LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 353 users in the forums

2011 San Francisco 49ers Mock Draft: Extremely Early Edition

I think you have the right idea as far as positions the Niners need to upgrade...and I think getting a CB at number 7 and a QB at 45 is probably a good way to go.

However, many think that Dalton is a better prospect than Ponder and since so many teams need QB help this offseason (and because of the lack of a CBA, the draft will be even more important to teams this year), the Niners may have to reach a bit in the second if they want to make sure they get a QB they really like.

Also, with QB, CB, OLB, DE, S, and OG being pretty major needs right now for this team, drafting a RB in the third round seems highly unlikely. Let's remember the Niners got an excellent RB prospect (Dixon) in the sixth round last year. That is about where I would expect the team to take another RB this year.

Finally, don't rule out the possibility of the Niners going with an OLB or DE at number 7, even if the Prince is still there. This is an excellent draft year for 3-4 DEs and the Niners will probably need to use one of their first two picks on a QB. If the team got a stud pass rusher in the first round and then went with a QB in the second round, they could draft a CB in the third and sign a FA CB.... IMHO, that would be a great scenario for this team...

Keep putting out those mock drafts though....always entertaining and thought provoking....
LMFAO 3 QBS, WTF
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by jimrat201:
Tyrod Taylor, why not bring back Jarrett Brown.

So all black QBs are alike?

yep, they don't listen to contemporary rock

Serious? Why do they wear headsets then?

This
FWIW, National Football Post on Jeff Maehl at the East-West Shrine weigh-in . . .

Quote:
Oregon wideout Jeff Maehl looked like an undersized kicker when he stepped up in front of the crowd — and I am not exaggerating by any stretch. He had a rail-thin, narrow frame, possessed no muscle tone or girth in either his upper or lower half and just looked like some skinny guy off the street. Now, did we know he was a frail guy coming in? Yes. And some of the best advice I ever got going into a weigh-in was, “There are a lot of bodies in the NFL that aren’t pleasant to look at, but are possessed by some really talented football players. So don’t get lost in the body type.” Maehl fits the description.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/EastWest-Shrine-game-notebook.html
I dont get why people are saying Ponder sucks. When healthy he has had some huge games, mobile, accurate, and a decent arm. I am a pretty big fan of his actually.
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

So all black QBs are alike?

yep, they don't listen to contemporary rock

Serious? Why do they wear headsets then?

Contrary to popular belief they are not listening to rap or metal. Actually most listen to 90's lesbian rock, such as...

We are not drafting THREE Quarterbacks.
Originally posted by 23zack80:
1. Christian Ponder sucks, I'd rather take Dalton in the second.
2. The 49ers don't need a running back in the third.
3. Bruce Carter is not a pass rushing 3-4 outside linebacker.

AGREE!
Share 49ersWebzone