There are 142 users in the forums

As Expected; Myself and jreff's Top 28 Mock

Originally posted by SF69ers:
I don't think Peterson gets past the Cardinals. Their corners were abused this past season and I don't think they pass on the best CB prospect of the draft.

Could happen although DRC is still a good CB, if Peterson did go Prince would be an obvious target for us.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by SF69ers:
I don't think Peterson gets past the Cardinals. Their corners were abused this past season and I don't think they pass on the best CB prospect of the draft.

Could happen although DRC is still a good CB, if Peterson did go Prince would be an obvious target for us.

DRC especially was the one abused. He's been trying to get by on speed alone but he's not as aggressive as they had hoped and he's not that great of a tackler. But like you said, I wouldn't be mad with Prince either. Although I'd hate the Cards even more if they selected Peterson
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
Bowers wont fit in a 3-4 sheme with all that I have read, the D that the Bills run.....butwith Fairly and Marcel gone....they may want to go 4-3 with the Bowers pick.

Buffalo switched back to the 4-3 midway through the season.

As to the mock, I don't see tampa bay taking yet another WR when they have a black hole at DE and Kerrigan still on the board.
good mock AB, but no way the Bengals pass on AJ GREEN
Originally posted by jojomellon:
Bowers wont fit in a 3-4 sheme with all that I have read, the D that the Bills run.....butwith Fairly and Marcel gone....they may want to go 4-3 with the Bowers pick.

As to the mock, I don't see tampa bay taking yet another WR when they have a black hole at DE and Kerrigan still on the board.

Very true and good point...but getting some help for Freeman should be a main priority. DE could very well be the pick here, but WR would not surprise me.

Very true and good point...but getting some help for Freeman should be a main priority. DE could very well be the pick here, but WR would not surprise me.

As others have said I don't think there is any way Mallet will be the first QB off the board.

Don't agree with Miller going to the Vikings. Don't think he is the best fit in a Tampa-2 defense.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
I don't see Houston taking a 4-3 DE in their conversion to a 3-4. They need a legit NT and a 3-4 OLB, Miller could very well be the guy.
Originally posted by TX9R:
I don't see Houston taking a 4-3 DE in their conversion to a 3-4. They need a legit NT and a 3-4 OLB, Miller could very well be the guy.

good point forgot about them switching over. Kinda seems like they will diminish Mario Williams pass rush abilities if they play him at DE in a 3-4. Not sure he can play OLB.
Originally posted by lamontb:

good point forgot about them switching over. Kinda seems like they will diminish Mario Williams pass rush abilities if they play him at DE in a 3-4. Not sure he can play OLB.

Wade phillips has already talked at length about mario playing DE, the same position Bruce Smith played, in his system.

Wade phillips has already talked at length about mario playing DE, the same position Bruce Smith played, in his system.

Gonna be interesting to see how that works. i'm kinda too young to really remember the Bills defense. I know Bruce Smith was a beast but i didn't remember there schemes. With Kubiak on the hot seat doesn't seem like he has 2 years to wait for the defense to turn around. Not to mention they have about 3/4 1st rounders on that defense already.

Originally posted by joey82:

As others have said I don't think there is any way Mallet will be the first QB off the board.

Don't agree with Miller going to the Vikings. Don't think he is the best fit in a Tampa-2 defense.

I agree there is no way Mallet goes that high - Gabbert goes first for certain.
One more thing, the Bengals are only drafting a QB in the first round if the CBA can be sorted before the draft. They won't want to have a pissed off Carson Palmer and no way to trade him.
Originally posted by DraftaQB:
Originally posted by joey82:

I agree there is no way Mallet goes that high - Gabbert goes first for certain.
One more thing, the Bengals are only drafting a QB in the first round if the CBA can be sorted before the draft. They won't want to have a pissed off Carson Palmer and no way to trade him.

The CBA will have a big impact on future mocks, as of now we are "expecting" it to happen. Regarding the Mallet pick and the Gabbert "going first certainty", its only January. Nothing is certain at this point, until both the Senior Bowl and Combine are completed nothing can be taken as concrete yet.

Gonna be interesting to see how that works. i'm kinda too young to really remember the Bills defense. I know Bruce Smith was a beast but i didn't remember there schemes. With Kubiak on the hot seat doesn't seem like he has 2 years to wait for the defense to turn around. Not to mention they have about 3/4 1st rounders on that defense already.

While it appears Kubiak has dodged a Black Monday bullet, league sources tell Pro Football Weekly GM Rick Smith could be on shaky ground. "Rick Smith has two years left on his deal. I know Rick and he's a great guy. I hope he stays, but they've got to do a better job of plugging holes and fix that defense already," said one league exec familiar with the Texans' inner workings. "It's been a sieve as long as Kubiak has been there. The offense is not broken."
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
I will suck my own dick if we get Peterson.

Must be flexible dude or......
Getting Peterson is not that far fetched if a QB or two is taken before us, there is an unwritten rule that CB won't be selectedin the top 3, too much money for a CB. Not saying it doesn't happen, we broke the mode with Davis, just saying. That is another factor that CBA brings-will it usher in a rookie salary cap or not. If not then he may be taken later if so then earlier.
Share 49ersWebzone