There are 190 users in the forums

Just saw some updated mocks

• sfout
  • Veteran
And thankfully most have become intelligent in a matter of days, no QB is slated to go in the top 9 on most of them but: Gabbert, Newton, and Locker all go in the 10, 13, 15 slots but I am just thankful that people are looking at our team and realizing we need an impact defensive player.
[ Edited by sfout on Jan 13, 2011 at 9:52 PM ]
probably just Luck. Most of these pros don't put a lot of thought into their mocks. Better off looking at webzone stuff.
Originally posted by sfout:
And thankfully most have become intelligent in a matter of days, no QB is slated to go in the top 9 on most of them but: Gabbert, Newton, and Locker all go in the 10, 13, 15 slots but I am just thankful that people are looking at our team and realizing we need an impact defensive player.

I agree that we need an impact CB and edge pass rusher. However the D is much better than the O at this point and the 9ers are desperate for a QB.

I think alot hinges on the CBA, if it gets done prior to the draft the 9ers have the ability to sign/trade for a vet QB and thus would be less likely to reach for a QB in round 1.
I will tell ya once, Kiper, McShay, Scott Wright are TERRIBLE, please visit fan made sites, like mine, draftwachers.com

We are not one to go with the hot guy, we go with what we believe, not what experts or so called exerts say.
We need a QB more. Without that we are dead in the water once more.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Agree

which is exactly why we will not draft Locker, Cam Newton or any of those other scrubs. Stanzi FTW!!!

Free Agency > Draft - For an player who will come in right away and make an impact.
Draft > Free Agenct - For that QB that will eventually be that star.

Thus, I believe we can find that Franchise QB in the 2nd round. No need wasting another first round pick. Get Prince.
Originally posted by backontop:

which is exactly why we will not draft Locker, Cam Newton or any of those other scrubs. Stanzi FTW!!!

Stanzi or McElroy hopefully...
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

McElroy?

Originally posted by WillistheWall:

Uh no...Stanzi
Originally posted by matt49er:
Originally posted by sfout:

I agree that we need an impact CB and edge pass rusher. However the D is much better than the O at this point and the 9ers are desperate for a QB.

I think alot hinges on the CBA, if it gets done prior to the draft the 9ers have the ability to sign/trade for a vet QB and thus would be less likely to reach for a QB in round 1.

All the more reason they should take a deep breath and resist the urge to dump all their chips on red and hope for a lucky spin of the wheel. All the QBs in this draft are damaged goods or developmental products, and undoubtedly some team or two is going to reach and probably regret it later. If the Niners trade back in the first round, one of the top 2-3 QBs in this draft might be worth a selection in the 20s. Otherwise (or even then) they may be better off getting the BPA(s) that will help them defend against the pass.

Don't count on the CBA getting settled before late summer. The Niners will probably overpay (in $$$, not draft picks) for an unrestricted free agent to tide them over for a year or two.
[ Edited by 49erThrowback on Jan 14, 2011 at 5:27 AM ]
I think WalterFootball.com does the best mock out there, and he just removed QBs from the Top 9 as well. Gabbert goes 10, Cam goes 12, and Locker goes 15.

I think Gabbert, Locker, and Mallet all have the potential to go in the Top 10 when all is said and done. Locker and Mallet could take of like rockets after the combine and pro days.

That's true, but not at #7this year given the cast of characters.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
I will tell ya once, Kiper, McShay, Scott Wright are TERRIBLE, please visit fan made sites, like mine, draftwachers.com

We are not one to go with the hot guy, we go with what we believe, not what experts or so called exerts say.

Sorry AB should have included your site along with webzone in my initial comment. Kudos.
Share 49ersWebzone