There are 310 users in the forums

ABs Mock OffSeason

I don't see us taking a WR that high just to set him 8th on the depth chart. We could use a 4th rounder on a Offensive Guard rather than a WR that isn't likely to contribute.

Other than that - bang up job as always. If I am just arguing to argue - then I might like a corner at 7 rather than a DT, because I think or chances of signing Nnamdi are slim to none and slim is fueling up the car.
Originally posted by Rathman_44:
I don't see us taking a WR that high just to set him 8th on the depth chart. We could use a 4th rounder on a Offensive Guard rather than a WR that isn't likely to contribute.

Other than that - bang up job as always. If I am just arguing to argue - then I might like a corner at 7 rather than a DT, because I think or chances of signing Nnamdi are slim to none and slim is fueling up the car.

I would like Jernigan to be a starter fairly soon. He is fast and quick, which is what the 9ers need. Both Morgan and Crabtree are ball control type WRs, not game breakers. In the 4th he woud be a really good pick. Another guard, along with Mankins? Don't see that.
If all that happens, I would be amazed. After the whole Nate Clements bust, I don't think the Niners are willing to make another CB the highest payed in the league.

Lawson just has not done enough to get that much money from us, especially since we are staying in the 3-4; he has proved to be inept in that scheme. Since we are staying in the 3-4, the likely hood that we let one of the best NTs against the run go, would shock me. Nobody on this roster is capable of becoming nearly as good as Franklin was, at least nobody has shown that.

Baas? No way we let him walk, he was our best lineman this year (according to the 49ers players and coaches). Not only that, Heitmann is getting up there in age and coming off a serious injury. As far as Sims go, he proved once again that he is a solid back up, and should most definitely be resigned.

Pretty good draft though. However, if AJ Green, Peterson, or Prince are available, take one of them.
[ Edited by TheG0RE49er on Jan 13, 2011 at 2:28 PM ]
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by Rathman_44:

I would like Jernigan to be a starter fairly soon. He is fast and quick, which is what the 9ers need. Both Morgan and Crabtree are ball control type WRs, not game breakers. In the 4th he woud be a really good pick. Another guard, along with Mankins? Don't see that.

With Mankins - No, but I am not sure that Mankins has a shared interest in us. Chilo is killing us and OG needs to be as big a concern as QB and CB in my opinion.
As far as Jernigan goes - I haven't seen a lot of him, but AB listed him 8th for WRs. I would rather us shoot for a sure-fire play maker at that position.
Share 49ersWebzone