LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 457 users in the forums

2011 WZ Draft- Official Picks - mayo49 (PIT) OTC

Originally posted by jimrat201:
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Originally posted by vrabbit:

mid to late?

more like mid AT MOST, he won't go past the Rams and the Redskins (my target if I had made a trade) may think about him too

Wouldn't give it a second thought and just smile. Jones could run a fantastic 40... display crazy good Combine skills, and be great value at your spot. People are just b!tching just to b!tch and because they can see the future.

You would think Joey worked as an NFL scout or something.

Sorry didn't realize I wasn't allowed to have an opinion. The whole point of doing this online is for people to comment and critique it. If you disagree with my opinion that is fine.

Yes things could always change and they always do... but if you are doing a draft in Jan its hard to bump/degrade a player based on the combine.

I am also shocked that it has been almost 20 picks without an OL taken.
Originally posted by joey82:

mid to late?

more like mid AT MOST, he won't go past the Rams and the Redskins (my target if I had made a trade) may think about him too

Wouldn't give it a second thought and just smile. Jones could run a fantastic 40... display crazy good Combine skills, and be great value at your spot. People are just b!tching just to b!tch and because they can see the future.

Sorry didn't realize I wasn't allowed to have an opinion. The whole point of doing this online is for people to comment and critique it. If you disagree with my opinion that is fine.

Yes things could always change and they always do... but if you are doing a draft in Jan its hard to bump/degrade a player based on the combine.

google must be wrong

mid to late?

the 1st was taken at 19, and none are top notch guys like a Okung, or a Trent Williams, Anthony Davis, etc...
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
via PM, Giants take Derek Sherrod.

Thanks AB

The Giants shore up the oline with this pick who I have rated as the top OT in the draft. He is big and agile for a player his size, has played in the SEC as a starter since freshman year and played both the right and left side. His pass blocking I have rated higher than Gabe Carimi who has a bit better grade on run blocking.

I think the Giants top need is linebacker but not really a good value at this pick. Same with safety. I really wanted to take Travis Lewis LB from Oklahoma but he stayed in school, he would have been a great fit. Also considered Rahim Moore S here and would have jumped all over Stephen Paea DT if available.

mid to late?

google must be wrong

I said almost 20 picks.

@AB I agree about no elite OL this draft. As it is a below average class. However, teams do overvalue OT and pass rushers. In some ways I think that helps Sherrod as there is quite a drop of as of now between him and the next best OT.

I could see teams like SD, Minn and Miami giving him a good hard look.
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
via PM, Giants take Derek Sherrod.

Thanks AB

The Giants shore up the oline with this pick who I have rated as the top OT in the draft. He is big and agile for a player his size, has played in the SEC as a starter since freshman year and played both the right and left side. His pass blocking I have rated higher than Gabe Carimi who has a bit better grade on run blocking.

I think the Giants top need is linebacker but not really a good value at this pick. Same with safety. I really wanted to take Travis Lewis LB from Oklahoma but he stayed in school, he would have been a great fit. Also considered Rahim Moore S here and would have jumped all over Stephen Paea DT if available.

no prob bud.
draft order fixed.
Originally posted by ninertico:
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
With the 20th pick Tampa Bay selects: Ryan Kerrigan, DE, Purdue

The Bucs had their leading defensive end top out at 4.5 sacks on the season. Kerrigan gives them a real threat and a beast of a pass rusher on the outside. Huge upgrade for this defense.

Nice pick and value while taking care of a need! Props. Nice that he dropped, huh?

Can't say I'm upset, that's for sure.
Where be 49erfan3252?
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Where be 49erfan3252?

don't know PM'd him an hour or 2 ago.

Ill give him another 45 mins.

If it becomes time to make a pick for KC, my vote would go to C / Stefen Wisniewski {Penn State}.
i love this mock lol
Originally posted by YungAce:
i love this mock lol

indeed, indeed.
If it becomes time to make a pick for KC, my vote would go to C / Stefen Wisniewski {Penn State}.

Why not Pouncey? Isn't he a higher caliber/rated guy?
The best pick for the KC Chiefs at this spot is Aldon Smith. The Chiefs need a pass rusher and they will select the local kid with the huge upside to play OLB in their 3-4. Well... that would be my pick anyway if I had it.
Share 49ersWebzone