LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 264 users in the forums

Ghost mocking - 1st round (part II)

Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by SF69ers:
I probably wouldn't pass on Mallett, Newton, Locker and even Julio Jones for Prince Amukamura. But that's just me. I think Harbaugh can develop one of those QB's. So pick the one he thinks is best. It's not Dingleberry and NoWin doing the developing. We have a good chance to make this work. Julio Jones is a stud. He reminds me of a young TO. Big, strong and fast. He knows how to use his body to shield defenders. Prince got burned this year. I feel he may be slightly overrated. The only CB I would take high is Patrick Peterson. If he's not there don't force the issue.

But the thing that strikes me the most is Carolina gets screwed...

Besides Justin Blackmon performing well against Prince, who else "burned" Prince this season? Honest question...

He was burned badly in that game and exposed. 5 for 157 and 2 TD's...

Blackmon burned everybody. If you watched him in the bowl game you'd know he shut down Washington's #1 Kearse. He shut down pretty much everyone he played besides Blackmon.

WA has garbage WR's. Locker was working with nothing but himself.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
I probably wouldn't pass on Mallett, Newton, Locker and even Julio Jones for Prince Amukamura. But that's just me. I think Harbaugh can develop one of those QB's. So pick the one he thinks is best. It's not Dingleberry and NoWin doing the developing. We have a good chance to make this work. Julio Jones is a stud. He reminds me of a young TO. Big, strong and fast. He knows how to use his body to shield defenders. Prince got burned this year. I feel he may be slightly overrated. The only CB I would take high is Patrick Peterson. If he's not there don't force the issue.

But the thing that strikes me the most is Carolina gets screwed...

Besides Justin Blackmon performing well against Prince, who else "burned" Prince this season? Honest question...

He was burned badly in that game and exposed. 5 for 157 and 2 TD's...

Blackmon burned everybody. If you watched him in the bowl game you'd know he shut down Washington's #1 Kearse. He shut down pretty much everyone he played besides Blackmon.

WA has garbage WR's. Locker was working with nothing but himself.

Still haven't answered my question, SD.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by krizay:
No way Von Miller drops past Miami and #15 and no way St. Loius spends a 1st round pick on WR with Clayton and Avery on the roster.

Miami has Wake and drafted Koa Misi last yr that showed promise this past season. The Rams have good receivers but none of them are #1 type receivers.

I assumed it would get construed that I meant Miami would take him. Which they very likely could but... the reason I added the #15 was I don't see him falling past #15 Whether Miami stays at #15 and selects him or He goes ahead of the #15 spot.
No way Von Miller drops past Miami and #15 and no way St. Loius spends a 1st round pick on WR with Clayton and Avery on the roster.

Miami has Wake and drafted Koa Misi last yr that showed promise this past season. The Rams have good receivers but none of them are #1 type receivers.

I assumed it would get construed that I meant Miami would take him. Which they very likely could but... the reason I added the #15 was I don't see him falling past #15 Whether Miami stays at #15 and selects him or He goes ahead of the #15 spot.

OK i get it now.
Prince vs. Blackmon

• krizay
  • Veteran

OK i get it now.

If Houston does indeed go to a 3-4 with Wade Philips. I don't see him going past the Texans @ #11

A lot can change, but I think Miller's size (or lack thereof) will hurt him. Houston might consider him, but if Wade Phillips has a say in the type of OLB the Texans draft, my sense he'll go for someone with a little more heft. But like I said, it's early and so much can change.
Prince vs. Blackmon

Toast all day long...

OK i get it now.

If Houston does indeed go to a 3-4 with Wade Philips. I don't see him going past the Texans @ #11

True, but I can see Houston going for a bigger pass rushing OLB like Ryan Kerrigan.
Prince vs. Blackmon

Toast all day long...

Yea, that's the one game that stands out. I don't remember any other games where Prince was beat that often.

Blackmon made Prince look silly earlier this year. I don't know how well Prince will do against the bigger recievers in the league.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran

Maybe I'm reading it all wrong, but St. Louis could definitely take a WR. Clayton and Avery are just about #2's. They can recognize that they wanna surround Bradford with the best players they can.
Ryan Williams over Mark Ingram?

Wooo!!! Yes yes.. I hopeful 49ers must a grab to Mark Ingram plssss... He is the best run back!
UMMM

Exactly how poorly do you project Mark Ingram to do in the combine? I mean seriously? Ryan Williams over Mark Ingram? Ryan Williams isn't even on the same level as LeShoure let alone Mark Ingram.

What have you seen that would possibly lead you to believe such a silly thought? Ryan Williams is a 3rd round rb AT BEST.
Originally posted by SWAGG-ER:
UMMM

Exactly how poorly do you project Mark Ingram to do in the combine? I mean seriously? Ryan Williams over Mark Ingram? Ryan Williams isn't even on the same level as LeShoure let alone Mark Ingram.

What have you seen that would possibly lead you to believe such a silly thought? Ryan Williams is a 3rd round rb AT BEST.

It's just a mock; no need to be an ass about it.
Share 49ersWebzone