83. OG Stephen Schilling, Michigan
84. OLB Dontay Moch, Nevada
85. OLB Travis Lewis, Oklahoma
86. TE Zach Pianalto, North Carolina
87. WR DeAndre Brown, Southern Miss.
88. 4-3 DE Jabaal Sheard, Pittsburgh
89. DT Jurrell Casey, USC
90. OG Marcus Cannon, TCU

ever consider adding free agents to your big board so it was a big available board? It just be an interesting idea IMO.
Originally posted by strickac:
Did you accidentally hit shuffle on that list before posting it? It seems kind of odd, especially with the QBs so low.

nah, Im not high on any QB in this class as a 1st rd pick, My fav 2 are Devlin and Stanzi.

Gabbert, Mallett and Newton are garbage IMO, Locker is ehhh.

The only other one I like is Dalton, as a mid rd guy.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by strickac:
Did you accidentally hit shuffle on that list before posting it? It seems kind of odd, especially with the QBs so low.

nah, Im not high on any QB in this class as a 1st rd pick, My fav 2 are Devlin and Stanzi.

Gabbert, Mallett and Newton are garbage IMO, Locker is ehhh.

The only other one I like is Dalton, as a mid rd guy.

Can you give your pro and con's for Dalton, Devlin, and Stanzi? They are the three QB's that are the most interesting to me right now.

54. S Mark Barron, Alabama

Headed back so you might as well take him off the list buddy.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=6024826

Edit: I would agree with the poster that said I would be happy with any of the top 8 but I would exclude Clayborn. Not that high on him.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Jan 16, 2011 at 12:34 AM ]
Originally posted by mayo49:
If we could get Locker in the 2nd rd, I'd cream my pants.

An athletic QB with accuracy issues? Sounds like Smith to me.
I like it a lot. No over rated Gabbert. I vote trade down and aquire more 2nd and 3d rounders or a first next year so we have a chance of getting Luck if they bomb it. I hope theres a sucker out there on trade day. I think Harbaugh will be able to find and groom a qb in the later rounds that fits his system better anyway and resign alex smith as a stop gap. I still want to know what Alex Smiths qb rating was after Jimmy Raye was gone. Dude was amazing in the red zone last year. Either way I have faith in Harbaughs ability to evaluate a qb and if he supports alex I hope you guys wont boo him after his first bad throw and give the dude a chance.
Originally posted by Gore_21:

54. S Mark Barron, Alabama

Headed back so you might as well take him off the list buddy.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=6024826

Edit: I would agree with the poster that said I would be happy with any of the top 8 but I would exclude Clayborn. Not that high on him.

yeah stupid me for posting before the deadline, lol. I thought Barron would come out, but makes sense to stay, with him, Upshaw and Hightower there D will be really good in Alabama.

And yeah if we would get one of those top 7 of the 8(I dont see Clayborn as a 3-4 end) id be exstatic.
Originally posted by NTeply49:
I like it a lot. No over rated Gabbert. I vote trade down and aquire more 2nd and 3d rounders or a first next year so we have a chance of getting Luck if they bomb it. I hope theres a sucker out there on trade day. I think Harbaugh will be able to find and groom a qb in the later rounds that fits his system better anyway and resign alex smith as a stop gap. I still want to know what Alex Smiths qb rating was after Jimmy Raye was gone. Dude was amazing in the red zone last year. Either way I have faith in Harbaughs ability to evaluate a qb and if he supports alex I hope you guys wont boo him after his first bad throw and give the dude a chance.

thanks, and yeah I hope whoever is QB we dont hear the boo birds opening throw.

Seriously thats got to be one of the hardest things in the world. Playing under constant scrutiny under a microscope with some of the toughest fans in the world booing the s**t out of u first incompletion. Its like bringing Seattles 12th man to San Fran every week. AB, what do u think about Alex and should we bring him back? BTW love your posts, almost all of em lol

Seriously thats got to be one of the hardest things in the world. Playing under constant scrutiny under a microscope with some of the toughest fans in the world booing the s**t out of u first incompletion. Its like bringing Seattles 12th man to San Fran every week. AB, what do u think about Alex and should we bring him back? BTW love your posts, almost all of em lol

thanks NT, Im torn on Alex. I wouldnt mind as a backup, maybe Harbaugh can do something with him, but I dont know if 6 OC's in 6 yrs has done something to alex and his psyche.

thanks NT, Im torn on Alex. I wouldnt mind as a backup, maybe Harbaugh can do something with him, but I dont know if 6 OC's in 6 yrs has done something to alex and his psyche.

Torn is a good way to put it. Bring him back as a back up and when starter goes down i bet hed take control after watching from the sideline and learning. I respect the hell out of Smith cuz I dont know anyone that can take the kind of mental abuse hes taken from fans and media and still remain so positive.
AB

Do you have a top 10 Niner's Big Board or is that TBD?
Originally posted by CrunchE:
AB

Do you have a top 10 Niner's Big Board or is that TBD?

My personal Top 10 for us is as follows.

1. Patrick Peterson
2. Nick Fairley
3. A.J. Green
4. Marcell Dareus
5. Prince Amuamara
6. Robert Quinn
7. Adrian Clayborn
8. Akeem Ayers
9. Von Miller
10. Julio Jones

dark horses if we trade back.

Stefan Wisniewski
Aaron Williams
Jimmy Smith
Jeremy Beal
You dont even have WR Greg Salas on there.
First, Von Miller is way too low from what I have seen. The tape vs. Robert Quinn looks like Miller all the way. Am I missing something?
Share 49ersWebzone