LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 245 users in the forums

A shady but proven way to get Luck

• KID9R
  • Veteran
Very risky for Luck but really no down side at all for us. Its really the only chance to get him unless we finish last in the league next year.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/566402-jim-harbaugh-san-francisco-49ers-andrew-luck-in-2011-nfl-supplemental-draft

(the supplemental route)
[ Edited by KID9R on Jan 11, 2011 at 3:38 PM ]
f**kING STOP. He has made it clear that he wants to get a degree. Why the hell would he compromise that?
even if he enters supp draft, it goes by 2011 draft order, thus we would pick 7th, and no way CAR at 1 would pass him for 2012 1st rd pick.

To get a guy like Fairley, Dareus or Bowers and Luck would be a huge get, but not happening.
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PatrickWillis52:
f**kING STOP. He has made it clear that he wants to get a degree. Why the hell would he compromise that?

1 deep breath

2 What else is he going to say if they thought of this

3 relax

4 Its just fun to dream

5 take a pill

6 I didn't write the article just posted it, sorry if it got into your line of sight

7 Its not like its completly impossible, its been done before
whats stupid is the architecture program at stanford isnt even accredited, luck is basically just getting a degree in art
Originally posted by KID9R:
Originally posted by PatrickWillis52:

1 deep breath

2 What else is he going to say if they thought of this

3 relax

4 Its just fun to dream

5 take a pill

6 I didn't write the article just posted it, sorry if it got into your line of sight

7 Its not like its completly impossible, its been done before

Its also been suggested already. Search function.
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
even if he enters supp draft, it goes by 2011 draft order, thus we would pick 7th, and no way CAR at 1 would pass him for 2012 1st rd pick.

To get a guy like Fairley, Dareus or Bowers and Luck would be a huge get, but not happening.

" Teams with six wins or less participate in the first lottery for the top supplemental draft picks"

I thought so too until I saw that.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Doing this wouldn't keep from getting his degree.....It would only take away his eligibility to play NCAA athletics.
Share 49ersWebzone