There are 215 users in the forums

Would you make this trade?

Now that the Patriots are out of the playoffs, they hold the #17 and #28 picks in the first round of the draft (Draft Value 950 + 660 = 1610 total points).

The Niners have the #7 pick in the draft (Draft value 1500 points).

The Patriots traded Randy Moss this year so they do not have a big, deep threat WR anymore. They also do not have a feature RB, they have RB by committee (Law Firm, Woodhead, Morris and an aging Fred Taylor). If they offered those picks to move up, would you make the trade?

I would make the move if either of the top two CB's are gone or if Gabbert does not show he has the skills in workouts to be a top 10 pick. Your thoughts............
Problem is with rookie salary caps being high, and belichick being a trade genius i doubt that would ever happen... I would lose it if AJ Green or Peterson fell to us
Yes. But I strongly doubt they will.
Originally posted by English:
Yes. But I strongly doubt they will.

Cosigned.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
No, we can get an elite player at #7 compared to an average player at #17 and we can get a comparable player in the 2nd rd then we can at #28.
2 firsts hell yeah...problem is i cant even think who the pats would possibly even want at 7
Originally posted by TalkinBoutWILLIS:
2 firsts hell yeah...problem is i cant even think who the pats would possibly even want at 7

If AJ Green fell to #7, he is the best WR in this draft and would be a definite target for the Patriots. The Patriots are also a little short on talent at the OLB position, so Robert Quinn could be someone they would trade up for.
At 7 we're guaranteed an elite player. Not trading down this year.
The patriots don't trade up.
Nope, no deal. We need that pick for a CB, or a OLB. Can't get that in the later part of the 1st.

I would have to take that trade. We could get our QB and a solid pass rusher with those picks.
id take that trade and then turn around and trade one of the picks for a few 2nd rounders and a 3rd. we need to start thinking like belicheck. hes always got ammo to make trades and keep his roster fresh. belicheck wouldnt make that trade tho so it wont happen.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I would trade them Crabtree for that 17th pick.
Originally posted by susweel:

trippin
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by susweel:

trippin

top 5 pick ?
Share 49ersWebzone