LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 243 users in the forums

Auburn DT Nick Fairley

• mike
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
Nick wanna hurt the QB make a loss game cuz he gave nick for won a game.. I know Nick is cheat for cheap to hit. that is not right thing!

huh?
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
This is football, not marbles. If you can't deal with cheap shots, go find another sport to play.

You lost alot of credibility to me there Ghost. I always think alot of your post but this one kind of on the wrong side to me. Ronnie Lott was not a cheap shot artist, I never seen Charles Haley pull anything like that out the ordinary (despite his bipolar issue). Real football players do not need to pull those Antics. As for James Harrison I actually dont think he is a dirty player. To me he just plays football and gets fined for it because Goodell is out to get him to me and alot of fans whine about it. His hits are no different than Ronnie Lotts hits. I love blue collar hard nosed players and big nasties but when you got cheap shot artist like this chump who wants someone like that. Put it this way would you be happy if someone like Albert Haynesworth was playing on this team? Lazy, Sloppy, Poor Work Ethic, and plain Dirty? Also if stuff like this was being done to Montana or Young would you not be pissed off at that guy? Hell we deal with too many offsides penalties as it is and to add personal fouls would be a nightmare. To me this aint the Oakland Raiders and if anyone dont like it they can find another team.
[ Edited by NC49erfan82 on Feb 27, 2011 at 6:18 AM ]
  • titan
  • Veteran
Looks good to me! as long as he is not hiiting a Niner QB like that.
Originally posted by Dshearn:
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
I wonder if im the only person on this planet that thinks Fairley is overrated beyond belief. He's rated so high by the experts, but I don't see him as someone who is going to be that much of a factor on his team's defense.

I think Glenn Dorsey was a much better prospect in college a couple years ago, and he is just now coming into his own.

Fairley IMO, wont produce nowhere near the expectations of him. He wont dominate OGs in the NFL, and I don't think he's that disciplined either

based on what? what is his weakness? what do you see as the chink in his armor?

the guy IS a BY CLONE that penetrates.....

seeing how he Set SEC records for stops behind the LOS , I just cant feel you when you say he is overrated beyond belief.........

I think he is more a product of a dominant defense than a can't miss prospect. We shall see if he is the top 5 beast that storms the NFL like Suh. I don't think he will be THAT good.

He is not in my first 6 picks is all.
I wonder if im the only person on this planet that thinks Fairley is overrated beyond belief. He's rated so high by the experts, but I don't see him as someone who is going to be that much of a factor on his team's defense.

I think Glenn Dorsey was a much better prospect in college a couple years ago, and he is just now coming into his own.

Fairley IMO, wont produce nowhere near the expectations of him. He wont dominate OGs in the NFL, and I don't think he's that disciplined either

seeing how he Set SEC records for stops behind the LOS , I just cant feel you when you say he is overrated beyond belief.........

I think he is more a product of a dominant defense than a can't miss prospect. We shall see if he is the top 5 beast that storms the NFL like Suh. I don't think he will be THAT good.

I am not too high on him either but I hope he is picked early and not by us. He looks more like a poor mans Warren Sapp who would fit best in a cover 2 scheme.
I'm not advocating that the Panther choose him, but he's disruptive, plain and simple. He can play in any scheme at a high level.

For those saying that he's a product of Auburn's defense, that's a huge flaw. Auburn wasn't the same when he came out of the game. He was the centerpiece of that defense and their was a noticable difference without him.

i am going to go laugh my ass off from you calling auburns defense dominant.....

their 60th in the nation by yardage (53 scoring)
[ Edited by Dshearn on Feb 27, 2011 at 5:54 PM ]
Originally posted by PTulini:
Originally posted by jreff22:
wont be available

No s**t dude.

Seems like he might be available now. Before the combine, I would've never considered him lasting until pick 7. But, he might be there.

If he is there....do we take him? Is he stout enough to play the LDE? Do we move JS to LDE?

I don't think we've given much thought to him being a niner, becuase none of us saw him slipping to 7.....but what if he does?
Originally posted by Lobo49er:
Originally posted by PTulini:
Originally posted by jreff22:
wont be available

No s**t dude.

Seems like he might be available now. Before the combine, I would've never considered him lasting until pick 7. But, he might be there.

If he is there....do we take him? Is he stout enough to play the LDE? Do we move JS to LDE?

I don't think we've given much thought to him being a niner, becuase none of us saw him slipping to 7.....but what if he does?

Good question. I like Sopoaga, but a D line of Smith, Franklin, Fairley would be pretty fierce.

Still, I do have some reservations about him and his attitude.
What happened to all the talk of Fairley? I hardly hear anyone talk about him. I know he was a one year wonder, but the guy is a savage. All the high lights make him look merciless. Is he a DE in a 3-4? I dont think he is big enought to play NT.

Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
What happened to all the talk of Fairley? I hardly hear anyone talk about him. I know he was a one year wonder, but the guy is a savage. All the high lights make him look merciless. Is he a DE in a 3-4? I dont think he is big enought to play NT.

I think he's going to Tennessee at 8.
I know what you mean though. For quite a while it was looking like he was the for sure #1 pick. Its weird how things like that happen.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

I think he's going to Tennessee at 8.
I know what you mean though. For quite a while it was looking like he was the for sure #1 pick. Its weird how things like that happen.

His attitude reminds me of Warren Sapp. Just a nasty player that loves the contact. You can't teach that. He and Justin Smith would be wicked in a 4-3.
this guy is gonna be a stud
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

Cosigned, he's an amazing player already. Everyone is on Cam's nuts but Fairley pretty much raped Oregon in the National Championship game.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

Cosigned, he's an amazing player already. Everyone is on Cam's nuts but Fairley pretty much raped Oregon in the National Championship game.

I remember thinking after watching that game, "man, that dude is going with the first pick." I thought there was no way we could get him. Now it seems he could fall out of the 10 spot. I hope the Niners have done their homework on him.

Does anyone know what he was like before his breakout year, last year?
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Apr 23, 2011 at 2:58 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone