LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 293 users in the forums

2011 WZ Draft- Official Picks - mayo49 (PIT) OTC

Originally posted by oldman9er:
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
4-3 DE at 235 lbs? Tampa 2 D wouldn't even touch that.

I agree. Not a great fit in Jacksonville. Miller will be drafted in the first round but it will be by a team that uses a 3-4 defense and in need of a great outside pass rusher. Like the Niners for example.

like I said he will play OLB as well. Yeah he is a better 3-4 fit and his size is no different than Xavier Adibi, Chad Greenway, and Clint Sessions. All those guys are 4-3 prospects.

Yeah, that makes more sense. I also see him as a 4-3 backer. Lots of talking heads have him at 240-ish and the next Dumervil, but I'm not at all convinced.

I think that's a good pick by the Patriots also. They have enough picks to go for value there with Ingram.

Tampering.

AB Goodell rules that the Denver Broncos get the Lions next pick.
Originally posted by SacRock14:
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
4-3 DE at 235 lbs? Tampa 2 D wouldn't even touch that.

I agree. Not a great fit in Jacksonville. Miller will be drafted in the first round but it will be by a team that uses a 3-4 defense and in need of a great outside pass rusher. Like the Niners for example.

like I said he will play OLB as well. Yeah he is a better 3-4 fit and his size is no different than Xavier Adibi, Chad Greenway, and Clint Sessions. All those guys are 4-3 prospects.

Yeah, that makes more sense. I also see him as a 4-3 backer. Lots of talking heads have him at 240-ish and the next Dumervil, but I'm not at all convinced.

I think that's a good pick by the Patriots also. They have enough picks to go for value there with Ingram.

Tampering.

AB Goodell rules that the Denver Broncos get the Lions next pick.

hahahahahahahaha, RULING CONFIRMED.
I did say I'd trade down in that scenario (browns), WR and MLB are their biggest needs IMO, who would you guys have gone with? Quinn?
Originally posted by vrabbit:
I did say I'd trade down in that scenario (browns), WR and MLB are their biggest needs IMO, who would you guys have gone with? Quinn?

Yep. Quinn would have been a great fit. Cleveland could use Jones but as you say at a lower part of the draft ( but still ahead of the Rams at 13 that you know want him badly)
With the 18th pick the 2011 NFL Draft the San Diego Chargers select Ohio State DE Cameron Heyward.

Many directions the Chargers could go here with the 18th pick. The Chargers decide to bolster their D-line with this pick. Larry English hasn't lived up to his draft position but with all the OLB's the Chargers were focusing on off the board, the Chargers add perhaps one of the best 3-4 DE's in this draft. Should be able to start in his rookie season and wreak havoc across Luis Castillo.

This years WR is deep you would have been much better served trading back into the late first or just using your early second on a WR then wasting the #6 pick on J. Jones.

However, like I said earlier this mock is an abortion, so I wouldn't feel too bad you aren't the only team that made a terrible pick in the top 12.
Originally posted by joey82:

This years WR is deep you would have been much better served trading back into the late first or just using your early second on a WR then wasting the #6 pick on J. Jones.

However, like I said earlier this mock is an abortion, so I wouldn't feel too bad you aren't the only team that made a terrible pick in the top 12.

I guess I'm higher on Julio than most of you. Was he a reach at #6? Yes, but it was a reach for NEED, and Julio (besides AJ) is the only other ELITE WR in this class IMO.

He is 6'4", 220lbs, has mid 4.4 speed last I heard, only missed ONE game in 3 years of college, has run most pro routes in 'Bama's offense, very good hands, and is also a good blocker in the run game.

Sure I could have gone with Quinn as a 4-3 DE which they will likely run in Cleveland, or even as a 3-4 OLB if they stay at 3-4, but I think Julio has the chance to make the biggest impact right away for a team that clearly needs help on offense, most specifically in the passing game.

Julio + an improving Colt McCoy + the great white horse =

I think that's more important than adding a defensive player to a defense that's already pretty good (although it does need front 7 upgrades).

I guess I'm higher on Julio than most of you. Was he a reach at #6? Yes, but it was a reach for NEED, and Julio (besides AJ) is the only other ELITE WR in this class IMO.

He is 6'4", 220lbs, has mid 4.4 speed last I heard, only missed ONE game in 3 years of college, has run most pro routes in 'Bama's offense, very good hands, and is also a good blocker in the run game.

Sure I could have gone with Quinn as a 4-3 DE which they will likely run in Cleveland, or even as a 3-4 OLB if they stay at 3-4, but I think Julio has the chance to make the biggest impact right away for a team that clearly needs help on offense, most specifically in the passing game.

I think that's more important than adding a defensive player to a defense that's already pretty good (although it does need front 7 upgrades).

I think J. Jones is good but more of a mid to late first rounder and while WR is a need I think it is too much of a reach at 6.

Floyd or Baldwin would likely be available in round 2. If they didn't feel like trading up.

I think J. Jones is good but more of a mid to late first rounder and while WR is a need I think it is too much of a reach at 6.

Floyd or Baldwin would likely be available in round 2. If they didn't feel like trading up.

mid to late?

more like mid AT MOST, he won't go past the Rams and the Redskins (my target if I had made a trade) may think about him too

mid to late?

more like mid AT MOST, he won't go past the Rams and the Redskins (my target if I had made a trade) may think about him too

Wouldn't give it a second thought and just smile. Jones could run a fantastic 40... display crazy good Combine skills, and be great value at your spot. People are just b!tching just to b!tch and because they can see the future.

mid to late?

The Rams are praying he falls to them at #13. He wont last until the end of round 1. Bradford needs a #1 WR and he could be that guy. I doubt he goes to Cleveland at #6 but that is more likely than a complete free fall to the late first.
via PM, Giants take Derek Sherrod.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran

mid to late?

Wouldn't give it a second thought and just smile. Jones could run a fantastic 40... display crazy good Combine skills, and be great value at your spot. People are just b!tching just to b!tch and because they can see the future.

You would think Joey worked as an NFL scout or something.
With the 20th pick Tampa Bay selects: Ryan Kerrigan, DE, Purdue

The Bucs had their leading defensive end top out at 4.5 sacks on the season. Kerrigan gives them a real threat and a beast of a pass rusher on the outside. Huge upgrade for this defense.
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
With the 20th pick Tampa Bay selects: Ryan Kerrigan, DE, Purdue

The Bucs had their leading defensive end top out at 4.5 sacks on the season. Kerrigan gives them a real threat and a beast of a pass rusher on the outside. Huge upgrade for this defense.

Nice pick and value while taking care of a need! Props. Nice that he dropped, huh?
Share 49ersWebzone