1st up, we have about 34M in cap space.

2nd set aside about 6.5M for draftees.

and now signees and let gos

SIGN:

Lawson- 5yr $30M deal with 18M Guaranteed
Wragge- 1yr Mininum Deal
Wetsbrook- 1yr $3M deal
Troy Smith- 1r minimum deal
Nnamdi Asomugha- Our big signing, give him a 5.5M Roster Bonus this yr, and a 10M bonus in 2012 to help with cap situation.
Spikes- 2yr deal worth $7.5M
Reed- 1yr vets deal
McDonald- 3yr deal
Logan Mankins- Our other big signee, give him a $8M Bonus in 2011, and a 5M in 2012, with extra incentives and roster bouses in upcoming yrs
Hasselbeck - 1 yr deal as starter and groom draftee.

Resructure:

Nate Clements- Cut his 11M salary down to 5.5M with incentives to get the money back.

Cut:

Snyder
Haralson
Carr

Let Walk:

Goldson
Franklin
Alex Smith
Baas
Sims

Extend:

Delanie
Morgan

Draft:
1.Marcell Dareus, DT/DE Alabama
2.Stefan Wisniewski, C Penn State
3.Mikel LeShoure, RB Illinois
4.Andy Dalton, QB TCU
4.Jerre Jernian, WR Troy
5.Will Hil, S Florida
6.Owen Marecic, FB Stanford
6.Pione Fua, NT Stanford
7.BPA
7.BPA

TC Roster:

QB: Hasselbeck, Dalton, Troy,, UDFA
RB: Gore, Westbrook, Dixon, LeShoure, Omon
FB: Norris, Marecic
WR: Crabtree, Morgan, Ginn, Williams, Zeigler, Jurovich, Long, Jernigan
TE: Vernon, Delanie, Byham, Cloherty
C: Heitmann, Wisniewski, Howell
OG:Iupati, Mankins, Rachal, Wragge
OT: Staley, Davis, Boone, UDFA

DE: Smith, Sopoaga, McDonald, UDFA, UDFA
NT: Dareus, RJF, Fua
OLB: Lawson, Brooks, Gibson, Joseph
ILB: Willis, Spikes, Bowman, McKillop, Kristick
CB: Clements, Asomugha, Spencer, Brown, Brock, UDFA
S: Smith, Taylor, Spillman, Mays, Hill, UDFA

ST: Nedney, Lee, Jennings, Sacacio, Reed
I haven't seen too much of Dareus, but I heard he's good. I hope somehow, Fairley falls to us, but that won't happen.

A center in the 2nd? You had Wragge coming back, who can definitely start if Hietmann doesn't make a good return. Other than the center pick, its solid.
Nice job AB!
Originally posted by niner4life21:
I haven't seen too much of Dareus, but I heard he's good. I hope somehow, Fairley falls to us, but that won't happen.

A center in the 2nd? You had Wragge coming back, who can definitely start if Hietmann doesn't make a good return. Other than the center pick, its solid.

If fairley fals, then he should be the pick.

and thanks, i whipped this up quick, just for fun lol.
Would love for this offseason to happen but do you really think that Fua will drop till the 6th round with teams looking for NT and that LeShoure falls to the third. I can't see him getting past the 2nd round. Would love to have him though he is one of my favorite players of the draft. Nice work though, hopefully we do get Nnamdi. He would vastly improve our defense to I think top 8
[ Edited by rspinale on Jan 11, 2011 at 4:45 PM ]
Really sweetened this up with your re-signings and FA additions.

Draft is a bit... strange.

Dareus looked to me like he could be one hell of a NT. Good value too, thought that is early for NT.

Thought Walker was already extended.. pretty sure.

NO to extending Morgan... too inconsistent and lazy at times.

I like your 4th rounders and your FB. Don't see Fua falling that far. I would re-sign Baas and go other directions with your 2nd and 3rd rd picks.
love the signings we would have a nasty O Line.

do you really think wisniewski will be there for our 2nd rounder. dont we pick like 12

also do you think fua will last til round 6 some have him around late 4th
You draft a center in the second? You have Wragge coming back, Heitmann, and Baas wants to re sign, so if you want to build and not re build why not use a second round pick another position. The niners also have the USC Center signed to a future contract from another teams PS.

You draft a rb in the third, when the niners have Gore, Dixon and Westbrook, will that RB get any snaps?

You have the niners cutting Snyder, not resigning sims, if Joe Staley goes down or Anthony Davis go down who are the back up tackles, you would only have Boone.
thanks for all comments guys, i probably have Fua low and maybe Marecic higher than most, so i may be wrong, but hey anything can happen on draft day.
I can see Snyder/Rachal going but why Baas, Wragge and Franklin?

I still would like a high profile sack artist. But I like everything else.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Asomugha and Mankins? In all of our dreams
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Leshoure has an outside shot at being a 1st rounder according to some reports.
[ Edited by sfout on Jan 11, 2011 at 7:34 PM ]
AB, you da man!

I know the effort it takes to make one of these and I wish I was adept to keeping the cap info in my head, but it leaves me. I dig the FA signing breakdowns. Really, Mankins and Nnamdi can be had? Then, I applaud just these two let alone the others.

The one signing that puzzled me though was Manny. Why? Did he really show that IT this year? At times he did and I see the potential in him to do even better, huh? I see the reward aspect of it. I believe he didn't rush as much as others in the league, but his efficiency as a rusher surpassed some of the better names. Nice. I like.

I like the Dareus choice because he seriously would be able to attack as the "Seymour-type" DE in Fangio's 3-4, penetrating just like he did. Made Vrabel, Thomas and even TBC stars because of Seymour's disruption. Dareus could do that.

Great job overall! If you don't mind, I would love to use your figures as a template to my next mock. I was wondering about them and given your examples, which I really like, I look forward to my next one.

Glad your one of us, man.
[ Edited by ninertico on Jan 11, 2011 at 7:39 PM ]
Originally posted by adrenaline:
I still would like a high profile sack artist. But I like everything else.

That would be the one glaring omission I see as well. Fua will not last till the sixth round either. Like the FA signings.
Share 49ersWebzone