There are 217 users in the forums

49erFaithful6 Mock Top 7

1. Carolina - AJ Green / WR Georgia
Aging Steve Smith needs help badly. Jimmy Clausen even more so. Green is the complete package; size, speed, and hands.

2. Denver - Nick Fairley / DT Auburn
Incoming Coach Fox knows the importance of great d-line play.

3. Buffalo - Cam Newton / QB Auburn
Newton's measureables blow away the Bills. Newton gives them legit star power and a franchise QB.

4. Cincinnati - Da'Quan Bowers / DE Clemson
Next Julius Peppers?

5. Arizona - Blaine Gabbert / QB Missouri
The NFC West gets stronger with another quality QB as the Cards draft for need.

6. Cleveland - Julio Jones / WR Alabama
A playmaking WR to aid the development of Colt McCoy

7. San Francisco - Patrick Peterson / CB/KR LSU
Big, fast corner who can make a difference in the return game as well.

Really considered Mallett or Locker at #7. If Harbaugh's sold on either of them then I think they pull the trigger and pass up Peterson.
i dont understand how Bowers is similar to Peppers.
Originally posted by jojomellon:

Both top draft prospects from the ACC who played there college ball in the Carolinas. Bowers is 6'4 280lbs, Peppers 6'7 283 lbs. Both are pass rush experts with high sack totals. Bowers has been compared to Strahan as well.
i dont see how the cards could not go with peterson in this scenario. they want a receiver next to fitz to make him happy but also need qb and cb. whisenhunt is starting to feel the job security itch and probably wont start a rookie qb or draft one to develop because if what he has doesnt pan out he might be out the door
Bills fans will drag GM Buddy Bix into the street and have him publicly shot if he drafts Cam Newton at #3.
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Bills fans will drag GM Buddy Bix into the street and have him publicly shot if he drafts Cam Newton at #3.

And Newton would beg the NCAA to let him play one more year. The Buffalo Bills: proof that God has a sense of humor.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by jojomellon:

Both top draft prospects from the ACC who played there college ball in the Carolinas. Bowers is 6'4 280lbs, Peppers 6'7 283 lbs. Both are pass rush experts with high sack totals. Bowers has been compared to Strahan as well.

I agree with this assessment.
Share 49ersWebzone