There are 44 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

If Tebow is on the Trading Block (He May Be), Would you trade for him?

If Tebow is on the Trading Block (He May Be), Would you trade for him?

There have been a couple stories out there that new Sr VP John Elway does not want to move forward with Tim Tebow...I think Peter King Reported on it.

And with John Fox now as Head Coach, I'm not really sure who is supposed to coach him...he is a guy that needs a lot of coaching from a quarterback guru.

So the question is: would you trade a second round pick to Denver for Tim Tebow? I think Jim Harbaugh could work wonders with him.
Obviously it depends on the deal and if we sign or draft another QB but in certain circumstances I wouldnt oppose it.
Originally posted by Sjceruti:
Obviously it depends on the deal and if we sign or draft another QB but in certain circumstances I wouldnt oppose it.

Let's say the deal is for our second-rounder...that sounds reasonable to me. Would you do it?
Quote:
"I had a great relationship with Coach Fox throughout the entire draft process and got to know him quite a bit," Tebow said shortly after the hiring of Fox was announced Thursday. "I'm very excited for him to be my head coach, and I'm looking forward to working with him.

Quote:
"I had dinner with the young man in Gainesville during the evaluation process, and I know he'll do whatever it takes to be a great player," Fox said Wednesday. "He's got a lot of the intangibles I look for. Where that goes it's hard to predict. He's in the developmental stage for sure. But I think he has the makings to be as good as he wants to be."

Quote:
As Elway has put it: "What I see is, (Tebow is) very raw when it comes down to drops, he's very raw when it comes down to anticipation. He's very raw when it comes down to anticipating throws. Those are the things that he has to get a lot better at. He's got the intangibles. He's going to make the plays that you can't coach. But he's got to be able to, for us to win a championship, he's got to win it from within the pocket."

And from Elways's twitter :

Quote:
To clarify my thoughts on Tim Tebow... I think he's a very good football player, and if anyone can turn themselves into a great QB, Tim can.

Quote:
Myself and our entire organization think very highly of him. We are pleased with his first year as a Bronco.

Quote:
Any speculation that the Denver Broncos are considering moving Tim is completely false.

It's either a whole lot of backpedaling or there was a misunderstanding, either way sounds like Denver is not moving Tebow.

For a guy in Denver who has said he is in the know about the Broncos you certainly haven't been paying attention to what they have been doing/saying over the last week (Elways twitter comments were from the 8th) or what Fox said to the media upon his hire.

Can we this up now ?
ya'll too are like next door neighbors that just can't get along but keep bothering each other.

And I can't see them trading Tebow already. Just makes no sense. and if he wee on the trading block i wouldn't want him.
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Quote:
"I had a great relationship with Coach Fox throughout the entire draft process and got to know him quite a bit," Tebow said shortly after the hiring of Fox was announced Thursday. "I'm very excited for him to be my head coach, and I'm looking forward to working with him.

Quote:
"I had dinner with the young man in Gainesville during the evaluation process, and I know he'll do whatever it takes to be a great player," Fox said Wednesday. "He's got a lot of the intangibles I look for. Where that goes it's hard to predict. He's in the developmental stage for sure. But I think he has the makings to be as good as he wants to be."

Quote:
As Elway has put it: "What I see is, (Tebow is) very raw when it comes down to drops, he's very raw when it comes down to anticipation. He's very raw when it comes down to anticipating throws. Those are the things that he has to get a lot better at. He's got the intangibles. He's going to make the plays that you can't coach. But he's got to be able to, for us to win a championship, he's got to win it from within the pocket."

Quote:
To clarify my thoughts on Tim Tebow... I think he's a very good football player, and if anyone can turn themselves into a great QB, Tim can.

Quote:
Myself and our entire organization think very highly of him. We are pleased with his first year as a Bronco.

Quote:
Any speculation that the Denver Broncos are considering moving Tim is completely false.

It's either a whole lot of backpedaling or there was a misunderstanding, either way sounds like Denver is not moving Tebow.

For a guy in Denver who has said he is in the know about the Broncos you certainly haven't been paying attention to what they have been doing/saying over the last week (Elways twitter comments were from the 8th) or what Fox said to the media upon his hire.

Can we this up now ?

lol
  • sfout
  • Veteran
^^ best post EVER! This was probably the worst thread for FA possible; Tebow isn't on the block and you are actually reading into Elway's ramblings on twitter, Shame on you.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Can we this up now ?

lol

Originally posted by valrod33:
f**k the broncos
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Can we this up now ?

You never know what the front office is up to -- they made comments that there was no way they were going to trade cutler after the Matt Cassel rumors started...same with Marshall.

The poll was asking if niner fans would want Tebow IF he is available. What's the F-ing harm in asking that? You have some serious mod-envy...
Originally posted by sfout:
^^ best post EVER! This was probably the worst thread for FA possible; Tebow isn't on the block and you are actually reading into Elway's ramblings on twitter, Shame on you.

"If" "If" "If" Tebow is on the trading block -- of course he isn't on the block yet...but he could be soon...I wouldn't be shocked. I don't know how many times John fox said 'raw' and 'undeveloped' to describe Tebow yesterday.

You don't think Fox would want Orton to be his Jake Delhomme in Denver?
[ Edited by nickbradley on Jan 14, 2011 at 8:02 AM ]
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Can we this up now ?

You never know what the front office is up to -- they made comments that there was no way they were going to trade cutler after the Matt Cassel rumors started...same with Marshall.

The poll was asking if niner fans would want Tebow IF he is available. What's the F-ing harm in asking that? You have some serious mod-envy...

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=149660

and

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=151264
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Can we this up now ?

and

The first one discussed a release and the other one was in NFL talk linked to the SI article with no discussion of the 49ers. This is a poll. Again, you are not a Mod.
[ Edited by nickbradley on Jan 14, 2011 at 8:05 AM ]
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Can we this up now ?

and

The first one discussed a release and the other one was in NFL talk linked to the SI article with no discussion of the 49ers. This is a poll. Again, you are not a Mod.

Both discuss acquiring Tebow and people are giving their opinions....the released one is most relevant considering if he was released and people are saying no, what do you think they will say to trading for him.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Can we this up now ?

and

Both discuss acquiring Tebow and people are giving their opinions....the released one is most relevant considering if he was released and people are saying no, what do you think they will say to trading for him.

I don't read NFL Talk -- I'm focused on the Niners. And with all the talk of a QB of the future on this draft board, I felt the discussion was relevant.

New regimes mean new quarterbacks, don't they?
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sfout:

"If" "If" "If" Tebow is on the trading block -- of course he isn't on the block yet...but he could be soon...I wouldn't be shocked. I don't know how many times John fox said 'raw' and 'undeveloped' to describe Tebow yesterday.

You don't think Fox would want Orton to be his Jake Delhomme in Denver?

And he still drafted Clausen and Pike last year, he clearly has no problem with young QBs and trust me, if he traded Tebow he would have to get a very nice return to make it look good. Every good coach needs a backup plan and if Orton fails or gets hurt the people in Denver would rather see Tebow then Quinn. Quinn by the way probably has more trade value even though he didn't play last year. He has more in-game experience then Tebow, needs very little mechanics work compared to Tebow and is hungry to start again. Definitely more of an upside when dealing with QB needy teams like AZ....