There are 174 users in the forums

2011 WZ Draft- Official Picks - mayo49 (PIT) OTC

Originally posted by BoiseNiner:
Originally posted by communist:
a little surprise imo but nice steal...i hoped that he would fall to the rams 4th-rounder

I've been doing a lot of homework in the Chargers forums as well to see what certain players they like and most have their eyes set on TE's in this draft. I was targeting DJ Williams earlier but his height and weight at the Senior Bowl concerned me a little bit. Stocker has solid size as a TE in the NFL and like I said in my post, had a very solid Senior Bowl week. Some Chargers fans wouldn't mind drafting Kyle Rudolph as well. I'm guessing they are more concerned with Antonio Gates injuries than the Chargers seem to be letting on.
that was a shocker to me...236 pound is way too few for a TE...it wouldnt be a secret to anyone why he would enter a field for a play in terms of blocking or receiving.

Yep. IMO he'll probably be a Delanie Walker type TE/H-back/WR/FB hybrid in the NFL. I think he's still a solid player but not sure if he can hold up as a every down player.
dont talk too much about him b/c he is still on my big board but i dont think that he will last til my pick.
Originally posted by KezarLivin:
Without a 4th round pick that wraps it up for the Saints.

Round 1 #24 DE / J.J. Watt {Wisconsin}
Round 2 #56 OLB / Bruce Carter {North Carolina}
Round 3 #72 DT / Jurrell Casey {USC}
Round 3 #88 RB / Daniel Thomas (Kansas State)

Any thoughts?

Solid A choices on the first three picks. Good value on the RB, but I would have looked to fill a safety spot here instead. Thomas is in the same mold as Chris Ivory... who is already been a stud in the making for NOLA.
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Well the Chargers are done with the draft and don't have a pick again until the 6th round. Got a lot of players I was targeting on my board, so I'm throughly happy with this draft. A few players (namely Titus Young) that I missed out on but I can't complain to much.

1st Round (18) DE Cameron Heyward, Ohio State
2nd Round (50) OLB Justin Houston, Georgia
2nd Round (62) S DeAndre McDaniel, Clemson
3rd Round (82) WR Jerrel Jernigan, Troy
3rd Round (89) TE Luke Stocker, Tennessee

CB and RT are still a need but FA seemed like a more logical place to address those positions.

Excellent job... got good value at each pick and filled some big needs.

Thanks. My only issue with my draft is I might have drafted the wrong DE. I debated long and hard in the first round between Cameron Heyward and Cameron Jordan after Von Miller was selected a few picks before 18. After Jordans' dominating senior bowl and Heyward having surgery, it looks like I picked the wrong guy. Still, I really like Heyward though and still think he'd be an excellent fit in San Diego.

Any thoughts?

Solid A choices on the first three picks. Good value on the RB, but I would have looked to fill a safety spot here instead. Thomas is in the same mold as Chris Ivory... who is already been a stud in the making for NOLA.

Having lived in NOLA, and with many friends that are Saints fans, they are not really sold on Ivory (fumbles, hands of stone) or the depth at RB. They really want a workhorse to slow down the pressure on Brees and balance the offense. I also think Daniel Thomas is a better value than any of the Safetys on the board.

While Roman Harper has an awful game against the Shehawks, he was very good all season along side Malcolm Jenkins (who was out or that one game). Their real problem on defense was getting pressure on the QB and lack of production from their OLBs, Shanle, and Dunbar. They really missed Fujita this year, if you can believe that!

Having lived in NOLA, and with many friends that are Saints fans, they are not really sold on Ivory (fumbles, hands of stone) or the depth at RB. They really want a workhorse to slow down the pressure on Brees and balance the offense. I also think Daniel Thomas is a better value than any of the Safetys on the board.

While Roman Harper has an awful game against the Shehawks, he was very good all season along side Malcolm Jenkins (who was out or that one game). Their real problem on defense was getting pressure on the QB and lack of production from their OLBs, Shanle, and Dunbar. They really missed Fujita this year, if you can believe that!
SS is a need but not a pressing one. you stole a nice RB...nice done.

Any thoughts?

Yeah, fair enough. I agree with your take on Harper... not crucifying him after 1 bad playoff game. Still, he's on his final year, if I recall? With Pierre Thomas likely on his way out, RB does make some sense. Guess I just have a higher opinion of Ivory than others. The defense suffered quite a bit from runs inside and away from Ellis. They need a run-stuffing cow next to Sedrick. Also gashed from runs off-RT, so yes, an upgrade at SLB and LE are needs also. (which is why I liked your first 3 picks for sure)
hey are we allowed to trade picks for vets? i already have a deal in the works for my 4th round pick
Originally posted by YungAce:
hey are we allowed to trade picks for vets? i already have a deal in the works for my 4th round pick

Yes. I dealt Brady Quinn in a deal earlier.
**TRADE MUTHAFCKAS!!**

The Miami Dolphins have traded their 4th round pick (110) to the Cincinatti Bengals in exchange for Chad Johnson.

this trade has been niner4life21 approved

[ Edited by YungAce on Jan 31, 2011 at 18:47:32 ]
Originally posted by YungAce:
**TRADE MUTHAFCKAS!!**

The Miami Dolphins have traded their 4th round pick (110) to the Cincinatti Bengals in exchange for Chad Johnson.

this trade has been niner4life21 approved

Are we picking for DaveWilcox? I believe he didn't pick last round. I don't think he's doing the draft anymore.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Are we picking for DaveWilcox? I believe he didn't pick last round. I don't think he's doing the draft anymore.
ok, what about toliver, WR from lsu. james carpenter for ROT, alabama. colin mccarthy, ilb, miami.

[ Edited by communist on Feb 1, 2011 at 07:34:06 ]
ok, what about toliver, WR from lsu. james carpenter for ROT, alabama. colin mccarthy, ilb, miami.

I think McCarthy is intriguing for Baltimore. Ray Lewis could coach up another LB from the U in his final years to pass the torch to when he retires.

I think McCarthy is intriguing for Baltimore. Ray Lewis could coach up another LB from the U in his final years to pass the torch to when he retires.
let's wait about 2 another hours?

Jason Pinkston OT
Marcus Gilbert OT
Joseph Barksdale OT
James Carpenter OT

I have these guys left for tackle options.
Share 49ersWebzone