There are 178 users in the forums

Build for the future Mock

Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
I agree that Locker isn't a good QB. Never said he was. Look at what I said: he has elite skills- footwork, arm, accuracy, calm under pressure, speed, size, strength, mobility-things you can't teach. He is not a good QB. This is obvious. I also stated that were it not for Harbaugh, I wouldn't even consider him. If Singletary was our coach it would spell disaster. Unlike Alex, Locker has the benefit of a competent QB coach. Harbaugh can develope him. Locker is incomparable to Josh Johnson, who Harbaugh turned into a legit player. This guy's talent and intangibles are through the roof, and our new HC is the right guy to develope the talent into on-the-field productivity.

You say he is not good twice yet you wanna take him 7th overall?

You did read the rest of that, right? It's not hard to understand what I'm saying. I'll translate: Locker raw, but ceiling ridiculous. Harbaugh good coach to QB
I agree that Locker isn't a good QB. Never said he was. Look at what I said: he has elite skills- footwork, arm, accuracy, calm under pressure, speed, size, strength, mobility-things you can't teach. He is not a good QB. This is obvious. I also stated that were it not for Harbaugh, I wouldn't even consider him. If Singletary was our coach it would spell disaster. Unlike Alex, Locker has the benefit of a competent QB coach. Harbaugh can develope him. Locker is incomparable to Josh Johnson, who Harbaugh turned into a legit player. This guy's talent and intangibles are through the roof, and our new HC is the right guy to develope the talent into on-the-field productivity.

Yea I don't get that either.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran

You did read the rest of that, right? It's not hard to understand what I'm saying. I'll translate: Locker raw, but ceiling ridiculous. Harbaugh good coach to QB

Sorry, you don't take guys purely based on potential 7th overall. Those are guys you wait until the 3rd round and beyond.
Originally posted by SF69ers:

Please see above for simple explanation. Vick, btw, was not a good QB coming out of college, but proved that he can be, with good coaching
I would love to have your qb depth chart f Locker, T. Smith and T. Edwards.

I disagree on the second round picks Picking in the top 40 you can get round 1 talent for 2nd round price. I would be up for trading the 3rd for a 2 next year. Or a 4th for a 3rd next year,

Please see above for simple explanation. Vick, btw, was not a good QB coming out of college, but proved that he can be, with good coaching

I support Jake Locker, but your explanation just doesn't seem to make sense.

You said this:
Quote:
he has elite skills- footwork, arm, accuracy, calm under pressure, speed, size, strength, mobility-things you can't teach

These attributes you praised all have to do with his QB abilities. Then all of a sudden you say "he is not a good QB". If he has all those attributes, you're basically saying he is a good QB.

You said this:
Quote:
he has elite skills- footwork, arm, accuracy, calm under pressure, speed, size, strength, mobility-things you can't teach

These attributes you praised all have to do with his QB abilities. Then all of a sudden you say "he is not a good QB". If he has all those attributes, you're basically saying he is a good QB.
No, because at the end of the day, its all about decision making. You can have great speed and a rocket arm but if you cant read a defense, you're nothing. Which is what Locker is.
Originally posted by jojomellon:

You said this:
Quote:

No, because at the end of the day, its all about decision making. You can have great speed and a rocket arm but if you cant read a defense, you're nothing. Which is what Locker is.

You do need all of that along with decision making, but if you're a good decision maker with no arm, that doesn't make you a good QB, right? I'm just saying, the listing he provided, says that Locker is a good QB. All college QBs need to work on decision making.

You said this:
Quote:

Going through progressions, reading defenses, planting feet, sitting in the pocket. Once he learns how to do these things, he will be a good QB, but these things are still very much so his weaknesses, making him not a good QB
Originally posted by jojomellon:

You said this:
Quote:

You do need all of that along with decision making, but if you're a good decision maker with no arm, that doesn't make you a good QB, right? I'm just saying, the listing he provided, says that Locker is a good QB. All college QBs need to work on decision making.
Eh, Some alot more than other. of course you need SOME physical skills. But Tom Brady was thought of to be one of the poorer athletes at the QB position which caused alot of his fall in the draft. Most every high end college QB has the physical skills, its the decision making that sets them apart as far as succeeding in the NFL.

Sorry but I have to say that Locker is not a top 10 QB. At best, a late round 1st. However, having watched him play in the few games I saw, he won't make a good pro. People have said alex smith reincarnated, I say Ryan Leaf reincarnated.
Originally posted by WildBill:
Sorry but I have to say that Locker is not a top 10 QB. At best, a late round 1st. However, having watched him play in the few games I saw, he won't make a good pro. People have said alex smith reincarnated, I say Ryan Leaf reincarnated.

I see no comparison whatsoever.

I don't either. Absolutely none. Lief failed because of attitude mostly, a department where Locker excels. WildBill, I'm going to have to disagree with your assessment of Locker's draft position, pro prospects, and DEFININETLY the Leaf comparisons

I don't either. Absolutely none. Lief failed because of attitude mostly, a department where Locker excels. WildBill, I'm going to have to disagree with your assessment of Locker's draft position, pro prospects, and DEFININETLY the Leaf comparisons

I doubt that he's watched Locker play.

all physical skills, no mental skills.
Share 49ersWebzone