 Brooks Reed DE/OLB Arizona
A poor's man C. Mathews (even in the hair) this guy produces also being from the PAC-10 Harbaugh knows him well
4 18 Greg McElroy QB Alabama
I like him a lot, has accuracy and is a leader of a big program, also academically 1st team, lack of talent in this class makes take him worth the pick, maybe a career backup or maybe not
5 10 Chykie Brown CB Texas
The injury could make him slide to us at 5th, solid program, good resume and value pick
6 9 Casey Mathews ILB Oregon
The little bro with an equal biggger than his chest heart
6 28 Ryan Whalen WR Stanford
Two years leading receiver of his team, doesn’t have the senior season expected to make noice on draft day, runs good routes, reminds me a little of Cincy’s Jordan Shipley.
7 7 Vai Taua RB Nevada
Good numbers in college, will play this weekend
7 8 Ryan Jones CB NW Misouri St
Small school CB, there’s not reach at 7th; has the size, speed and is dominant at his level
[ Edited by queretano on Jan 20, 2011 at 12:28 PM ]
Brandon Harris = Beast Mode.
I think casey matthews is going to go before the 6th round.

but besides that, decent mock.
Originally posted by TMays_isaBEAST23:
I think casey matthews is going to go before the 6th round.

but besides that, decent mock.

Is kind of an overachiever, but the bloodlines could make him get drafted early, maybe at top as 4th, but IMO could be there
Originally posted by Sjceruti:

Not really. Michael Floyd absolutely destroyed him in the bowl game.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

One game dude. Same thing happened to Revis on occasion at Pitt. Depends on the scheme. Plus the college game is far different. Pass happy spread offenses inflate stats. Also, Notre Dame moved Floyd away from him alot.
i hate going by draft chart value but it is a good measure to atleast go by. with that being said 18 and 57 would still need something else to make equal. like the trade and the draft. would rather go von miller and brandon burton 1 2
Originally posted by TalkinBoutWILLIS:
i hate going by draft chart value but it is a good measure to atleast go by. with that being said 18 and 57 would still need something else to make equal. like the trade and the draft. would rather go von miller and brandon burton 1 2

I think Miller lacks weight to maje the transition to pros, imo his best value should be as a 4-3 OLB, he needs to beef 20 lbs to rush the passer, he's a heck of a player but tiny
I think you have Harris and Houston in different spots. I think Houston should go first and Harris may slide to the second.
Not sure you can trade picks not originally your own, though I may be mistaken.

Originally posted by genus49:
I think you have Harris and Houston in different spots. I think Houston should go first and Harris may slide to the second.

Harris is a mid first round prospect, after the combine probably Houston will rise his value but right now is a early second IMO
Originally posted by WINiner:
Not sure you can trade picks not originally your own, though I may be mistaken.

The only picks that cant be traded are the complementary ones, by example our 2nd 7th rd pick was originally from Sea traded to Det
Not bad
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

One game dude. Same thing happened to Revis on occasion at Pitt. Depends on the scheme. Plus the college game is far different. Pass happy spread offenses inflate stats. Also, Notre Dame moved Floyd away from him alot.

Truth, he should be the next in line of Miami DBs, he's going to be a starter since year 1 wherever he plays
Don't know some of these players but really really like the first 2 picks. I like some of the later ones as well. Can Brooks Reed or Ricky Elmore cover because if they run fast enough these two guys could shoot up the charts. That's a heck of a tandem.

Reed:
2010 7 sacks
2009 2 sacks
2008 8 sacks

Elmore:
2010 10 sacks
2009 11 sacks
2008 4 sacks

42 sacks between the 2 the past three years... some great production...
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Jan 21, 2011 at 7:37 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone