There are 147 users in the forums

matt49er mock offseason

Originally posted by DRUSTOPO:
I agree, Devlin is a little overrated right now by 9er nation. Not sure where all the love comes from, he's nowhere close to Flacco. Im a Penn State fan and remember him leaving for Delaware because he couldn't start in Happy Valley. The problem is that the other PSU QB's weren't that good either. He's not a franchise QB by any means.

THIS. It is nothing like the Cam Newton leaving Florida because of Tim Tebow or Ryan Mallet leaving Michigan because of Chad Henne. Devlin couldn't unseat Daryll Clark if I'm not mistaking.

Newton and Mallet left their respected programs and AT LEAST went to another team who plays some competition (toughest defensive conference in college football, the SEC). Delvin went to a Division 1-AA and played against little to ZERO competition
Couldnt agree more, and yes..it was Clark....sighhhhhhhh...

GO PENN STATE!!! lol
Originally posted by Sjceruti:
Originally posted by matt49er:
These mocks get more outrageous as we go on...

what's outrageous?

Davis Baas 4 year...wow.
Seattle doesn't take that trade.
Horrible trade for Denver.
1% chance Peterson falls to 7.

How do you know for a fact that Peterson doesn't fall to 7? Its a likely possibility. Everyone that is saying he won't be there is just talking out of their ass. None of you know. lol. I would think, especially with no CBA in place yet, you may actually see some QB's taken higher then they would have if there was free agency. Teams need to grab their QB's when they can. Could that mean Buffalo? Sure. Could that mean Arizona? Sure. And, on top of that, D-line is supposed to be top heavy in the draft this year. You may get your run on D-linemen and then sprinkle in a QB or two before you even get to pick 7. And, would Denver take a CB over D-line if Champ stays? So, for anyone to say with a certainty that Peterson won't be there at 7 is just talking sh*t.
Pretty solid. Just not sure about extending all these guys for the amount of years that you have. no way would I extend Gore or Franklin for 3 years.
Originally posted by daragon:

what's outrageous?

Davis Baas 4 year...wow.

How do you know for a fact that Peterson doesn't fall to 7? Its a likely possibility. Everyone that is saying he won't be there is just talking out of their ass. None of you know. lol. I would think, especially with no CBA in place yet, you may actually see some QB's taken higher then they would have if there was free agency. Teams need to grab their QB's when they can. Could that mean Buffalo? Sure. Could that mean Arizona? Sure. And, on top of that, D-line is supposed to be top heavy in the draft this year. You may get your run on D-linemen and then sprinkle in a QB or two before you even get to pick 7. And, would Denver take a CB over D-line if Champ stays? So, for anyone to say with a certainty that Peterson won't be there at 7 is just talking sh*t.

Listen bro.
1.) I said there's a 1% chance he falls to #7 which I will stand by because he's a superior prospect at a position many teams ahead of us need.
2.) Champ Bailey has repeatedly said he wants out of Denver so I do some research.
3.) Credible experts repeatedly have him going ahead of us.
4.) If you go by your argument saying none of us know than that mean you don't know he'll fall to 7 either.

I'm basing my criticism of this mock on the draft experts opinions which i trust more than yourself along with the recent history of our franchise which suggests we will not sign a bunch of big free agents. Also the Orton trade makes no sense for the Broncos as does the Seattle trade.

what's outrageous?

Davis Baas 4 year...wow.

Listen bro.
1.) I said there's a 1% chance he falls to #7 which I will stand by because he's a superior prospect at a position many teams ahead of us need.
2.) Champ Bailey has repeatedly said he wants out of Denver so I do some research.
4.) If you go by your argument saying none of us know than that mean you don't know he'll fall to 7 either.

I'm basing my criticism of this mock on the draft experts opinions which i trust more than yourself along with the recent history of our franchise which suggests we will not sign a bunch of big free agents. Also the Orton trade makes no sense for the Broncos as does the Seattle trade.

Well I guess we'll see what happens draft day then won't we. lol.
kc is not letting hali go and were gonna have to give him more than 4 yrs

what's outrageous?

Davis Baas 4 year...wow.

Listen bro.

Haha I guess so.
Nothing personal I just think many of the mock are extremely optimistic.
Sure I'd love to grab Tamba Hali, Harvey Dahl (although i'm pretty sure he hates our franchise) and other big namers but I just dont think its in the cards.

I would ask if Peterson wasnt there would you be a Prince supporter at the #7 spot?

I ask because if Peterson was gone and Prince and Quinn were there, I'd rather take Robert Quinn and get a corner later.
Couldnt agree more, and yes..it was Clark....sighhhhhhhh...

GO PENN STATE!!! lol

Drew is that you?
Originally posted by Sims84:
I agree, Devlin is a little overrated right now by 9er nation. Not sure where all the love comes from, he's nowhere close to Flacco. Im a Penn State fan and remember him leaving for Delaware because he couldn't start in Happy Valley. The problem is that the other PSU QB's weren't that good either. He's not a franchise QB by any means.

THIS. It is nothing like the Cam Newton leaving Florida because of Tim Tebow or Ryan Mallet leaving Michigan because of Chad Henne. Devlin couldn't unseat Daryll Clark if I'm not mistaking.

Newton and Mallet left their respected programs and AT LEAST went to another team who plays some competition (toughest defensive conference in college football, the SEC). Delvin went to a Division 1-AA and played against little to ZERO competition

mallet left michigan because of rich rodriguez spread system, with mallet's 2 left feet he couldnt fit that offense in which rodriguez prefers an athletic qb who can run

ninerlifer...yeah! Is that you HYD???

what's outrageous?

Davis Baas 4 year...wow.

Listen bro.

Haha I guess so.
Nothing personal I just think many of the mock are extremely optimistic.
Sure I'd love to grab Tamba Hali, Harvey Dahl (although i'm pretty sure he hates our franchise) and other big namers but I just dont think its in the cards.

I would ask if Peterson wasnt there would you be a Prince supporter at the #7 spot?

I ask because if Peterson was gone and Prince and Quinn were there, I'd rather take Robert Quinn and get a corner later.

I would rather have Quinn then Prince as well. So there we agree. I think Prince would have a hard time dealing with Fitz and Williams within our division. Prince, to me, isn't a lockdown corner at all. Peterson or pass rush at 7.

what's outrageous?

Davis Baas 4 year...wow.

And there's no way TB gives up Josh Johnson that easily. Besides, we would have no reason to trade for Orton if we sign Johnson or vice versa. If we get Orton, then we draft a QB to develop. If we get Johnson then we sign a veteran to back up Johnson. Johnson is ready to start IMO. I'd really like to see the 49ers acquire him.
i dont like any of the trades. and i dont think Peterson will fall to us, i think we can get Prince at 7 though
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by Sims84:

mallet left michigan because of rich rodriguez spread system, with mallet's 2 left feet he couldnt fit that offense in which rodriguez prefers an athletic qb who can run

That makes sense but he still left and went to a COMPETITVE conference and put up HUGE numbers. He didn't just take his talent and go to some scrub division. Devlin is HIGHLY overrated
Share 49ersWebzone