LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 194 users in the forums

Stanford Players that can help us

It's just natural for a new coach to grab some players from his old team to his new team. Harbaugh is going to bring at least 2 players from stanford. Most likely mid to late rds. Who you do think/want?
1.) Sione Fua, DT
2.) Owen Marecic, FB
3.) Derek Hall, OT/OG
4.) Thomas Keiser, LB
5.) Coby Fleener, TE (if he declares, but he may not)
[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Jan 11, 2011 at 1:01 PM ]
  • cools
  • Veteran
Im sure we will see a few Stanford players brought in

I want these three

FB Marecic
DT Fua
G/C Beeler

I think we will also see other Pac10 guys drafted, since Harbaugh gets a close look at them during the season
Baalke is in charge of the draft. I'm sure Harbaugh will get some input but I wouldn't expect a Stanford and Pac-10 centric draft just because Harbaugh coached at Stanford.
All you stanford fans keep talking about Fua... who is this guy?
i dont necessarily think we will definately be spending mulitple draft picks on stanford players, but i think we will be able to sign some undrafted rookie free agents from stanford
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
All you stanford fans keep talking about Fua... who is this guy?

Their nose tackle.
How about CB Richard Sherman 6' 3" & 192 lbs? Would be a nice late round pick.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Sione Fua would be one hell of a steal for us, especially if we do bring in Fangio to replace Manusky. Aubrayo should be leaving us based on his decent season and wanting a big deal, having to young NT's would be huge for us.
Originally posted by tohara3:

Sherman might be worth developing as a FS; not sure of his ability to hold up as an NFL CB though.

• Envy
  • Veteran
Griff Whalen looks a baller. Kid played DB, QB, RB and now is a slot receiver. Could be an Endlemen type of guy. Not sure if he is open to drafting though.
  • Envy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Envy:
Griff Whalen looks a baller. Kid played DB, QB, RB and now is a slot receiver. Could be an Endlemen type of guy. Not sure if he is open to drafting though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yzMNtEo7qo
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by tohara3:

Sherman might be worth developing as a FS; not sure of his ability to hold up as an NFL CB though.

Very true. I know he is a converted CB from WR. Good looking out there Ghost!
We have two 4th rd picks and two 6 rd picks

NT 4th rd
FB 5th rd
OT 6th rd
CB/FS SHERMAN 6th rd
OC 7th rd
  • mike
  • Veteran
idk if we'll spend that many picks on stanford guys. Remember when carroll skipped on Mays last draft? Seemed like he was expecting to go with him.

I think you scout the whole field, maybe even avoiding the possible biases of college players you've coached in the past.
Share 49ersWebzone