There are 222 users in the forums

Fox Sports Mock Draft

Originally posted by communist:
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
Fairly at 22 is ridiculous....he failed there....Cardinals picking a D player and having Newton and Mallet and Gabbert being there instead is a head scratcher....

But people, Newton could very well be an option for us...especially once the draft gets closer and closer. If he declares of course. Dont discount Cam. Im just saying. Hell, Locker can be the pick at #7. A possible Franchise QB anywhere in the top ten trumps all....and there are 4 possible franchise QBs in this class.
no, it isnt...they already have a rookie in skelton. they need a solid vet...whisenhunt will be fired if he doesnt create sth special. and i dont that happening with gabbert, newton or mallett. nothing is impossible but i just dont see that.

OK. I hope you are right that AZ loves Skelton enough not to pick a QB at #5....that will be GREAT for us. But I gotta say that the 4 QBs in this draft are way better than Skelton.
Originally posted by lamontb:

Probably BPA. Plus when did having to many pass rushers become a problem? Niners got 4 situational pass rushers and the position still needs to be upgraded. You just trade a guy for more picks to bolster other positions if the situation warrants. Charles Johnson had one good year, and Everette Brown still hasn't produced. You don't pass on Bowers for that if you feel he's that special of a DE prospect. And you sure don't do it for Everette Brown. Plus it breeds competition with that position.
johnson is young, brown is young and everybody forgets about greg hardy in this discussion and that the panthers have a big hole at DT...and dont tell me that fairley is so far behind bowers in terms of bpa. their pass-rush is good enough AND young...if they wanna add another DE, they should grab a vet instead of another rookie.

Yea they are young but just b/c they are young you don't pass up on Bowers. Like the Niners wasting years of never drafting suitable OLB'ers b/c Manny and Parys are young. It's just one thought. It may happen or it might not but it is a draft and you can't talk in absolutes. I agree with you just giving you a perspective from a different angle on why they might got DE instead of DT.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by TMays_isaBEAST23:
That's an awful mock. If we pass up Fairley/Prince to take Newton at 7, I don't know what i'd do.

OK. I hope you are right that AZ loves Skelton enough not to pick a QB at #5....that will be GREAT for us. But I gotta say that the 4 QBs in this draft are way better than Skelton.
it's not about how good skelton is, it's about how much patience whisenhunt has...i assume that none of the 4 prospects could be a solid-good starter from day one. thus, this pick would be useless b/c if the cards suck another season, whisenhunt wll be fired...and THAT's why i think that the cards wont pick a QB with their first-rounder.

Yea they are young but just b/c they are young you don't pass up on Bowers. Like the Niners wasting years of never drafting suitable OLB'ers b/c Manny and Parys are young. It's just one thought. It may happen or it might not but it is a draft and you can't talk in absolutes. I agree with you just giving you a perspective from a different angle on why they might got DE instead of DT.
dont get me wrong, i do understand that the draft is sth special and anything can happen...
[ Edited by communist on Jan 12, 2011 at 11:50 AM ]

it's not about how good skelton is, it's about how much patience whisenhunt has...i assume that none of the 4 prospects could be a solid-good starter from day one. thus, this pick would be useless b/c if the cards suck another season, whisenhunt wll be fired...and THAT's why i think that the cards wont pick a QB with their first-rounder.

dont get me wrong, i do understand that the draft is sth special and anything can happen...

In that case. They will bring in a FA QB, possibly Alex Smith
Originally posted by Kolohe:
i dont understand why bowers should be picked by the panthers...they have three young and emerging DEs. i'm sorry but that guy doesnt have any knowledge...
von miller that high???
newton in top10?
fairley at #11?????????

the rest of the mock is very reasonable but the afromentioned picks are big headscratchers imo.

I know I said anythings possible when it comes to the draft, but Baalke should be fired ASAP. And someone from the Webzone should be hired to run the draft, cause at least none of us would be that stupid to pass on Fairley for Newton.

Von Miller in the Top 10??? And to Arizona of all places, can I have a show of hands of who'd select Von Miller over Robert Quinn???

Yea, I would not pass on Fairley for Jones.

Von Miller looks like a better pro prospect to me. Intangibles vs raw physical talent there.

In that case. They will bring in a FA QB, possibly Alex Smith
that's what i'm talking about...
pretty sh*tty mock if you ask me. Von Miller at #5??? Fairley at #11? I could see Julio Jones at #6, but why wouldn't they trade back and take him or Blackmon?
Cam Newton=
the cards have more needs than to draft von miller

no way we pass on prince for newton

2 wr in top 5

fairley at 11 and quinn all the way at 18

also why only do the top 20 picks unless waiting to see how the playoffs run out but still

Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by TMays_isaBEAST23:
That's an awful mock. If we pass up Fairley/Prince to take Newton at 7, I don't know what i'd do.
i wouldnt mind. i0 think harbaugh could make newton into a f**kin beast
Share 49ersWebzone