There are 274 users in the forums

Who do you not want us to draft?

Originally posted by footballxpaul:
Originally posted by skd420:
Any QB not named Cam Newton.
Any RB not named Noel Devine
Any WR not named Aj Green, Julio Jones, or Titus young
Any TE
Any overrated DE/OLB who didnt put up squat for numbers during the season but a bunch of numbers for scouts in t-shirts

Our draft this year should be about speed on the outside, we severely lack it. In the 1st round i would love Julio Jones or AJ Green or Cam Newton. Thats it. Any one of those three and we will be competing for a superbowl next year. Secondary should be our number 1 priority if we dont fix that pathetic offense first. PP from LSU is very good returning but im wondering if his ball skills are a bit overrated, very tough tho. Prince is a overrated as much as Joe Haden was last year. Average at best.
Devine would be an excellent kick and punt returner and change of pace back(not that we ever use them)

ya joe haden was sooo average, how many picks as a rookie did he get again

I'm suprised he has been as good as he has. When I went to the draft last year I couldn't believe how small he looked up close. With his hair cut he looked like Prince's (the singer) younger brother.

[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Jan 29, 2011 at 18:24:04 ]
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Any TE
Any overrated DE/OLB who didnt put up squat for numbers during the season but a bunch of numbers for scouts in t-shirts

Our draft this year should be about speed on the outside, we severely lack it. In the 1st round i would love Julio Jones or AJ Green or Cam Newton. Thats it. Any one of those three and we will be competing for a superbowl next year. Secondary should be our number 1 priority if we dont fix that pathetic offense first. PP from LSU is very good returning but im wondering if his ball skills are a bit overrated, very tough tho. Prince is a overrated as much as Joe Haden was last year. Average at best.
Devine would be an excellent kick and punt returner and change of pace back(not that we ever use them)

I'm suprised he has been as good as he has. When I went to the draft last year I couldn't believe how small he looked up close. With his hair cut he looked like Prince's (the singer) younger brother.

INTs arent then end all to making a good corner, DeAngelo Hall makes a lot of picks as well, he also gets burned for touchdows a lot.
Originally posted by TX9R:
Taylor Mays. Oh wait I said that last year and of course it happened.
Really if we go anywhere but CB or pass rusher I'll be pissed. That's where the top talent is at that point.

I felt the same way. Hopefully, he can prove us wrong, but I don't have a good feeling about it.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Really if we go anywhere but CB or pass rusher I'll be pissed. That's where the top talent is at that point.

I felt the same way. Hopefully, he can prove us wrong, but I don't have a good feeling about it.

Still I felt a lot better at 49 than at 17 and making him SS and not FS.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Any TE

INTs arent then end all to making a good corner, DeAngelo Hall makes a lot of picks as well, he also gets burned for touchdows a lot.
Then its a good thing Haden wasnt just all INT's, guy gave up all of 1 td all year. Absolute lockdown as a rookie.
Im going to go ahead and prepare for flaming but..... for me its VON MILLER. At 237 pounds and impressive in offseason workouts, the guy just screams Aaron Maybin 2.0 for me. Dominant at the college level but too small for the NFL. LT's will just swallow this guy. I know, Robert mathis of the Colts is only around 240 as well. But the odds are just not on this guy not busting, in my mind. We shall see.

Just thought Id go out on a limb and mention a guy who seems to get nothing but love.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MadDog49er:

I agree about Taylor Mays. I feared picking him in the first, and not that happy we took in the second.

I generally agree that we take a CB or OLB, but if Cam Newton falls to us I would be tempted to take him.

I am not, at this point saying that we should take Cam Newton, but if Harbaugh and company go with him, I will figure they know a bit more than me.
I'd say pretty much any of the projected 1st round QB's...I agree w/Harbaugh, the only QB truly worthy of 1st rd consideration is Luck. Coach may not have said it in so many words, but the fact he intends to get his starter via FA says it all.
I dont want us to pick a QB with the first. And if stocks are still good in the 2nd, no QB pick there either. 3rd I'll be happy with a QB pick.
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
Originally posted by rawdel:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Cam Newton

Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by 23zack80:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Blaine Gabbert - Not at #7

Cam Newton - Not at #7

Jake Locker - Not at all on the first day

Robert Quinn - Not at #7

What's wrong with Quinn?

After sitting out an entire year, I wouldn't be so quick to spend a #7 overall pick on him.

exactly Miller, and Kerigan > Quinn
Jake Locker
Gabert or Quinn.
Share 49ersWebzone