There are 165 users in the forums

2011 Draft Trade

How about we trade our 7th and 103rd overall for New Englands 17th and 32nd overall????? A real stretch, but could appeal to The Pats to be able to get a top 10 receiver to help them out!!!! THOUGHTS
[ Edited by rathman44 on Jan 12, 2011 at 1:05 PM ]
  • mod
  • Veteran
why would they do that... They can find some nobody from a Div II school in the 6th who will be just as good lol
who do you want to draft at 17 and 32
I would look for Cameron Jordan for a good size LDE at 17th, and Jimmy Smith CB at 32nd.
Originally posted by rathman44:
I would look for Cameron Jordan for a good size LDE at 17th, and Jimmy Smith CB at 32nd.

i like Smith but I'd rather have Prince or Peterson earlier in the 1st.
Originally posted by lamontb:

yeah just take Prince at 7
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by lamontb:

yeah just take Prince at 7

I am not sold on Prince, and I think that the difference between Prince and Jimmy is not all that much the biggest diff would be pay day!!!
How about we trade our 7th and 103rd overall for New Englands 17th and 32nd overall????? A real stretch, but could appeal to The Pats to be able to get a top 10 receiver to help them out!!!! THOUGHTS

New England already has the 33rd pick via Carolina (idiots), so let's call it a straight-up $17 and #33 for #7 -- dead even in the value chart.

If New England wants to make a play for Amukamura or Quinn at #7, and Harbaugh has identified a QB of the future in the second round (I'm looking at you, Ponder/Stanzi/Devlin) -- then we should execute. New England is gunning for a CB, a pass-rusher and (possibly) a running back. They would only execute this trade if they had confidence in getting Mark Ingram in the late-first round. It would be a win-win.

A dream draft would be to pull this trade off and still get Jake Locker at #17, get CB Jimmy Smith at #33, then take OLB Jeremy Beal at at #45.

That would be an NFL draft on scale with Bill Walsh circa 1986.
  • dj43
In every draft there are 5-8 "impact players," guys who force the other team to stay up nights game planning for them. Those players are typically found most often in the top 10. Therefore, when you have a chance to draft that high, you should take advantage of it. You don't trade out of it unless it is a deal YOU can't turn down from another team. If the only guy available at your spot is a position you don't need, then you trade down, however in the case of the 49ers with four high-need positions, it is an absolute certainty there will be an impact player available at #7 that will fill a need.
while i would love to get an extra essentially first whether its both of their firsts or the first pick in the second essentially a first as well....the pats almost always trade down and im not sure they even look to trade up

Share 49ersWebzone