LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 329 users in the forums

Jaquizz Rodgers

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=379208

Seen that he's entering the draft, first guy that comes to mind is MJD. Where does this guy fall in the draft? 2nd round? I like everything I see from him.

Seems like he'd be a perfect replacement for BW.
[ Edited by OtisDriftwood on Jan 12, 2011 at 7:39 PM ]
He's nowhere near MJD. More like Sproles. Not nearly big enough to be a workhorse, or a inside the tackle runner.

My guess is a mid-rounder ( 4th or 5th ).

He would be a nice change of pace back though.
Originally posted by mtminer:
He's nowhere near MJD. More like Sproles. Not nearly big enough to be a workhorse, or a inside the tackle runner.

well yeah 180 lbs. but very solid 180. at that point in the draft he'd be a must imo. Especially if there's no CBA and no news if BW would resign with us.

I enjoyed watching him play....he is a mid round guy though...and nothing like MJD...MJD has human torsos for legs....Rodgers just small branches.

I like him enough, but doubt we go for a RB if we keep all three of our current backs.
He's going to have to run like the wind to be anything more than a mid-round draftee. He's very small for a RB, but can be a change of pace back who adds return value.
Quizz has production that you can't ignore, but he obviously won't start in the NFL. He can't take the pounding. Sproles is about the same height, but far, far thicker. Quizz lacks McCluster like speed, so he likely won't be taken anywhere near the first two rounds. 4th at the highest for Rodgers.
  • bfree
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerlifer:

I enjoyed watching him play....he is a mid round guy though...and nothing like MJD...MJD has human torsos for legs....Rodgers just small branches.

I like him enough, but doubt we go for a RB if we keep all three of our current backs.

I go to school at OSU and see Quizz around campus on a fairly regular basis and in person his legs (particularly his calves since he is usually wearing baggy shorts) are ripped, not as much mass as MJD but very good definition and strength.

He plays a lot bigger than he looks, he can take a lot of hits and not get hurt. He was definitely a workhorse back here (250+ carries and around 300 overall touches every year). Having seen him play in person for the last 3 years I really hope the 9ers draft him. I dunno if there is a great comparison to someone in the NFL, he is different from most the people that he is normally compared to.

Edit: Quizz is the exact same size as Sproles (5-7, 190) MJD is the same high but has about 15 additional pounds.
[ Edited by bfree on Jan 12, 2011 at 8:02 PM ]
his name

I just jaquizzed all over.

so in the right role at a 4th or 5th round pick he'd be a steal. We all know they'll want gore to carry the load for the most part but with dixon as a power back and quizz as a scat back that would seem to round out our team. I think signing westbrook would be the better short term answer but I'd think its only 50-50 that westbrooks interested in returning.
Originally posted by bfree:
Originally posted by ninerlifer:

I go to school at OSU and see Quizz around campus on a fairly regular basis and in person his legs (particularly his calves since he is usually wearing baggy shorts) are ripped, not as much mass as MJD but very good definition and strength.

He plays a lot bigger than he looks, he can take a lot of hits and not get hurt. He was definitely a workhorse back here (250+ carries and around 300 overall touches every year). Having seen him play in person for the last 3 years I really hope the 9ers draft him. I dunno if there is a great comparison to someone in the NFL, he is different from most the people that he is normally compared to.

Edit: Quizz is the exact same size as Sproles (5-7, 190) MJD is the same high but has about 15 additional pounds.

Right on...Im sure he is ripped up...but not many can compare to MJD. Again I loved watching him and his brother play...when I did watch them.

• fan49
  • Veteran
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyNjOLEDDfM
Share 49ersWebzone