There are 126 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Mel Kiper mock

Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Originally posted by TXNinerFan52:
he updated his mock again. ITs insider so i cant post the whole thing so ill just post the top 7

1. Panthers- Blaine Gabbert
2. Broncos- Nick Fairley
3. Bills-Marcell Dareus
4. Bengals-Cam Newton
5. Cards-Von Miller
6. Browns-A.J Green
7. 49ers-- Patrick Peterson
There were a lot of comments questioning why I could see my No. 1 overall Big Board player dropping this far on draft day. But consider the history: in 1987, I had Rod Woodson rated similarly, and he fell to No. 10 overall. In 1989, Deion Sanders was far and away the best athlete on the board -- he fell to No. 5. Champ Bailey was my best athlete and the top corner available in the 1999 draft, and he fell to No. 7. At this position, it simply happens, and San Fran should be happy if it does. Peterson is an immense talent. He checked in at 219 pounds and ran a 4.34 40-time in Indy. Enough said.

I hope Mel is right on this one.

I really doubt the Panthers take Gabbert, I can see them going Von Miller, Bowers, Fairey or Dareus

Von Miller wont go number 1

why not? the new HC is a defensive mindined wiz and all 3-4 need that stellar pass rusher

why not? the new HC is a defensive mindined wiz and all 3-4 need that stellar pass rusher
yeah but a d-minded coach could think that he has enough knowledge of this side of the ball to solve the problems with the given material...
and who said that the panthers will switch to 3-4? rivera spent a lot of time with the eagles and the bears who play in a 4-3, iirc.
[ Edited by communist on Mar 9, 2011 at 9:38 AM ]
he updated his mock again. ITs insider so i cant post the whole thing so ill just post the top 7

1. Panthers- Blaine Gabbert
2. Broncos- Nick Fairley
3. Bills-Marcell Dareus
4. Bengals-Cam Newton
5. Cards-Von Miller
6. Browns-A.J Green
7. 49ers-- Patrick Peterson
There were a lot of comments questioning why I could see my No. 1 overall Big Board player dropping this far on draft day. But consider the history: in 1987, I had Rod Woodson rated similarly, and he fell to No. 10 overall. In 1989, Deion Sanders was far and away the best athlete on the board -- he fell to No. 5. Champ Bailey was my best athlete and the top corner available in the 1999 draft, and he fell to No. 7. At this position, it simply happens, and San Fran should be happy if it does. Peterson is an immense talent. He checked in at 219 pounds and ran a 4.34 40-time in Indy. Enough said.

Thanks for posting the insider bro... this would be awesome if Gabbert and Super Newt went in the top 5.
I'd be happy with that
Originally posted by communist:

yeah but a d-minded coach could think that he has enough knowledge of this side of the ball to solve the problems with the given material...
and who said that the panthers will switch to 3-4? rivera spent a lot of time with the eagles and the bears who play in a 4-3, iirc.

Agreed with that. Whatever defense Rivera decides to run, he needs way more help at the DT position. He can still work with Everette Brown and Greg Hardy, who made some noise last season. Not to mention he has Charles Johnson.
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Originally posted by communist:

Agreed with that. Whatever defense Rivera decides to run, he needs way more help at the DT position. He can still work with Everette Brown and Greg Hardy, who made some noise last season. Not to mention he has Charles Johnson.
he is a FA my statement was against a miller-pick in particular and d-pick in general (incl. DT...look at the rams last year).
but the panthers-case is indeed way to special...they dont have a single DT under contract .
[ Edited by communist on Mar 9, 2011 at 11:00 AM ]
New mocks for mcshay and kiper are out

Kiper has us taking with our first 3 picks
Patrick Peterson CB
Dontay Moch LB
Colin Kaepernick QB

Mcshay has us taking with our first 3 picks
Patrick Peterson CB
Mikel Leshoure RB
Kendrick Ellis NT

Patrick Peterson CB
Dontay Moch LB
Colin Kaepernick QB

Patrick Peterson CB
Mikel Leshoure RB
Kendrick Ellis NT

LOVE Kiper's mock. Still kinda okay with McShay's
Originally posted by IdentityCrisis:

Patrick Peterson CB
Dontay Moch LB
Colin Kaepernick QB

Patrick Peterson CB
Mikel Leshoure RB
Kendrick Ellis NT

im assuming in Mcshays scenario we end up taking Stanzi as our QB for this draft

Patrick Peterson CB
Dontay Moch LB
Colin Kaepernick QB

Patrick Peterson CB
Mikel Leshoure RB
Kendrick Ellis NT

On Kiper's mock: We'd be extremely lucky if Peterson fell to us. Kaepernick won't be there with our 3rd pick, IMO.

On McShay: Like the Peterson pick. Why waste our 2nd pick on a running back when we can get a better value pick in the 2nd round?! There are other running backs we can get in the 4th or 5th rounds.

Patrick Peterson CB
Dontay Moch LB
Colin Kaepernick QB

Patrick Peterson CB
Mikel Leshoure RB
Kendrick Ellis NT

either one of those

Patrick Peterson CB
Dontay Moch LB
Colin Kaepernick QB

Patrick Peterson CB
Mikel Leshoure RB
Kendrick Ellis NT

On Kiper's mock: We'd be extremely lucky if Peterson fell to us. Kaepernick won't be there with our 3rd pick, IMO.

On McShay: Like the Peterson pick. Why waste our 2nd pick on a running back when we can get a better value pick in the 2nd round?! There are other running backs we can get in the 4th or 5th rounds.

Just flip flop Mel's 2nd and 3rd rounds, Mooch should be there in the 3rd.

Patrick Peterson CB
Dontay Moch LB
Colin Kaepernick QB

Patrick Peterson CB
Mikel Leshoure RB
Kendrick Ellis NT

The Kaep pick, was that slotted in the third? He will probably be gone in the second, but the niners could move up to the second by trading the 3rd with one or some of the extra picks that we have.

I absolutely hate the fact that the cards end up with Von Miller. the only consulation would be if after the 4th or 5th year he bolts to the cowgirls, as he said he would love to play for them.
Originally posted by IdentityCrisis:

Patrick Peterson CB
Dontay Moch LB
Colin Kaepernick QB

Patrick Peterson CB
Mikel Leshoure RB
Kendrick Ellis NT

im assuming in Mcshays scenario we end up taking Stanzi as our QB for this draft

On Kiper's It looks good but can be be even better by switching out the Moch pick. The guy looks good but don't know if i would want to use our 2nd on him. Maybe a different pass rusher. Or more realistically take Kaep in the 2nd combined with Mcshay's Ellis with our 3rd.

Mcshay's RB pick is crazy. We have really big needs to fill. These guys just change it up to keep it interesting and then they make their real picks before draft day...
It would scare me if arizona and seattle ended up with gabbert or locker and we get who knows who. It would be like the nfc south if they work out.