There are 207 users in the forums

Gore's trade value

• sfout
  • Veteran
I've been thinking about it a lot recently and it seems like a very reasonable idea to think that the 9ers will try and move Gore while he still holds value. We've lost out on his prime years due to bad coaching, bad QB play and essentially mismanaged drafts as well.
He'll be 28 by next season and in my opinion has already hit the wall that everyone says is right around the age of 30 and with 1 year left on his deal it would look like a great trade piece to a RB needy team like the redskins, dolphins, bills, bengals, colts or saints just to name a few with unsettled RB play. I would like to think that Harbaugh's main goal is to go young and build for the future and with RB who is almost 30 and possibly wants the ball a little more then he should get it I wouldn't be surprised to see him go.
I'm just interested in hearing other peoples thoughts on Gore's value to our team and on the market.
Maybe Gore for McNab?
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Possibly, also my bad to mods if I posted this in the wrong forum. it does affect our draft thought so I thought it would work.

I was thinking Gore for 2 picks in this years draft and we use one on a RB like Kendall Hunter, Jacquizz rodgers, or Shane Vereen.
[ Edited by sfout on Jan 15, 2011 at 11:11 PM ]
Another Trading Gore thread.

I think Frank's value on the trade block would be so little the team would be embarrassed to take it. Not sure why so many posters want to trade him.
Originally posted by English:

I think Frank's value on the trade block would be so little the team would be embarrassed to take it. Not sure why so many posters want to trade him.

agreed teams are not going to want to trade little-to-anything at all for a 29 year old workhorse rb coming off a serious hip injury who only has 1 year left on his contract.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cory4903:

agreed teams are not going to want to trade little-to-anything at all for a 29 year old workhorse rb coming off a serious hip injury who only has 1 year left on his contract.

So you're content to let him walk in FA? Business is business and a 28 year old can't handle the load that Gore wants to get, we have to get young and cut Gore or Westbrook loose and get another young RB in the backfield with Dixon. Maybe they'll address it next year but he'll just walk because he will still want the bulk/all of the carries and probably won't be able to sustain himself.
Age plus injured hip equal not much.
He is the only consistant playmaker on our offense and has been for years. If hes traded ill fly out to SF to f**k Baalke up. Worth a 1st n a 3rd and way to good to trade away for anything less.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
As i and many other posters stated years ago, by the time we're relevant again Gore will be done! So why not trade him away if we can get something worth while in return.

there's no doubt he's the only consistant weapon we've had here in a while. That hasn't exactly got us anything has it?

With that said, I think we're a couple years too late to do this and get somewhat decent compensation. To which we very likely would have wasted anyway but......

Only way I trade him at this point is if there is a guy left on the board during the draft that we think can come in and start contributing right away.

if gore wouldnt have got injured people would never even consider trading gore. the funny thing is with him getting injured people should not consider it at all since value we could have gotten would be drastically down.....if anything why not just run him into the ground if you just want to dump him
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by cory4903:

So you're content to let him walk in FA? Business is business and a 28 year old can't handle the load that Gore wants to get, we have to get young and cut Gore or Westbrook loose and get another young RB in the backfield with Dixon. Maybe they'll address it next year but he'll just walk because he will still want the bulk/all of the carries and probably won't be able to sustain himself.

i dont understand what you mean? Are you talking about westbrook? Why are you in such a hurry to change things, our rb position is fine. Gore has at least another good year in him and him and dixon would be fine as a 1-2 punch but it would be nice to keep westbrook around for another year(although i doubt he wants to stay). If we cant keep westbrook then we should pick up a change-of-pace/pass catching rb either in the mid-late rounds of the draft or FA.

RB will be a position in a year or two that needs to be addressed, but if dixon keeps developing he has the potential down the line to be a solid rb in this league. Until then Gore is one of the focal points of our offense, and we need him if we are to be successful next season. There is no reason for us to trade him because of the low market value he would command due to injury concerns, age concerns and the fact that is contract is up after next season. We have more pressing needs right now than rb
Originally posted by Hades49:
Maybe Gore for McNab?

no f`ing waaaaay!
Originally posted by krizay:
As i and many other posters stated years ago, by the time we're relevant again Gore will be done! So why not trade him away if we can get something worth while in return.

there's no doubt he's the only consistant weapon we've had here in a while. That hasn't exactly got us anything has it?

With that said, I think we're a couple years too late to do this and get somewhat decent compensation. To which we very likely would have wasted anyway but......

Only way I trade him at this point is if there is a guy left on the board during the draft that we think can come in and start contributing right away.

what is worth while to you? IMO we have the talent to win the division next year and frank will be a big part in that; and I believe if we wanted to trade gore this year we would not get more than a 3rd round pick, if that. Last years 3rd round pick was Navarrow Bowman, would you be willing to trade gore for a player like him? If so, why?

We should not mess with our rb position right now, we have a stud in gore, and a developing player in dixon. Trading gore to get depth at other positions would be just stupid IMO and wont happen so i dont even know why im wasting my time talking about it
You make terrible threads. There, i said it.
Share 49ersWebzone