There are 212 users in the forums

Just saw some updated mocks

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
We need a QB more. Without that we are dead in the water once more.

Don't need a QB enough to take a 3rd round talent in the 1st round though! I like our chances at QB with Harbaugh at HC.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
I will tell ya once, Kiper, McShay, Scott Wright are TERRIBLE, please visit fan made sites, like mine, draftwachers.com

We are not one to go with the hot guy, we go with what we believe, not what experts or so called exerts say.

Thanks for the site address, great site! Been reading the zone for years but never clued into your site. So...you've been thinking CB for quite a while!
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by nickbradley:
I think WalterFootball.com does the best mock out there, and he just removed QBs from the Top 9 as well. Gabbert goes 10, Cam goes 12, and Locker goes 15.

I think Gabbert, Locker, and Mallet all have the potential to go in the Top 10 when all is said and done. Locker and Mallet could take of like rockets after the combine and pro days.

Yea that is the main one I look at. I didn't even look at ESPN during my most recent perusing, We need a QB yes, but when all 10 big name qbs are considered "developmental" even Gabbert and Mallet, there is no reason to waste our #7 pick on a QB that will sit on the bench for probably an entire season when we could get guys like Dareaus, Quinn, Amukamara with our #7 pick and go after Dalton, Devlin, or Stanzi on Day 2. It wouldn't make a lot of sense to reach for QB that badly, Luck was the only surefire NFL ready QB and everyone else who takes a QB in the first now would be reaching because they don't think they can land a decent veteran via FA or trade. I have faith that the 9ers/Harbaugh would be able to entice a quality QB here, especially if we can concretely tell him he will start for an entire year if not more.
Originally posted by nickbradley:
I think WalterFootball.com does the best mock out there, and he just removed QBs from the Top 9 as well. Gabbert goes 10, Cam goes 12, and Locker goes 15.

I think Gabbert, Locker, and Mallet all have the potential to go in the Top 10 when all is said and done. Locker and Mallet could take of like rockets after the combine and pro days.

Every year this happens, like clock work. These four QBs, Gabbert, Newton, Mallett and even Locker will all be hyped and over valued by the time the draft rolls around. In addition, we have some QB needy teams out there who may see one of these as their savior. Can all four go top 10? Maybe not unless they do well during this eval period.

I hope at least one goes top seven to Buffalo or Arizona and Gabbert would be the one that does, IMO. That way we get another defensive player dropping down to us.
I completely trust Harbaugh's QB scouting ability. After hearing of his write ups with previous QBs in the draft, it sounds like he has the uncanny ability to find that 'diamond in the rough.' If he thinks Cam is the guy then I will trust his judgement. However, we better get someone like McNabb in here to show him the ropes. If he wants a developmental talent and coincides that by bringing in a vet to help mold the young man, I'm for it.

However, I believe we can get someone in the later rounds that can have just as much of an impact as some of these projected 1st QB picks. I also believe that this is ultimately going to be what Jimmy sees as well and will act accordingly.

Once the CBA lifts, we need a veteran regardless of who we draft in April.
Share 49ersWebzone