There are 143 users in the forums

Which "elite" players will fall?

We should all know by now that the mock drafts in January look nothing like the actual draft in April. Every year, players that are considered top 10 picks around this time drop by the time the draft comes around.

So which of the players that are considered "elite" right now will be actually taken much later than anticipated?

I think it'll be Robert Quinn from UNC, he seems to be in the top 10 of every mock draft. There's a lot of good DE/OLBs in this draft, so one of them will inevitably fall. Plus he was suspended this season, and I just don't think he's all that great anyways.
Quinn might be the guy to fall some but I dont see how you can say he isnt that great anyway. The kid put up amazing numbers in 09 and has the size and speed to excel as a pass rusher. Those guys usually go high in the draft.

Peterson could fall a bit as most seem to think he will go 2nd to Denver. Cornerbacks are so rarely taken that high and it isnt out of possibilty that he could fall a few slots. I really doubt any of the "elite" prospects falls more than 3-4 spots.
Can you give us more specifics on what you don't like about Quinn, rather than just saying, "I don't think he's that great?"

There are seven elite players:

Fairley
Green
Peterson
Quinn
Bowers
Amukamura
Dareus

Of those, 1 or 2 could fall out of the first round. The most likely candidates are Amukamura and Quinn. There are concerns about Amukamura's speed and Quinn missed the whole season with a suspension...and he had a brain tumor.

Most mocks have Dareus or Amukamura available to us at #7...in mock drafts with a QB going in the top 6, both of them are usually available.

Dareus should be the pick if he is there and we don't go QB...a high value is put on 3-4 ends that can play the 5-technique...think of Tyson Jackson's value 2 years ago. The gap between landing a good corner and a great corner is much smaller.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by nickbradley:

Fairley
Green
Peterson
Quinn
Bowers
Amukamura
Dareus

Of those, 1 or 2 could fall out of the first round. The most likely candidates are Amukamura and Quinn. There are concerns about Amukamura's speed and Quinn missed the whole season with a suspension...and he had a brain tumor.

Most mocks have Dareus or Amukamura available to us at #7...in mock drafts with a QB going in the top 6, both of them are usually available.

Dareus should be the pick if he is there and we don't go QB...a high value is put on 3-4 ends that can play the 5-technique...think of Tyson Jackson's value 2 years ago. The gap between landing a good corner and a great corner is much smaller.

One of these eight will be on our roster come next season:

Fairley
Green
Peterson
Quinn
Bowers
Amukamura
Dareus
Gabbert

Pretty stoked about that.

Would be happy with any of them at #7.

Fairley
Green
Peterson
Quinn
Bowers
Amukamura
Dareus

Fall out of the first round completely? That isnt happening. They could fall out of the top 10 depending on what happens with the QB's in this draft. The teams at the top need QBS and if they fall in love with Newton, Gabbert, Locker, or even Mallett that could result in a slight fall for Quinn or Prince. Slight - not out of round 1.
Originally posted by okdkid:

Fairley
Green
Peterson
Quinn
Bowers
Amukamura
Dareus

Fairley
Green
Peterson
Quinn
Bowers
Amukamura
Dareus
Gabbert

Sure. I'd take any of them. If Harbaugh wants Gabbert then I'd be stoked about the pick. I think you can safely take Peterson, Fairley, and Bowers out of the mix for the Niners.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

Fairley
Green
Peterson
Quinn
Bowers
Amukamura
Dareus

Fairley
Green
Peterson
Quinn
Bowers
Amukamura
Dareus
Gabbert

Sure. I'd take any of them. If Harbaugh wants Gabbert then I'd be stoked about the pick. I think you can safely take Peterson, Fairley, and Bowers out of the mix for the Niners.

I think Gabbert will be gone but I wouldn't mind him being the pick. I'd love to have 1 of Amukamara, Dareus, or Quinn on our team. This is assuming the 3 you listed are out of the mix.
hopefully one of the "elite" players falls out of the top 10............... when we pick them at 7

Fairley
Green
Peterson
Quinn
Bowers
Amukamura
Dareus

Fairley
Green
Peterson
Quinn
Bowers
Amukamura
Dareus
Gabbert

Goobbert is not an elite player.

Fairley
Green
Peterson
Quinn
Bowers
Amukamura
Dareus

Prince will not get past Dallas
Share 49ersWebzone