http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft2011/insider/news/story?id=6036153

Panthers-Bowers
Broncos-Fairley
Bills-Gabbert
Bengals-Green
Cards-Perterson
Browns-Quinn

SF--Dareus

New defensive coordinator Vic Fangio brings a 3-4 scheme with him, and Dareus proved his effectiveness in three-man fronts under Nick Saban at Alabama. Dareus is quick, strong and mobile and would further upgrade a defense that already ranks in the top 10 against the run.

I'm really OK with this one over Amukamara. We do need an upgrade at LDE and he would pair up nicely with Justin Smith!
Originally posted by ninertico:

Panthers-Bowers
Broncos-Fairley
Bills-Gabbert
Bengals-Green
Cards-Perterson
Browns-Quinn

SF--Dareus

New defensive coordinator Vic Fangio brings a 3-4 scheme with him, and Dareus proved his effectiveness in three-man fronts under Nick Saban at Alabama. Dareus is quick, strong and mobile and would further upgrade a defense that already ranks in the top 10 against the run.

I'm really OK with this one over Amukamara. We do need an upgrade at LDE and he would pair up nicely with Justin Smith!

why?

Soap is solid and then McDonald is beast? we need QB, CB, passrush
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Originally posted by ninertico:

Panthers-Bowers
Broncos-Fairley
Bills-Gabbert
Bengals-Green
Cards-Perterson
Browns-Quinn

SF--Dareus

why?

Soap is solid and then McDonald is beast? we need QB, CB, passrush

Yeah, we we're stout against the rush. We desperately need a pass rusher and a shut down corner. At seven it has to be a corner or a pass rushing OLB.
this responses are seriously undervaluing Dareus.

Dareus would be Soap and McD combined, there would be no need to sub in a guy for him under any situation unless he's gassed which is my only question, can he really go for as many plays as Justin does?

Dareus would be as much of a difference maker as Prince would be, if not more, and you can still get a good CB in the 2nd round whereas there won't be any stout 3-4 DE's like Dareus in the 2nd round IMO

I haven't even mentioned the VALUE here, Dareus IMO is a top5 lock that falls in this mock because McShay has to back up his man-crush for Gabbert by putting him at #3 (crazy IMHO).

I would love the pick, LOVE IT
Would not be be happy with this pick. As solid as Dareus might be, we need to take a chance on a difference-maker (QB, pass rusher, CB, etc.). If we had ZERO talent on our front line, I'd understand and would totally get the pick...or if the drop off in talent from Dareus to the next guy was so steep that it just didn't make sense, go ahead and get the DT. But (IMO), we desperately need an infusion of talent at QB, CB and pass rusher, and there will likely be some top talent sitting there at #7 to address those roles.
I'd take Dareus any day of the week, he is a monster!
Originally posted by vrabbit:

Dareus would be Soap and McD combined, there would be no need to sub in a guy for him under any situation unless he's gassed which is my only question, can he really go for as many plays as Justin does?

Dareus would be as much of a difference maker as Prince would be, if not more, and you can still get a good CB in the 2nd round whereas there won't be any stout 3-4 DE's like Dareus in the 2nd round IMO

I haven't even mentioned the VALUE here, Dareus IMO is a top5 lock that falls in this mock because McShay has to back up his man-crush for Gabbert by putting him at #3 (crazy IMHO).

I think he is a great player. It just appears we have needs that are more imperative than a LDE. And the player who fits that need, namely Amukamara, is an equivalent talent and prospect. Amukamara > Dareus for us.
Rather have Prince in this mock, but wouldn't hate the pick.

CB-DL-OLB....just fill these spots
Originally posted by YouGotGored:

I think he is a great player. It just appears we have needs that are more imperative than a LDE. And the player who fits that need, namely Amukamara, is an equivalent talent and prospect. Amukamara > Dareus for us.

I'd be happy with either or for sure
Originally posted by jreff22:

Yeah, this one is a real sister-kisser for me.

Good player, great value. Should help our team.

But not really an area of need, and there are player(s) as good or better who fit more critical needs.

Improving our run stopping would only make this team slightly better as we are already pretty strong in that department.

Pass rush or CB seems to be the way to go here.

I also like saying his name

But, if we can sign Nnamdi then Dareus would be epic.

I also like saying his name

But, if we can sign Nnamdi then Dareus would be epic.

indeed
Originally posted by TexasNiner:

But not really an area of need, and there are player(s) as good or better who fit more critical needs.

Improving our run stopping would only make this team slightly better as we are already pretty strong in that department.

The one thing that would make sense would be if Franklin walked, we would move ICE to NT. If that happened then the pick would make 100& sense on value and need.

The one thing that would make sense would be if Franklin walked, we would move ICE to NT. If that happened then the pick would make 100& sense on value and need.

I'm pretty sure we tried ICE at NT in the past and he got worked there, but he's solid as a DE in the 3-4.

I'm pretty sure we tried ICE at NT in the past and he got worked there, but he's solid as a DE in the 3-4.

If Franklin leaves then we may not have a choice, nobody knows how ready RJF is.
Share 49ersWebzone