There are 191 users in the forums

Ghost mocking - 1st round (part II)

Ghost, I believe the real question mark is Denver. Once they get a new HC, I can see them getting a different DC than Martindale who used a 3-4. If they go 4-3. I can see them taking either Fairley if Car doesn't pick him, Dareus or Bowers.

If Car picks up a solid FA like Orton, I can see them go Green. If that is the case, Fairley would be a great start to Denver's new 4-3, no? Again, pure speculation on my part about the 4-3, but that is the only way Peterson is not picked by Denver, IMO.

Car-Green
Den-Fairley
Buf-Gabbert
Cin-Bowers
AZ-Quinn
Cle-Dareus
SF...Peterson?

I will stop making a fool of myself now...
Originally posted by krizay:
No way Von Miller drops past Miami and #15 and no way St. Loius spends a 1st round pick on WR with Clayton and Avery on the roster.

Miami has Wake and drafted Koa Misi last yr that showed promise this past season. The Rams have good receivers but none of them are #1 type receivers.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
I would be very surprised if Buffalo passed on the opportunity to draft Bowers or Green at #3 and would be VERY surprised if they took Gabbert at #6. Fitzpatrick did very well for the team and I just think they may have bigger needs. Plus, Andrew Luck will be in next yr's draft and this team could contend for that spot.

I think Cleveland will select Dareus at #6 as he will be by far the best player on the board at that spot. Just cant see him falling to Dallas at #9.

The Niners pick will be one of these 3... Quinn, Prince, or Gabbert. I would be very surprised at this point if it was anyone else unless they trade up or down.

Yah, see I don't think Fitzpatrick did very well. He may not have sucked nearly as bad as Edwards did, but he's in the bottom 3rd in QB passer rating, was even worse than McNabb in terms of completion % and was pretty close in terms of overall stats to Alex Smith.

Sure, that's not horrible...but he's not a real long-term solution either (especially if he goes down), and I think most people would agree with that. That said, anything is possible (especially if they upgrade the QB position via trade/free agency) and I could definitely see them adding to their defense this year.
[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Jan 13, 2011 at 11:57 AM ]
Originally posted by ninertico:
Ghost, I believe the real question mark is Denver. Once they get a new HC, I can see them getting a different DC than Martindale who used a 3-4. If they go 4-3. I can see them taking either Fairley if Car doesn't pick him, Dareus or Bowers.

If Car picks up a solid FA like Orton, I can see them go Green. If that is the case, Fairley would be a great start to Denver's new 4-3, no? Again, pure speculation on my part about the 4-3, but that is the only way Peterson is not picked by Denver, IMO.

Car-Green
Den-Fairley
Buf-Gabbert
Cin-Bowers
AZ-Quinn
Cle-Dareus
SF...Peterson?

I will stop making a fool of myself now...

Yes, this is all subject to change...and creating a mock so far away from the draft and without a CBA in place (no free agency, no trades, etc.) is foolishness, to be honest. But I had nothing else better to do today.
I would be very surprised if Buffalo passed on the opportunity to draft Bowers or Green at #3 and would be VERY surprised if they took Gabbert at #6. Fitzpatrick did very well for the team and I just think they may have bigger needs. Plus, Andrew Luck will be in next yr's draft and this team could contend for that spot.

I think Cleveland will select Dareus at #6 as he will be by far the best player on the board at that spot. Just cant see him falling to Dallas at #9.

The Niners pick will be one of these 3... Quinn, Prince, or Gabbert. I would be very surprised at this point if it was anyone else unless they trade up or down.

I agree, I think Buffalo has found their Rich Gannon...and their D is absolutely dreadful...especially up front.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

Yah, see I don't think Fitzpatrick did very well. He may not have sucked nearly as bad as Edwards did, but he's in the bottom 3rd in QB passer rating, was even worse than McNabb in terms of completion % and was pretty close in terms of overal stats with Alex Smith.

Sure, that's not horrible...but he's not a real solution either, and I think most people would agree with that. That said, anything is possible and I could definitely see them adding to their defense this year.

OK.. Very well was a stretch. I think he did a good job considering the lack of talent he had around him. QB rating can be deceiving I think. He did have a better rating than Sam Bradford though!

I think this team has bigger needs at this point than QB. They may go the direction of Gabbert but it would surprise me. I think sticking at #3 and selecting Bowers would be the best call for them.

Yah, see I don't think Fitzpatrick did very well. He may not have sucked nearly as bad as Edwards did, but he's in the bottom 3rd in QB passer rating, was even worse than McNabb in terms of completion % and was pretty close in terms of overal stats with Alex Smith.

Sure, that's not horrible...but he's not a real solution either, and I think most people would agree with that. That said, anything is possible and I could definitely see them adding to their defense this year.

OK.. Very well was a stretch. I think he did a good job considering the lack of talent he had around him. QB rating can be deceiving I think. He did have a better rating than Sam Bradford though!

I think this team has bigger needs at this point than QB. They may go the direction of Gabbert but it would surprise me. I think sticking at #3 and selecting Bowers would be the best call for them.

I think when Roscoe Parrish went down, so did his %'s....although they did turn out to have found an up and comer WR in Steve Johnson to go along with Lee Evans.
Originally posted by ninerlifer:

I think when Roscoe Parrish went down, so did his %'s....although they did turn out to have found an up and comer WR in Steve Johnson to go along with Lee Evans.

and of course playing in the AFC East doesnt help either.
I probably wouldn't pass on Mallett, Newton, Locker and even Julio Jones for Prince Amukamura. But that's just me. I think Harbaugh can develop one of those QB's. So pick the one he thinks is best. It's not Dingleberry and NoWin doing the developing. We have a good chance to make this work. Julio Jones is a stud. He reminds me of a young TO. Big, strong and fast. He knows how to use his body to shield defenders. Prince got burned this year. I feel he may be slightly overrated. The only CB I would take high is Patrick Peterson. If he's not there don't force the issue.

But the thing that strikes me the most is Carolina gets screwed...
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I probably wouldn't pass on Mallett, Newton, Locker and even Julio Jones for Prince Amukamura. But that's just me. I think Harbaugh can develop one of those QB's. So pick the one he thinks is best. It's not Dingleberry and NoWin doing the developing. We have a good chance to make this work. Julio Jones is a stud. He reminds me of a young TO. Big, strong and fast. He knows how to use his body to shield defenders. Prince got burned this year. I feel he may be slightly overrated. The only CB I would take high is Patrick Peterson. If he's not there don't force the issue.

Besides Justin Blackmon performing well against Prince, who else "burned" Prince this season? Honest question...

Originally posted by SF69ers:

Besides Justin Blackmon performing well against Prince, who else "burned" Prince this season? Honest question...

He was burned badly in that game and exposed. 5 for 157 and 2 TD's...

Blackmon burned everybody. If you watched him in the bowl game you'd know he shut down Washington's #1 Kearse. He shut down pretty much everyone he played besides Blackmon.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
solid!

Ok, that's one game. I asked who else besides Justin Blackmon performed well against him.

Darrelle Revis was beat a few times at Pitt. Not every corner will be perfect.
I can live with this, but I don't think Cle moves up.
Share 49ersWebzone