LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 233 users in the forums

As Expected; Myself and jreff's Top 28 Mock

May want to reexamine the Tampa Bay pick. They have 3 rookie receivers on there roster now and I don't think they would draft another one that early.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by TexasNiner:
Your optimism is showing.

How can you have your top ranked player overall going at #7?

(Not that I wouldn't love it if it happened.) Are 6 other teams in the NFL that stupid?

ranking and draft placement are 2 different things

Sure, but you're saying that 6 other NFL teams also think there are better players/bigger needs than one of the best CB prospects in years? And by your own ranking, he could be the best prospect in the draft.

I just don't see how he possibly falls to us. I guess anything is possible, but I'd be thrilled and shocked if either of the top two CBs fell to us, let alone Peterson.

Cost is a major issue, would you pay $68 million to a CB?

Personally? As opposed to whatever other scrub I might have to pay $68 million to in this draft? Absolutely. And twice on Sunday.

In the immortal words of DaDivaRecieva: "I'll suck my dick if we get Peterson".

all players taken around peterson are not scrubs

There might have been a little sarcasm there. But I do think he is worth the money as much or more so than most any other projected top 10 pick.

Then that team would have no issues throwing that money at Nnamdi

And I doubt they would. I don't see any team in the league having a problem paying Nnamdi. He will have his choice of where to play and will become the top paid CB in the league.

And for any team that misses out on him, if they have one of those picks and/or can trade for it, Peterson would be a great option. And even though Peterson has yet to play in the league, the success and demand for Nnamdi showcases the value of an elite CB.

I just think it's very wishful thinking that the best CB in the draft, arguably the best prospect in the draft, falls to us at 7, filling a MAJOR need, while 6 other teams pass on him.

But heck, anything can happen. Same probably could have been said about Crabtree.
Share 49ersWebzone