2011 WZ Draft- Official Picks - mayo49 (PIT) OTC

Originally posted by ninerlifer:
Originally posted by joey82:
Worst Mock Draft Ever

#1) A corner going #1 overall for the first time in history
#2) Julio Jones at #6
#3) Jake Locker as the 1st QB off the board
#4) QB desperate teams like Ari & Minn not taking QBs

I could go on... but whats the point. I think too many people drafted based on their biases instead of what was logical for their team.

I understand drafts have surprises and head scrathers but this is getting ridiculous. Four extremely questionable decisions in the first 12 picks. IMO this is a mockery of a mock.

lol I agree

yeahh this mock is ehhh
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
Originally posted by joey82:
Worst Mock Draft Ever

#1) A corner going #1 overall for the first time in history
#2) Julio Jones at #6
#3) Jake Locker as the 1st QB off the board
#4) QB desperate teams like Ari & Minn not taking QBs

I could go on... but whats the point. I think too many people drafted based on their biases instead of what was logical for their team.

I understand drafts have surprises and head scrathers but this is getting ridiculous. Four extremely questionable decisions in the first 12 picks. IMO this is a mockery of a mock.

lol I agree

yeahh this mock is ehhh

If this years draft went this way so far I would quit watching the draft all together.
I may of made a mistake, is there anyone with the name 49er4life?

I cant find him in the members search.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Boo hoo, its January and nobdy knows where these Quarterbacks are going to go, they all have ? Marks. We should have waited on this mock draft since the draft order isnt even set til after Super Bowl and a little more evauating has been done.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

Ill pick it for you
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:

Ill pick it for you

sure, sounds good.

Ill pick it for you

sure, sounds good.

ok gimme like 5 mins

Ill pick it for you

sure, sounds good.

ok gimme like 5 mins

ok sounds good.
With the 16th pick in the NFL draft the Jaguars select...

Von Miller
DE
Texas A&M
4-3 DE at 235 lbs? Tampa 2 D wouldn't even touch that.

Originally posted by oldman9er:

I think he will be switched to OLB in the NFL. Jags need help on D and drafting a CB right hear would be a reach which is what they need. I wanted to draft Julio Jones but I dont see the Jags going offense right here.

I agree. Not a great fit in Jacksonville. Miller will be drafted in the first round but it will be by a team that uses a 3-4 defense and in need of a great outside pass rusher. Like the Niners for example.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

I agree. Not a great fit in Jacksonville. Miller will be drafted in the first round but it will be by a team that uses a 3-4 defense and in need of a great outside pass rusher. Like the Niners for example.

like I said he will play OLB as well. Yeah he is a better 3-4 fit and his size is no different than Xavier Adibi, Chad Greenway, and Clint Sessions. All those guys are 4-3 prospects.
With most of the RB's on their active roster set to become free agents, and the CBA making any and all resignings an uncertainty, plus two more picks in the top 35, the Pats have the luxury of going BPA and shoring up their RB position.

Plus, as their loss to the Jets showed, Brady could use some help on offense and a dynamic running game would certainly be a major asset when those physical playoff games come around.

With all that in mind, New England is proud to select the 2009 Heisman Trophy winner, Alabama RB, Mark Ingram.

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

like I said he will play OLB as well. Yeah he is a better 3-4 fit and his size is no different than Xavier Adibi, Chad Greenway, and Clint Sessions. All those guys are 4-3 prospects.

Yeah, that makes more sense. I also see him as a 4-3 backer. Lots of talking heads have him at 240-ish and the next Dumervil, but I'm not at all convinced.

I think that's a good pick by the Patriots also. They have enough picks to go for value there with Ingram.
Share 49ersWebzone