LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 285 users in the forums

ABs Mock OffSeason

I want Nandi
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
I want Nandi
That safety situation would REALLY worry me.

I actually think poor safety play has made our CBs look bad for years, and key to not getting destroyed in the passing game is getting a real free safety.

But your plan seems to have us going backwards at that position rather than forwards.

Sorry to be negative, I like a lot of it. But I want an improved saftey position, not a weaker one.
Originally posted by ninertico:
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
I want Nandi

Lets just be clear every team in the NFL wants him he is the closest to D. Sanders we have seen since well D. Sanders.

I guarantee every team site has a long list of reason they should sign him. I do think the closeness might give us a chance. But the money will be top of the league....

That being said I think Niners will reach a little this year for FA.

QB I believe we draft someone a little higher than this.

But AB as always you making me think.
Only faults is WR and RB's there will be cuts and Id rather see your ideas on those if you choose to draft them....
Why do people think Marcel is a NT?!?!?!?! Guys he played DE in Saban's 3-4. That is where he is used to playing and where he is most effective.
  • cgida
  • Veteran
Pay attention to all those who feel the need to post their mock drafts, this is how a proper mock draft should look. Don't just say resign actually prove that you have an understanding and give us the money involved in resigning them so that it at least looks realistic.

As usual great job AB.
Draft:
1.Marcell Dareus, DT/DE Alabama
2.Stefan Wisniewski, C Penn State
3.Mikel LeShoure, RB Illinois
4.Andy Dalton, QB TCU
4.Jerre Jernian, WR Troy
5.Will Hil, S Florida
6.Owen Marecic, FB Stanford
6.Pione Fua, NT Stanford7.BPA
7.BPA

Who is this Pione you speak of? His name is Sione!
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Asomugha and Mankins? In all of our dreams

if we could get one of those guys the offseason would be a win, I would rather have an elite CB than a RG but I guess Mankins makes more sense for our team
Originally posted by cgida:
Pay attention to all those who feel the need to post their mock drafts, this is how a proper mock draft should look. Don't just say resign actually prove that you have an understanding and give us the money involved in resigning them so that it at least looks realistic.

As usual great job AB.

Agreed AB does a great job but have to say the cap is just bonus info if they need to to sign free agents there is alot of ways to clear up cap space.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

SIGN:

Lawson- 5yr $30M deal with 18M Guaranteed not for that money
Wragge- 1yr Mininum Deal
Wetsbrook- 1yr $3M deal
Troy Smith- 1r minimum deal no thx, even not for a dollar
Nnamdi Asomugha- Our big signing, give him a 5.5M Roster Bonus this yr, and a 10M bonus in 2012 to help with cap situation. what salary are we talking about?
Spikes- 2yr deal worth $7.5M
Reed- 1yr vets deal
McDonald- 3yr deal
Logan Mankins- Our other big signee, give him a $8M Bonus in 2011, and a 5M in 2012, with extra incentives and roster bouses in upcoming yrs
Hasselbeck - 1 yr deal as starter and groom draftee.

Resructure:

Nate Clements- Cut his 11M salary down to 5.5M with incentives to get the money back.

Cut:

Snyder
Haralson
Carr

Let Walk:

Goldson
Franklin
Alex Smith
Baas why? he is a solid center
Sims

Extend:

Delanie
Morgan

Draft:
1.Marcell Dareus, DT/DE Alabama
2.Stefan Wisniewski, C Penn State no, b/c i dont let baas walk...and i wanna have a pass-rushing olb
3.Mikel LeShoure, RB Illinois
4.Andy Dalton, QB TCU
4.Jerre Jernian, WR Troy why not toliver or deandre brown?
5.Will Hil, S Florida
6.Owen Marecic, FB Stanford
6.Pione Fua, NT Stanford anything can happen but i think that fua will be drafted in the 5th at latest
7.BPA
7.BPA
sometimes it would be nice if you exlain your picks

Wow, Mankins and Nnamdi? And resigning Manny? I don't see it happening. I also see Fua being selected in the 4th.

But I guess anything can happen.
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Wow, Mankins and Nnamdi? And resigning Manny? I don't see it happening. I also see Fua being selected in the 4th.

But I guess anything can happen.

I did think this was asking alot. Seems to be two best at position and available guys....

But you know we can dream can't we.
Love Mankins and Wisniewski, though many have the latter going in the first. Keeping Wragge helps with depth everywhere on the line, and the DBs get much better. Not sure I like Hasselback but who else are we likely to get...so OK.

Great job and fun! A lot to think about.
Another high pick on an O-linemen after singing mankins? Rather go another CB
I'd rather let Manny walk, and upgrade at that spot.
Share 49ersWebzone